The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Who considers 30's middle age? even 40's doesn't qualify!
  • ccharger6565
    ccharger6565 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to be added. Not sure how this works. I’m randomly just pressing buttons. I hope I can be part of a supportive group of people.
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Is there a group, or is it just a place to post?

52 and lift heavy.

How much do you lift and how often

As much as I can 5 days a week. Why?

I was just wondering.. 5 days is amazing!!! I do every other day..
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi gang, TGIF
  • Hanna10679
    Hanna10679 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new here. 38 years old. Please feel free to add me.
  • Niff314
    Niff314 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    42 checking in. :D Feel free to add me as well!
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Dont want to sound negative but why would you want someone as friends if you have not interacted with them either on forums or thru mutual friends? and probably even if added you would not interact with them?
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello, hello. Come on in and make yourselves comfortable. We've got enormous chairs, Liza Doolittle style.

What's everyone up to this weekend? I have an extended karate class, a trip to the police station, buying crickets for my tarantula, making up an order for a client, giving a massage and thenI'm done for the day. Tomorrow is a birthday party for my 5 year old's friend!
  • MJFSH
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Dont want to sound negative but why would you want someone as friends if you have not interacted with them either on forums or thru mutual friends? and probably even if added you would not interact with them?

I have a lot of friends like that. Sure, some are the silent type, but a few likes can be encouraging. And how do you know whether they are going to interact unless you try. They may become the puzzle piece you have been missing and didn't even know it. Life is much poorer turning down opportunities just because they may not work out. You are missing out on some awesome people

That said, anyone can add me as a friend. I accept all friend requests and have made some wonderfully supportive friends after they became friends

i might be missing out but so far its been working for me. i only accept mutual friends who seem very supportive and active on friends posts. ☺
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

I have a lot of friends like that. Sure, some are the silent type, but a few likes can be encouraging. And how do you know whether they are going to interact unless you try. They may become the puzzle piece you have been missing and didn't even know it. Life is much poorer turning down opportunities just because they may not work out. You are missing out on some awesome people

That said, anyone can add me as a friend. I accept all friend requests and have made some wonderfully supportive friends after they became friends

i might be missing out but so far its been working for me. i only accept mutual friends who seem very supportive and active on friends posts. ☺

I'm glad it's working for you. I am a compulsive friend adder. I'm working on it. I try not to add every single person but usually I can't stop myself. But I have such an awesome group of friends. Maybe they are all just indulging my nuttiness, but I choose to think not. :tongue:
  • jen99382
    jen99382 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    New here....and fitting into the (gasp) middle agers group. Hope you all had a fantastic week!
  • marygraci999
    Options

52 and lift heavy.

I follow the PHAT program. It combines heavy lifting with hypertrophy, best of both worlds.

Can you enlight me on what hypertrophy is.. Im new to the workout world..
  • marygraci999
    Options
    Hello, hello, hello. Come on in and make yourselves comfortable. We've got enormous chairs, Liza Doolittle style.

What's everyone up to this weekend? I have an extended karate class, a trip to the police station, buying crickets for my tarantula, making up an order for a client, giving a massage and thenI'm done for the day. Tomorrow is a birthday party for my 5 year old's friend!

Good Morning!! I am going to tour a university with my daughter. Then I will hit the gym.. Its a rainy crappy day... :)
  • marygraci999
    Options

52 and lift heavy.

I follow the PHAT program. It combines heavy lifting with hypertrophy, best of both worlds.

Can you enlight me on what hypertrophy is.. Im new to the workout world..

Heavy lifting is where you do reps of 1 to 5 repitions

Hypertrophy is where you do maybe 8 to 12 repetitions. So, it’s not heavy.

Heavy lifting is to increase strength. Hypertrophy is to increase size. The PHAT program incorporates both into a program.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

Got it... Thanks for the help.. :)
  • Hanna10679
    Hanna10679 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good morning middle agers! I hope you all have a motivated and fantastic day!