What's Your Favorite Breakfast & Morning Routine to Start Your Day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Coffee at the computer when my dog wakes me up until it's time to wake up the kids and/or I get hungry... then pack lunches/have breakfast. Breakfast totally changes from one day to another really. I typically hop on the treadmill an hour later after cup #2 (in Summer, I take the dog out after my first cup so I'm back before hubby has to go to work).

Week end is pretty much the same, except I wait until the kids are up to get on the treadmill so I don't wake them up (but they're often up even earlier than during the week anyway).
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Up at 6am. 6am to 6:30 is staring at phone time--in winter next to a light therapy light, summer in the sunroom. 6:30-7:30 is some kind of exercise--treadmill, walking outside, or a Beachbody video. 7:30 I start getting ready for work. At work by 9, get coffee and have breakfast.

Weekends I putter around the house while my husband sleeps in.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been waking up between 6 and 7 am. Weigh myself. Get dressed, walk the dog, come home, have a cup of coffee with 3 tablespoons of creamer. Go to gym. Work out on elliptical, weights or ride stationary bike. Come home make breakfast which might be a protein drink, poached eggs on toast, oatmeal, or bran cereal with fruit then go about the rest of my day.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning exercise person. Weekdays I get up at 6, weigh myself while the tub fills with water and then spend 1 hour in a hot bath (relaxing, getting clean, shaving legs, exfoliating, etc). I get out at 7 and do my makeup, meet my husband in the kitchen & we make a simple breakfast and coffee. Sit with him for about 20 minutes enjoying that time & writing in a simple "daily questions" journal we share. Then I dry and/or do my hair, get dressed & head out the door at 7:50, feeling glad I live 2 miles from the office and will be there with time to spare.

Weekends are almost the same but with a later time schedule, leisurely breakfast, and followed by fun stuff.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Normally I wake up, check some websites in bed, find out it's late already, stumble out of bed, start making breads for breakfast and lunch and pack them into my bag, grab my jacket and leave my flat. To find out I'm still in my nighties and plushies, my breakfast and keys are inside the flat and the door is closed.

Ok, that only happened twice last year.

Generally I do this less chaotic, wash and dress up first, make bread and grab fruit, take my thyroid meds, grab all the keys and my bag, and drive to work where I first have a big mug of tea, then my breakfast.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Weekdays, get up at 6:40am to make kids' breakfast and lunches for school, see them off at 7:30, clean kitchen, make coffee, drink coffee with a square of 85% dark chocolate, and begin work at my treadmill desk (work from home). Lunch around 1pm.

On Sat, sleep in with hubby while kids watch TV, then coffee/chocolate when I get up, then lunch around 1pm.

Most of my workouts these days are walking on the treadmill desk, or the occasional run outside, but not usually in the morning. If I do strength training, it's at night in front of the TV.

It's interesting reading about everyone's different routines!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Sleeping in ... :wink:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,780 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Sleeping in ... :wink:

You really need a new shot in mid yell/scream!

I mean every time I look at you not screaming your lungs out I am getting a jolt of dissonance since I am so used to "knowing" you in your previous guise!

Don't get me wrong. I love the more sophisticated current look. But the scream? That is missing!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Uni days (MTW) I'm up at 5am to caught the 5:58 train. 7:20am ish I hit the gym till 8:15/8:30 then it's to class. Lunch break is usually 12:00-13:00 when I have my first thing to eat (unless I was really hungry after the gym). I then eat again once I'm home. Mondays it's either 17:30 or 18:30, Tuesdays it's 16:30 or 17:30, Wednesdays it's 14:30.

The rest of the week it all depends when I'm working and I have no real set routine.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and hit the gym!
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Monday thru Friday, up at 4:30, feed the dogs and cats, eat breakfast (egg, toast, and turkey sausage), read a book or go online, run a load of laundry or tidy up the house a bit. Gym by 6:30 - Spartan workouts on M W F, running on T and Th, 40 minutes a day, shower at the gym and get to work by 8:15.
  • jumpsquats
    jumpsquats Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bloody hell, some of you guys wake up early! Wish I could do that. But 750ml of water, a cup of green tea and gym just after 8am if i’m not teaching an exercise class in the evening is my usual routine. I work early and late shifts so it really depends.
  • wryone4
    wryone4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off at 5:30, I drink water, and I meet a friend at the gym at 6:00. I do about 35 minutes of cardio and about 20 minutes of lifting. Then, back home to see the kids off to school. I have coffee and greek yogurt before my shower, then head to work. More coffee, then a hard boiled egg mid-morning. I used to be able to work out for 90 minutes in the AM but a move changed my routine. I need to find more time to fit more exercise into my routine!