• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    li8bsiegsy7m.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    76eu5fxn0741.jpg

Canada's Kaitlyn Lawes and John Morris competed in the first ever mixed doubles curling Olympic gold medal final.

They downed defending world champions Jenny Perret and Martin Rios of Switzerland 10-3 in Tuesday's final to win Gold.
  • cee134
    Options
    6bry9b5jfp3a.png

Shaun White won the Gold medal for men's halfpipe. His third gold medal and the USA’s 100th of all time.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I'm boycotting the Olympic Games until Break Dance Fighting becomes a recognized Olympic sport.

... somebody needs to take a stand on this, right?
  • cee134
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm boycotting the Olympic Games until Break Dance Fighting becomes a recognized Olympic sport.

Did you know they are adding Skateboarding and surfing for the summer Olympics?
  • cee134
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Germans Unexpectedly Win Olympic Pairs Figure Skating

kwrqbamxvs0l.jpg

Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot of Germany unexpectedly won the gold medal in pairs figure skating on Thursday, rebounding from fourth place after the short program.

Savchenko broke into tears, punched the air, and broke down again as the winning pair received hugs from their fellow medallists. She finally won the gold after her 5th and probably final Olympic games. She won two Olympic bronze medals at Vancouver 2010 and Sochi 2014. Massot is skating in his first Olympic Winter Games at the age of 29.
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Best story of the Olympics in my opinion.....

Norway's Simen Hegstad Krueger gave the skiathlon field a huge head start when he fell and broke a pole in the first 200 meters, falling to last place with 29 kilometers to go.
    •He picked the other 67 racers off one at a time and with about 5 km to go he took the lead.
    •He eventually built up a Ledeckian lead and coasted to an easy win in his first-ever Olympic event.
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    BTW, I am so glad that I do not have to get up at 2am to watch curling anymore......(my fav competition)
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Surfing?

It's about time!

Have you ever tried to surf?

It's difficult. .... but a blast!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    3M_TA3 wrote: »
    Best story of the Olympics in my opinion.....

Norway's Simen Hegstad Krueger gave the skiathlon field a huge head start when he fell and broke a pole in the first 200 meters, falling to last place with 29 kilometers to go.
    •He picked the other 67 racers off one at a time and with about 5 km to go he took the lead.
    •He eventually built up a Ledeckian lead and coasted to an easy win in his first-ever Olympic event.

That reminds me of my first 10K race.

After most everyone else had finished, it was between me and a pregnant lady in a sprint to the line.

..... I came in third.
  • cee134
    Options

Surfing?

It's about time!

I haven't but I have heard it is fun.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Surfing?

It's about time!

I haven't but I have heard it is fun.

Hot Tip.

Learn on a long board, something big and heavy.
  • Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Love everything about the Olympics! I am especially pleased to see petty differences put aside and the way the athletes cheer each other on.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Have been watching and thoroughly enjoying every night...well except last night because of our South Florida proximity to horrific tragedy.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Lovely Pictures here, thanks.
    We have been enjoying every night of the Winter Games , well except last night because of our proximity to the tragedy here in South Florida.

Also nice is that our cable channels offer a dedicated TV Olympic Channel with some unexpectedly great programming.
  • cee134
    edited February 2018
    Options
    17-year-old Vincent Zhou of California became the first person ever to land a Quad Lutz at the Olympics.

3eijp1imn3hm.gif
  • tartanhibee
    tartanhibee Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Britain won its first medal today a bronze in the skeleton. Hopefully another few Medal hopes tomorrow.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Sorry but I won’t be sad for them to end so we can return to the regularly scheduled programs.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    17-year-old Vincent Zhou of California became the first person ever to land a Quad Lutz at the Olympics.

3eijp1imn3hm.gif

Damn :o
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    nx3dqrji7f5y.gif
    f523ywht1atr.gif