Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @runtodayamyrun- -give it time. Check everything over. Make sure you are getting enough water, are low enough in the sodium etc. The body has to adjust. Did you change anything else this last week? For me I had to change a few things besides being AF since I was gaining slowly and not just maintaining my weight.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Then I started to lose.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    No scale victories for me this week and I was AF. Now I can see what some of you are saying, why be AF if it didn't tip the scale down. But I will admit that my pants fit me better around the belly this week. I'm hoping some of the liquor belly is starting to disappear at least. I'm going to go for an AF weekend, and workout both days.

Have you been working out more? If yes, it’s water weight. Try drinking a lot of water and see if it helps! I had the same thing in Jan. But then ended up dropping 4 pounds.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    I'm hosting my mom's birthday party tomorrow and serving champagne. I'm not going to be drinking it. I just saw a suggestion from Annie Grace that I'm going to try: Muddle 2 sprigs of fresh mint with the juice of half a fresh lime. Add ice and top with lime-flavored sparkling water. That sounds like a plan! I guess for sweets lovers you could add a little agave or simple syrup. Happy weekend, everyone!

That sounds like a no-jito- yum!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    ehseeker wrote: »
    Today makes 9 days AF. Feeling good and more in control of my food choices as well. Sleeping better and waking more rested.

Great Job! I have 5 days under my belt and am feeling the same... certainly gives me that boost to continue on this path.
  • AlainaKayy
    AlainaKayy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Today makes 4 days AF in a row and 6 total for the month. Last night I went to b-dubs with my S/O, now let me tell you b-dubs has the BEST beer :D but I opted for a strawberry lemonade instead. It was delicious too, not too sour and not too sweet, just what I needed. I really wanted a beer, but I went there for the fried pickles, not the beer lol.

Regarding the looks people give when you say no alcohol, all my friends assume I'm pregnant if I don't drink on an outing so I am dreading that one.
  • runtodayamyrun
    runtodayamyrun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @SanDiegofitmom @salleewins

Have you been working out more? If yes, it’s water weight. Try drinking a lot of water and see if it helps! I had the same thing in Jan. But then ended up dropping 4 pounds.[/quote]

Yes, I've changed my diet for more protein intake. I am drinking water, but maybe not as much as last week. And yes I'm working out more days then not. Thanks for the suggestions from both of you!!!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Here is a funny story, actually it’s not that funny but I am in a better mood today so I was able to laugh it off.
    Was talking with a coworker who is also trying to get healthier and drink less, and we were talking about how tough it is working in the alcohol industry and trying to live this way. She has a beer to sample - I don’t mind trying a 1 oz sample just to see how new products taste. But after I tried a small pour she poured me a full cup and said “i’m off the wagon today, and I’m bringing you down with me”
    I just laughed at her and told her to give it to someone else. Haha

That's probably something I would do. LOL! We are both going down in the ship together!! Proud of you though for having the will power to give it to someone else!!
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has heard of Abraham Hicks. It's like The Secret. What we say or think manifests itself. Happy Friday/Saturday !
    npj50xlts3ly.jpg

Love Abraham
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So I am sitting here in Abita Brewery after the tour, at the bar and I ordered a beer. I had a few sips and gave it to my husband. I tried their sodas and about went into a diabetic shock. I am not missing it. It’s just blah and gross. I can’t believe I stopped my 54 day streak for this. And do you know... I feel a headache starting. After less than 2 oz of beer!! Not worth it! I am really wanting my sparkling water now.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    It's been just over a week since my last alcohol drink. Last night i was poured a vodka but able stay focused strong and told them i didn't want it. Said, "i don't mind a drink but without the alcohol". The biggest victory was, there wasn't the emotional fight i normally would have to battle.

You did great!! You know it's going good when you dont have that internal struggle.