• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    u5de4u4hr76u.jpg
    szdlcmglrvp6.jpg
    gwxlew74dtct.jpg
    zbx49x79aybv.jpg

@Avocado_AS5

Gray cotton suit. Not every suit has to be worsted wool. This one shows what I mean by "adult garanimals". Gray (suit), blue (small check in shirt, tie, and pocket square), and brown (shoes, belt) mix wonderfully and rarely clash...it's always a safe, complimentary group of colors to work from. This is pretty easy to get right if the fit is on point.

Instead of wearing a big, loud tie I've got a small pocket square. Again, the blues compliment but don't match.

Tailoring wise, the back view shows something interesting about me...my right shoulder sits lower than my left, so there's a wrinkle across the back. A custom suit ($$$$$) would fix that, but I could never spend that kind of money (plus nobody else cares). Don't sweat the small things. It's okay to dress well, just don't take yourself too seriously. They are just clothes, after all.

This is pretty.
    And I totally forgot how freaking tall you are.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    u5de4u4hr76u.jpg
    szdlcmglrvp6.jpg
    gwxlew74dtct.jpg
    zbx49x79aybv.jpg

@Avocado_AS5

Gray cotton suit. Not every suit has to be worsted wool. This one shows what I mean by "adult garanimals". Gray (suit), blue (small check in shirt, tie, and pocket square), and brown (shoes, belt) mix wonderfully and rarely clash...it's always a safe, complimentary group of colors to work from. This is pretty easy to get right if the fit is on point.

Instead of wearing a big, loud tie I've got a small pocket square. Again, the blues compliment but don't match.

Tailoring wise, the back view shows something interesting about me...my right shoulder sits lower than my left, so there's a wrinkle across the back. A custom suit ($$$$$) would fix that, but I could never spend that kind of money (plus nobody else cares). Don't sweat the small things. It's okay to dress well, just don't take yourself too seriously. They are just clothes, after all.

I wish I had your style, knowledge for finer clothing and reasons to wear them.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    z9b6vrp03xoz.jpg
    Handsome boi.

The best of them all
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    BDfVm.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    BDfVm.jpg

Is one of these you? :laugh:
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    I have a question about tie knots. I am a bit embarrassed to say I only know how to tie one knot that I learned almost 30 yrs ago in the service. I think it's a Windsor but I don't even know....it's a small knot. I have noticed some very big bold knots being worn and was wondering what are they? Is the knot of a tie determined by the suit? By the occasion? Or no matter just preference? I have a thick neck and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with knot size....

It can also depend on the tie. Jos A Banks Executive series ties are awesome, but $$$$$. I only buy them on sale or if I have some Banks Cash to redeem. They have a thick(ish) material in the middle that gives them good body and makes them lay flat. A double Windsor with one of these ties, or one like it, carries decent body and has a good size to it. I have a silk tie or two that I don't care much for because the knot looks tiny and they tend to slip open a little easier.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    BDfVm.jpg

Is one of these you? :laugh:

No ?
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

This is exactly how those videos I watch on the internet always start[/quote]

:laugh:
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    u5de4u4hr76u.jpg
    szdlcmglrvp6.jpg
    gwxlew74dtct.jpg
    zbx49x79aybv.jpg

@Avocado_AS5

Looking super smooth in all your contributions sir! :smile:
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    wczdazu5t7xg.jpg
    rd110yw11etj.jpg
    b9jvs57u4cpc.jpeg
    qgz6ub8zr3av.jpg

@Avocado_AS5, Sunday edition. Tieless.

This one fits me slightly less well, and is probably in the running for my least favorite suit. It needs a little more tailoring at the waist, and the wool is just...flat, the color doesn't pop. Shoulders are also more padded than I like. If I did it over again, this is one I wouldn't buy.

When going tieless, get that second button undone and show a bit of neck. Just don't go lower. Please. Seriously.

Sooo, that’s a hard NO on showing a little navel?
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Danw586 wrote: »

Dan you certainly are the man.. way to rock a suit :+1:
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    What sort of strip tease thread did I walk in on? Continue.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    wczdazu5t7xg.jpg
    rd110yw11etj.jpg
    b9jvs57u4cpc.jpeg
    qgz6ub8zr3av.jpg

@Avocado_AS5, Sunday edition. Tieless.

This one fits me slightly less well, and is probably in the running for my least favorite suit. It needs a little more tailoring at the waist, and the wool is just...flat, the color doesn't pop. Shoulders are also more padded than I like. If I did it over again, this is one I wouldn't buy.

When going tieless, get that second button undone and show a bit of neck. Just don't go lower. Please. Seriously.

Might be your least favorite, but yup.. you look great!