DITR Round4 Week4

Options
Can you believe we are in week 4 already?! The Challenge has flown by, and you have all done amazing! Congrats Diamonds on sticking with it!!

Just so you know the Diamond Challenge will be taking August 15-19 off so that the leaders can regroup and throw some ideas back and forth in time for Round 5 to begin. Registration for Round 5 will begin on August 12th ( I will post that link at a later date) and the Challenge will begin on Monday, August 22nd.

So now to the results!!

This week DITR lost a total amount of 31.6lbs!! Way to go Diamonds!!

This week the blue team rocked the challenge with a loss of 14.7lbs. Blue teams biggest loser was sistermooooon with a loss of 5lbs!! Way to go!!

Yellow team weighed in with a loss of 8.5lbs this week. Yellow teams biggest loser was hwilliams with a loss of 3.4lbs! Congratulations!!

Pink team finished up with a loss of 8.4lbs this week. Pink teams biggest loser was moonlight17 with a loss of 3.2lbs! Great job!!

Were we victorious AGAIN this week? You will have to wait on that info...I will have it to you shortly!

Congratulations on an AMAZING week ladies! Keep it up!!

Replies

• Mommyof3loves
    Options
    Woohoo!! Congrats ladies!! Can't wait for Round 5 will definitely be signing up for it.
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    It is Tameko's day for QOTD, but I wanted to ask all you Diamonds something!

If you could change or add one thing into the Diamond Challenge, what would it be?:flowerforyou:
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

If you could change or add one thing into the Diamond Challenge, what would it be?:flowerforyou:

Congrats to all the biggest loser. Awesome job Yellow team.

If I could changed anything I would go back to making it a 8 week challenge instead of a 4 week.
  • hwilliams519
    Options

Congrats to all the biggest loser. Awesome job Yellow team.

If I could changed anything I would go back to making it a 8 week challenge instead of a 4 week.

I agree that the challenge should be longer! And maybe pair up the newbies with a partner who has participated at least once before. That way it's not like the blind leading the blind.
  • CaptObvious
    Options

Maybe a weekly workout challenge?
  • Moonlight17
    Moonlight17 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ditto the above and have really committed people doing the challenge! Because a lot of people tend to disappear and I feel kinda alone :S
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    I think weekly workout/food challenges would be good, nothing major but just small things that will help keep us on track :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Live, from my place of employment (shh!) the 08/08 QOTD is:

What is your next mini goal or what mini-goal system do you have in place for yourself? how do you reward yourself for reaching minigoals? (A feeling of accomplishment counts).

If you DON'T have a minigoal yet.... now's a good time to set one and share it with us!

(I'll type up mine tonight)

As far as the challenges, I think a weekly workout challenge is a good idea, and also I'm not sure how we pick up recruits now but I think rather than just getting random volunteers off the forums we probably ALL have a few friends who might want to join that we could nominate for a spot. Like I have a smallish number of MFP friends and I could pretty easily tell you which ones are active every day and would be great in a challenge like this that requires a lot of participation vs which ones are NOT as active or have a tendency to disappear for a few days at a time.

I think 4 weeks is ok but adding a fitness challenge would give us another thing to 'weigh in' with, so to speak. We could also have a meta-challenge for the 4 week period with 3-4 measurements to compare inches lost after each 4 week period.

I think the 4 week schedule is ok - its not like we can't participate next time for another 4 weeks right? And the shorter schedule means you switch up teams and partners - you get to know more people that way because the groups get mixed around (presumably)? Its not like you and your current partner will STOP encouraging each other when the 4 weeks are over.
  • CaptObvious
    Options

What is your next mini goal or what mini-goal system do you have in place for yourself? how do you reward yourself for reaching minigoals? (A feeling of accomplishment counts).

I don't set mini goals with weight loss. For whatever reason, that just frustrates me. I do, however, set up mini goals with fitness. For running, my first goal was a mile, then 5K, then 10K, and now I'm working on a half marathon, with the final goal of a full marathon. A sense of accomplishment is my reward.
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yuhooo CONGRATSSS All of U who won :flowerforyou:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options

If you DON'T have a minigoal yet.... now's a good time to set one and share it with us!
    Honestly I don't have any minigoals. I am a day by day kinda person and just roll with the punches. I know where I want to be and how to get there. I just figure as long as I keep moving forward i'll get there eventually.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options

I think a little longer would be nice. I don't really feel like I got much of a chance to get to know people very well. I also agree with the mini challenge idea too, with some sort of workout or something.
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Mine tend to be the next article of clothing I want to fit into (or fit differently). I don't set specific dates, but try on that piece of clothing every couple of weeks (or when I think about it) to see what is different. of course then the reward is wearing it when it fits! A couple of recent items that did not fit a month ago were actually a little loose when I put them on! So of course that leads to a significant sense of accomplishment!
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Congrats ladies!! What a great week!!

As far as changes...I first want to say Lustris, you're doing a fabulous job and are made of 100% AWESOME!!!

1) I personally like the shorter 4 week challenge...but I plan on staying with it either way :-)
    2) I'm a Saturday am weigh-in kinda person and liked the lee-way we had in the Dolls - weigh in was by noon on Sunday
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    08/08 QOTD is:
    What is your next mini goal or what mini-goal system do you have in place for yourself? how do you reward yourself for reaching minigoals? (A feeling of accomplishment counts)

My next mini goal is to be UNDER 200...its sooooooooo close!! And I haven't seen it for over 10 years!! I've decided I'm going to go have a pedicure when I get there :-)

I keep my goals in 5 to 10lb increments - that tends to be pretty doable for me and not tooooo scary. My rewards are usually just the accomplishment of getting there...this time I just happen to REALLY need a pedicure and I'm making myself wait to help keep me on track...NO pretty toes till those last few lbs come off!! LOL
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    08/08 QOTD is:
    What is your next mini goal or what mini-goal system do you have in place for yourself? how do you reward yourself for reaching minigoals? (A feeling of accomplishment counts)

My mini goals are to lose 5-10lbs per month. Some times that works, others it doesn't. I just have to keep reminding myself that it took me a long to gain it all, so it will take a while to get it off.

Changes.....

I would say a longer challenge....8-12 wks. This way you can see more progress from people and maybe more "even" weight loss from everyone.

I like that idea of having the weigh in due by noon on Sunday.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I don't have any real concrete mini goals yet but there are certain things I am REALLY striving for - first one is for the backfat to be gone gone gone - this is hopefully achievable sooner for me than most since I don't carry a lot of weight on torso even when I'm overweight - I'm 183 now which is about 33 lbs overweight and its getting close to gone. Hopefully I don't STOP losing from my back for a long time - its something I really look forward to.

I have a rewards system based on keeping certain levels of commitment and interest. So for example - after I'd walked every day for 2 weeks for at least 45 minutes I decided it was ok to go out and buy new shoes to walk in (and I didn't own any at the time, I was walking in sandals).

After another week I went and bought myself a pair of running capris - partially through necessity as the pants I HAD been working out in were falling off and starting to chafe my thighs (jean capris, not that good for exercise anyway).

Then last night I finally purchased an HRM - I have had one in my amazon shopping cart forever and couldn't make myself jump on it because of the cost but I finally decided I am now pushing my workouts to a level where I don't feel comfortable with just the estimates. My training session on Sat must have been super intense because I was STARVING all weekend - but I have no idea how many calories I really needed to eat so I kind of just let myself pig out (I mean not totally but I might not have eaten a deficit those days).

The Minigoal I'm going to declare as part of today's question is 5+lbs/month. Even if its 5.1
  • Karmiene
    Karmiene Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think a little longer would be nice. I don't really feel like I got much of a chance to get to know people very well. I also agree with the mini challenge idea too, with some sort of workout or something.

I agree... I like a longer challenge although signing up for two four week blocks is easy enough too. I also like the mini challenge (especially related to exercise and fitness) but honestly I'm not a big fan of measurements. I don't measure my body and I'd probably find it vexing. And just to even more of a copy cat... I like Saturday weigh-in's too. I wasn't entirely thrilled by the percentage of weight loss deal but it may make the most sense. I feel like we're really competing against the other teams in DITR, not Little Diamonds.

Everything in this group works though and I'm joining round 5 either way. Lustris, you can take these things to the table but truth is you're doing a fantastic job managing all this. Whatever you decide will be great.
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options

My next minigoal is to be under 200lbs. From there I will then decide on the next ministe along my journey. I have decided that when I reach this goal I will get a massage or my eyelash extentions back (I had them before and I loved them!) I decided when I started this that all of my rewards would be pampering as I very rarely indulge.

Regarding the diamond challange, I only started in week 2, but I definately feels like its gone really fast and I would have been happy to keep going after the end of this week. I also love the idea of mini challenges!!
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    QOTTD 08/08 : Unfortunately my first mini goal is supposed to be achieved in 2 weeks, and im going on holiday next week, so i dont think ill reach it.... Trying not to get bummed out by it, as overall i still lost, but its kinda hard... if i had achieved it then the pure sense of acheviement would be enough.