To Mordor!

Options

Replies

• MedievalFreak
    Options
    I love you so much for this thread...this is so incredibly nerdy that if I were not female, or married, I'd totally propose to you right now.
  • Nharah
    Nharah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey all... I have been doing this walk for a while and use the markers and milage found on the Eowyn Challenge.
    http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html

I would love to share this trip with others. I am 73.6 miles into it and have finished Day 3, making it to Crickhollow.

Nharah
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! Only because we get told ALL THE TIME how much my husband looks like Dominic Monaghan :) I'm married to a hobbit! Or..."merried" to one, muahahahahahaha I crack myself up! But seriously! Do we have a timeline?
  • MrsFarrow
    Options
    Double posted for some reason, must be the squirrels in my lines
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I love you so much for this thread...this is so incredibly nerdy that if I were not female, or married, I'd totally propose to you right now.

+1
  • 11aking
    11aking Posts: 30
    Options
    I dunno, do you guys have a certain time frame that you're thinking of? :) I'd love y'alls input!
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Please, please, if you get a map, I'd love it! I'd even spring for the pedometer!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I have an idea. An idea that has been done several times before, I'm sure. But I don't care, because it sounds fun. I'm walking from The Shire to Mordor, just because it sounds cool :) and dude, it is like 1100 miles, 1560 if you go the way Frodo and Sam went. That's a pretty dang good workout, I'd say! I just wanted to let you guys know, so you can join me or make fun of me or whatever. Feel free to add me :D and join me in my journey if you'd like :)
    I love it! I'm in.

But I gotta say when I first read this I couldn't help but think of this video: Lord of Rings: How it should have ended: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqVD0swvWU
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hey all... I have been doing this walk for a while and use the markers and milage found on the Eowyn Challenge.
    http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html

I would love to share this trip with others. I am 73.6 miles into it and have finished Day 3, making it to Crickhollow.

Nharah

Look!!! A map!! http://home.insightbb.com/~eowyn2challenge/Location_Finder/location_finder.html
  • auroraofmusic
    Options
    This is an AWESOME IDEA!!! I need to do this!:smile:
  • auroraofmusic
    Options
    I have an idea. An idea that has been done several times before, I'm sure. But I don't care, because it sounds fun. I'm walking from The Shire to Mordor, just because it sounds cool :) and dude, it is like 1100 miles, 1560 if you go the way Frodo and Sam went. That's a pretty dang good workout, I'd say! I just wanted to let you guys know, so you can join me or make fun of me or whatever. Feel free to add me :D and join me in my journey if you'd like :)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I would love to accompany you on your journey. I will have to set up a ticker just for this journey. I will use June 1 as the date I started my journey.

May we not run into any Orks!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Ok after having watched the Two Towers and The Return of the King over the weekend
    this has me interested.
  • crystlgrn
    crystlgrn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Are we walking round trip or will the eagles be picking us up? I love LOTR!!! :)
  • MoreLikeAPanda
    Options
    I'm totally in. Maybe we could form some kind of fellowship . . . ? :tongue:
  • MrsFarrow
    Options
    I'll be doing kick boxing workouts when I see orcs, that's for sure!!
  • 11aking
    Options
    MoreLikeAPanda, I love the idea! How about you guys, would you dig a Fellowship? :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I *love* this idea and am totally envious I didn't think of it first. I walk A LOT so I'm in!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Should we start climbing, or at least do the stairmaster when we get to minas morgul?
  • 11aking
    Options
    Yes, stairs would do nicely for that! Annnnd, we have to defeat the orcs. And they are pretty much bad food choices and excuses not to exercise. Stay strong, you can beat them ;)