Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    “Body Beast Build: Back & Bis”= Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Beast Up: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps"=Done!
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Have a rare evening off this week. So, plans are to finally make it back to the gym after too long of a break due to an overwhelming schedule.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Yesterday: Half-assed yoga.

Today: Treadmill run. Made up a new game: Playlist Half-life. First 16 min, easy pace. Increasing speed after 8, 4, 2, and the last 1 was a full sprint.

You made me laugh. That's pretty much how I do yoga, too!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    I've finished Hammer and Chisel. Originally, I'd planned to move on to P90X2, but my favorite CG (Camp Gladiator) location recently changed trainers and days. The new trainer is one of my favorites, and he's going to run camp at this location 3 days a week instead of two. I think I'll give my living room a break and change things up a bit and do CG 3 days a week along with 4 or 5 runs a week for the next month or two. I'll cut back and bring it back inside when the temperatures rise again, but for now, it's gorgeous out there!

Anyway, today is the first day of Endurance week. It was a good total body workout. I was definitely feeling the Warrior Dash that I did on Saturday, but not as much as I thought I would. Could it be? I'm fitter than I thought I was? Cool.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday kids. Hot Pilates and Boot camp done. I am so in love with the puppy. I posted a pic of him on my main page. I promise to put a few on here. Have a great day kids.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Monday it is. Yesterday spent the day on a street ride with my club, there's one sweet little stretch of back road where I got to really stretch my bike's legs a bit.

First time wearing my race boots (and was breaking in my new race suit), and first long ride since last year. Was happily surprised that my bad ankle didn't even get too cranky or swollen and the boots weren't killing me at all!

Foot on that leg was a bit sore this morning (muscles) which is understandable, but pushed through the full workout anyways. Less than 5 weeks until the first race weekend :o
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Started the week off with an early morning workout since I was up anyway. Gives me some time to buy a V-day present for the wife.

She treated me to a massage yesterday since I've been very tight and knotty lately. I'm not convinced they really do anything, I feel about the same today.

3 days of snowblowing and shoveling the driveway over the weekend, so got a few extra workouts in. And didn't have one alcoholic beverage, which is not generally a problem I've just been trying to limit my empty calories. So, pretty healthy weekend for the most part but still feeling a little slow today. Tomorrow will be a rest day.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Meat and vegetables -- check! Salads and baked chicken, baked turkey and brussel sprouts, baked chicken thighs and asparagus. Ketogenesis?

I'm more sure about portion control and incorporating exercise. I'm making a single steak and cutting up 3-4 oz. for me and my husband (one a week thing). Oh, I bought 90% lean sirloin ground beef! Burgers! I don't know if it's the stroke, but the post-stroke I have been craving burgers! And vegetables! (Not sure if I can change the vanilla shake thing.)

I've been fighting cravings of chocolate! I'll be having chocolate on Feb. 14.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast: Beast Up: Legs"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    A 4-mile run, including 8 hill sprints. I'm still a little sluggish from all of the timee off of regular running, but it feels good to be back to training again!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the bike trainer, listening to business podcasts. Employee utilization metrics. Fascinating. :-/
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Muscle endurance routine for about 90 minutes plus a 15 minute warm up on the stationary bike today. Burn baby burn!
  • ThatHealthyCaper
    ThatHealthyCaper Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi all! I would like to join to join this group but I am not sure how!
    I signed up with MFP a couple of years ago and used it with great success to lose almost 20 pounds but I didn't participate in the forums or anything. This time, I'm "older and wiser" :blush: and would like to create some supportive relationships.
    I always tell people I am 39 and holding and literally had to do some math to figure out I am currently 43 (although I'll deny it if anyone asks). I have 3 children, all with varying degrees of mental health challenges. As I get older I am more convinced a lot of our health issues are due in large part to the food we eat. The last couple of years have been spent doing a lot of research on this and I really am convinced we need to eat more "food" and less "chemicals".
    Currently I work at a desk job Mon - Fri but I am hoping next year to be able to enroll in a year long course (evening classes) to become a Registered Nutritional Consultant. As food is totally my passion I feel it's something I will truly enjoy and hope to to able to use it to encourage and help others to lead healthier/longer lives.
    While I am at a healthy weight, I'm on the higher end of healthy and would like to lose 8-10 pounds. In 8 weeks, my other half and I are heading to Cuba for a two week vacation and I'd really like to be able to wear my bikini without feeling self conscious!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    Lifting done. BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Gamma Speed 3.0"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Another good endurance workout at CG today. I have just enough time to put a cake in the oven (hubby's birthday) and shower before heading out to a very long, very brutal night at work.
  • epetty23
    epetty23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello cool kid gang, I'm 40 and I am working on losing 50 lbs. I just want to focus on a better healthier lifestyle, making better choices and look young at the age of 80. :wink:
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Beautiful day today! Ran 3m outside — the first time off the treadmill in a while. Lovely, sunny day, and perfect running temps.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Build: Back & Bis”= Done!