Six pack abs at 50

Hey Guys, I have less than 5 months to get to the big 5 0 and I want help in getting a six pack ab to celebrate the moment. Anybody with any tips motivation guidance all help is welcome

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Lose that layer of fat hiding them and lift heavy! I'm rooting for you!
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    how far away are you from getting that pack ? ... are you at 2 or 4 yet ?
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    I guess the real question is what do you look like now? How far are you from your goal realistically? I mean, Chris Pratt did it in 6 months but he was also 18 years younger and had access to a personal trainer.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I guess the real question is what do you look like now? How far are you from your goal realistically? I mean, Chris Pratt did it in 6 months but he was also 18 years younger and had access to a personal trainer.

And the likelyhood he is using steroids is... high.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    1. What do you weigh
    2. what is your current BF%
    3. What is your current training plan
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    What's your current % body fat? Men need to get down to under 10% if they want a visible 6 pack along with all the other work that needs to go into developing them.

And he probably spent hours each day in the gym, a luxury that those of us working for a living may not have.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    What's your current % body fat? Men need to get down to under 10% if they want a visible 6 pack along with all the other work that needs to go into developing them.

And he probably spent hours each day in the gym, a luxury that those of us working for a living may not have.
    JoRocka wrote: »

And a personal nutritionist/cook/sleep scientist etc
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

yeah- when your job is literally to get to six pack abs- it's possible- but you're paying for it- in a lot of ways.
    1. What do you weigh

all jokes aside- before real help can be given- these questions need to be answered.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    A lot more information is necessary...

But I'll be honest...I had a 6 pack in my 20s and I easily maintained that low of a BF% without issue...it's hard as *kitten* to for me to maintain sub 10% at 43. I'd say there are probably some guys with great genetics that can do it outside of their 20s and 30s, but I'd say they are few and far between if they're natty...
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    A bunch of cardio combined with deficit to reduce body fat % below 15%. Planks and other ab daily work to build core muscle. After that you can start on getting a six pack.
  • sixpackabs2
    sixpackabs2 Posts: 17 Member
    Start a year ago?

ha ha! yes should have...
  • sixpackabs2
    Lose that layer of fat hiding them and lift heavy! I'm rooting for you!

Thank you. yes trying to get rid of that stubborn fat...
  • sixpackabs2

I am 5'11" average body type
    160 lbs
    32 waist
    no personal trainer... trying to get there on my own...
  • sixpackabs2
    1. What do you weigh

1. 160lbs
    2. not sure maybe 18-20%
    3. no plan...
    started a week ago
    30 minutes treadmill
    15 minutes mild weights
    10 minutes stretching including abs

i understand my goal is unrealistic but i would like to give it a shot nevertheless...
  • sixpackabs2

True to all of the above...thank you for your responses...