How often do you weight yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, after a wee, nude, even if I know I have overeaten the previous day or more. The highs and lows showing on the scale help me to track what happens to my weight when I eat high sodium or other foods that may have an effect on the scale. This has helped me understand my own body's fluctuations better.
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Like many others, I weigh daily and record it on the Happy Scale app, and on Wednesday I use my trending weight as my weekly MFP weight.
    This allows me to monitor daily fluctuations and reduces the risk of a high/low weekly weigh in.
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I only log once or twice a week on here and monitor my weight, but I do step on the scale daily just to see how things affect my fluctuations.
  • jaxsmama123
    jaxsmama123 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before I do anything (eat, get dressed, etc) I enjoy seeing the difference, even if I lost a quarter of a pound. It's satisfying :)
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Weekly. I drive myself crazy with the fluctuation if I do it daily but Weekly seems to be pretty accurate and I can do it right at work with one of the medical scales.
  • MoreFitLessFat
    MoreFitLessFat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    tar2323 wrote: »
    I weigh daily, after a wee, nude, even if I know I have overeaten the previous day or more. The highs and lows showing on the scale help me to track what happens to my weight when I eat high sodium or other foods that may have an effect on the scale. This has helped me understand my own body's fluctuations better.

That's quite interesting! I usually just worry too much when I eat too much sodium or artificial things. Maybe this is an approach I should try...
  • TriciaRoehrig
    TriciaRoehrig Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hah like 5 times a day! I am nuts with it. But I also know my normal daily and monthly fluctuations.
  • MoreFitLessFat
    MoreFitLessFat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Like many others, I weigh daily and record it on the Happy Scale app, and on Wednesday I use my trending weight as my weekly MFP weight.
    This allows me to monitor daily fluctuations and reduces the risk of a high/low weekly weigh in.

This was such a great discovery! I had never heard of Happy Scale and I found it to be quite interesting. There's the android version called Libra and I'm so excited to try it! Thanks to you and to others who mentioned I think I just found a really power- and useful tool :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    2-3x per week...
  • Golferdrone
    Golferdrone Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Multiple times a day
  • qandv9
    qandv9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale most days but only log it once a week if there is a change.
  • MishellKay
    MishellKay Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I log my weight once per week and record measurements once per month. I do not want to obsess...
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and then just look at the trends. I use Libra on my phone to track it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Daily first thing in a.m. My scale app syncs to MFP and I look my weight numbers at the end of the week.
  • claritea1
    claritea1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Question for daily weighers: say you record a weekly loss every Friday, do you choose the actual weight Friday or the lowest weight of the week? Hope that makes sense.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    claritea1 wrote: »
    Question for daily weighers: say you record a weekly loss every Friday, do you choose the actual weight Friday or the lowest weight of the week? Hope that makes sense.

Before I started recording every one on MFP, I just did that day's weight.
  • Kayla647
    Kayla647 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I only record it weekly
  • katebowen37
    katebowen37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and write it on a calendar. That way I can easily compare to 1-4 weeks ago and see progress. I like weighing daily because it reminds me to make good choices throughout the day. I found when I weighed less often, my goals weren't in the forefront of my mind when someone brought snacks into the office :) Weight does fluctuate for sometimes no obvious reason, and my period will balloon me up, but it can also be helpful when you *know* you've been eating more calories, to see the effect.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with how often I should weight myself. I think I'd go insane doing it daily. I usually do it weekly, but being a woman that fluctuates a lot because of my period. But also, monthly is waaaay too big of a gap to wait. How about yourself? How often do you weight yourself?

I weigh each morning, after a workout, and each evening before bed. I know how things effect me and nothing sneaks up on me.
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    Whenever I feel like it, but I only "officially" weigh myself for the record once a week.

THIS!!