40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Focus T25: Core Speed"=Done!

Never got this one. I start beta next week. I'm a bit scared to be honest.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Focus T25: Core Speed"=Done!

Never got this one. I start beta next week. I'm a bit scared to be honest.
    Beta's not too bad. Gamma is pretty rough though. :p

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options
    Had my "crossfit" cardio session today. Made it through it all, kicked my behind. Good workout though.

Bad leg is cranky with the booties I decided to wear, but too bad, it can just start getting over itself :|
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, the past 3 days have been brutal, with very little of anything physical on my part. I really need to snap outta that funk!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I almost skipped today's workout. Alarm went off, and I decided I needed a day off. Reset the alarm for 2 hours later and rolled back over to go back to sleep.

Then the other voice kicked in with all the reasons why I should be at the gym.

Got up, went to the gym.

Yup, this was this morning in a nutshell:
    mqdgtzbswz6a.jpg

Way to go! No one ever regrets the workout they do....only the one they don't do!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Chisel Balance today. It's an odd workout, but I like it.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Got up stupid early to meet a deadline, and struggled with it until 2pm. Then I threw my laptop out the window (although I may have imagined that part), and went to the pool. Just me and the lifeguard. It helped. I’ll get back to work soon. But first: Coffee.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Full body training today. Glad I went as I honestly didn't feel like it. Have a great weekend kids.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options
    So glad it's Friday. The workouts are kicking my butt, need a couple days off from the gym. Got a moto ride planned on Sunday, so that should be fun - need to get out, the "winter grind" is starting to feel old!
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    This seems not for me. It's about all Type A personalities and their work outs. I get in the gym and get on treadmill and rowers. Then I mix up a circuit workout and/stationary bike. I will go on a long hike or "professionally" walk the dogs.

I survived a stroke two years ago, and I suffered speech apraxia (my muscle memory is gone) and a mild aphasia. All my physical capabilities are intact. I lost 40 pounds.

I'm eating nutritionally "Cleaner", gotta go get that A1C down. Back before the stroke, I had 16 embryos banked and now am ready for their transfer (I am thinking I have the UCSF doctor on board) -- and that A1C is 6.5+. I got to get that number down.

Is there "secrets" for getting that A1c down? My cholesterol is fine (170, good cholesterol is fine) my blood pressure is 119/73 last time I checked.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My brother used a ketogenic diet to get his A1C down...it went from 10 to 6.5 in about 6 months...he didn't even track anything he just quit eating carbs and sweets, all meat and green vegetables.

For clarification...he quit eating carbs and sweets...he started eating only meat and green vegetables...that was a bit run-on.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Nice 1.2 lb drop today. Ran 5k, shoveled snow, and did a bunch of calisthenics since I don't want to run out to the gym. Not the snow, but the other drivers have not adapted to driving yet.
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This seems not for me. It's about all Type A personalities and their work outs. I get in the gym and get on treadmill and rowers. Then I mix up a circuit workout and/stationary bike. I will go on a long hike or "professionally" walk the dogs.

I survived a stroke two years ago, and I suffered speech apraxia (my muscle memory is gone) and a mild aphasia. All my physical capabilities are intact. I lost 40 pounds.

I'm eating nutritionally "Cleaner", gotta go get that A1C down. Back before the stroke, I had 16 embryos banked and now am ready for their transfer (I am thinking I have the UCSF doctor on board) -- and that A1C is 6.5+. I got to get that number down.

Is there "secrets" for getting that A1c down? My cholesterol is fine (170, good cholesterol is fine) my blood pressure is 119/73 last time I checked.

I'm not sure what you mean? We all kind of do our own thing, it sounds like what you are doing is great for you, so keep doing it! As far as A1C, do you think a consult with a dietitian might help? I started working with one about 6 months ago, it's been extremely helpful for me.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

I began an 8 week commitment to weigh, measure and log like I did last spring while working with a dietician. My goal is to get to a lighter weight this year. About 12lbs would be perfect before racing season begins.

My wife and I have been anxious for some snow to go snowshoeing, but that doesn't seem to be in the forecast. Guess that means I'll be sticking to the regular old training routine this weekend.
  • cheshirecat7795
    cheshirecat7795 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Almost 41 year old looking for some inspiring friends to help each other out. I love zumba a lot. My wedding is September so trying to get in shape.
    Stephanie
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Beast: Rest...in progress. :p
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: Half-assed yoga.

Today: Treadmill run. Made up a new game: Playlist Half-life. First 16 min, easy pace. Increasing speed after 8, 4, 2, and the last 1 was a full sprint.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Headache sent me back to bed. I slept a good bit today. It helped to clear up my other unwell feelings. I plan on being more active tomorrow.