The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    shele62 wrote: »
    Can you add "60 and 70s" to the name of the group so those in their 50's don't feel like we are the oldest?

Think of us in the 50's as the wisest

Yup. Older and wiser. Nothing to be ashamed of.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    I’m looking for friends, I’m 59, I’ll be 60 this year, and I’m back at MFP in the same acct! Feel free to add me!! I do a lot of Just Dance in case anyone else is doing that too!
  • Dreamer5220
    Dreamer5220 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    Need a few friends for support. I’m 49. Please add me. Thanks!
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Keef75 wrote: »
    I am stuck at 83kg, I would like to get to 80kg by July and lower my body fat/visceral fat but proving a mission

Not an expert, but at 83, you are probably not to high on bf anyway. (If I were at 83 (bmi 25) and had the same amount of muscles, I would be at 10% bf). So there are two ways to lower body fat: loose fat OR build muscles. Put on to kg muscles, and bf will sink.
  • N0easyway0ut
    N0easyway0ut Posts: 193 Member
    36 and counting! Just had a friends clearout so always looking for active friends. Open diary - daily logger. Add me.
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Had to put on a belt today. It's the small things in life that is motivating.
    Just skipped my girl of to her mother for a week, and trying to find motivation to work...coffee really helps
  • Christy42177
    Christy42177 Posts: 678 Member
    Starting today! Feel free to add me :)
  • Beenreborn74
    Beenreborn74 Posts: 3 Member
    If this thread is still going, right smack dab in the middle of middle age :smiley:
  • jennlea30
    jennlea30 Posts: 15 Member
    Hello, always looking for support and motivators. feel free to add me
  • glacierlilly
    glacierlilly Posts: 54 Member
    46 - looking for social and support as well.
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Hi everyone. Long time MFP'er. I go by T short for Tammy. I just turned 41, 11 days ago. I joined MFP When I was 35 years old. I noit only met but far exceeded my initial goals. However like a lot of people, due to life's circumstances, I got off track. I'm back and looking for new motivational friends! Please feel free to add!
  • Welcome and Hello everyone. Happy Monday :)
  • phobrien81
    phobrien81 Posts: 29 Member
    Hello all!
  • Mizzezde
    Mizzezde Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all I am De and I am 53 years young. I am a recent convert from Lose It because this is the program my fitness band uses. I am on a mission to drop a total of 100 lbs within the next year. by walking and changing my eating habits.

Oh, I am from Seattle WA feel free to add me. Good Luck everyone.
  • B3xt3rC
    B3xt3rC Posts: 23 Member
    37, UK member looking for active diary loggers and commenters to keep me motivated, return support given!
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Hello all i'm 39 i'm active you can add me
  • kathkw
    kathkw Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I’m almost 52 and really seeing the effects the 50’s so I’m back at MFP, trying to track what I eat, exercise more, be healthier and lose some weight. Looking for friends on here! Please add me.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,863 Member
    Happy Monday and welcome all. Keep on logging hope everyone is well. Going to work out now . You should too lol good luck all
  • suzic1976
    suzic1976 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 41. Will be 42 in April. Don't want to be overweight and unhealthy at 43!! Feel free to add me xx
  • fhorn
    fhorn Posts: 28 Member
    Its funny my mind doesn't think I'm middle aged ....my body disagrees.