The Mojo Thread

Options
PrincessTinyheart
PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
edited February 2018 in Chit-Chat
Everyone talks about how confidence is sexy... But how do you get that? Do you just tell people you're sexy and act like you are until everyone just takes it for granted that it's true and starts agreeing with you? How and where do YOU get your confidence and mojo?

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I get mine from feeling good about myself, I don't tell anyone that's how I feel or that I am sexy/confident. If you have to tell people that you are sexy or confident then you are you trying to convince yourself more than them.

I also find confidence in stepping outside of my comfort zone and trying new things. Pushing myself to do something I would have never thought I would be doing. Even if I don't do the best at it, it boosts my confidence knowing that I tried.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I don't tell people anything for starters, what they see is what they get. Getting older has done many things to me, one I don't care what anyone thinks and two I have had a long road to get where I am today, so going back is not an option, so I guess this is what I live by everyday.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Fake it until you make it.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

and this too.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

and this too.

See, this is where I struggle. If I knew how to fake confidence then it wouldn't be an issue. I probably wouldn't even be aware of the fact that I lack confidence.

It's a weird deal.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Screw all dat. Just put 10% of your money in yer 401(k) for da win.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

and this too.

See, this is where I struggle. If I knew how to fake confidence then it wouldn't be an issue. I probably wouldn't even be aware of the fact that I lack confidence.

It's a weird deal.

Think about someone you think is confident. Mimick them.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited February 2018
    Options

and this too.

It's a weird deal.

I was kinda joking when I quoted that. But sometimes like today, I am kinda faking it cause I don't feel good today (under the weather).

Seriously, its has taken me many years, acceptance of yourself, your flaws, all the good and bad, is when things start to fall into place. Confidence radiates when we don't try. Be 100% your self, people see your confidence and there are things about you that inspire others, you just have to trust that.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I like to hang out in the baby formula section at Walmart for a good 20-30 min. I always leave feeling like I got a fighting chance in this world. :)
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    The pretending you're someone else thing works for me.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

and this too.

It's a weird deal.

I was kinda joking when I quoted that. But sometimes like today, I am kinda faking it cause I don't feel good today (under the weather).

Seriously, its has taken me many years, acceptance of yourself, your flaws, all the good and bad, is when things start to fall into place. Confidence radiates when we don't try. Be 100% your self, people see your confidence and there are things about you that inspire others, you just have to trust that.

Fake it till you make it actually worked for me for public speaking. I just tell myself to pretend to be someone people should be listening to and they do. I have had people ask me how I dont get nervous, but I do, really nervous. Guess I just hide it well.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I get it from a good pair of shoes and a winged eye
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

and this too.

It's a weird deal.

Fake it till you make it actually worked for me for public speaking. I just tell myself to pretend to be someone people should be listening to and they do. I have had people ask me how I dont get nervous, but I do, really nervous. Guess I just hide it well.

If I ever have to speak in public you can go as me! :smile:
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I'm not confident about anything, my mind changes constantly. I almost always feel awkward and I'm scared a lot.

I am becoming more comfortable in my lack of confidence (I see it as being objective, open to variables and neutral), awkwardness and ok with being how I am. I've stopped trying to become what I'm not (confident, outgoing, skilled, whatever) just makes me feel bad about myself to think about it.

The fake it 'till you make it doesn't work for me, I feel like a liar and it stresses me to lie.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm not confident about anything, my mind changes constantly. I almost always feel awkward and I'm scared a lot.

I am becoming more comfortable in my lack of confidence (I see it as being objective, open to variables and neutral), awkwardness and ok with being how I am. I've stopped trying to become what I'm not (confident, outgoing, skilled, whatever) just makes me feel bad about myself to think about it.

The fake it 'till you make it doesn't work for me, I feel like a liar and it stresses me to lie.

Although it's sad to hear that another person feels this way too, it's at least a little comforting to know I'm not the only one. I wish that wasn't the case... I like to believe that I'm the only one out there and nobody else goes through this.

It doesn't help when you have low self esteem and everyone around you acts like they are beautiful and sexy and amazing and you are expected to act the same way because you're a woman and are being constantly force fed the idea that confidence is sexy and you should OWN IT, but you don't know how because you don't have IT...

Well, at least we have running flirtatious jokes about making pancakes and having a good credit score to fall back on
  • Bushw12
    Bushw12 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Princess
    I don’t agree...I find somebody that’s not full of confidence but can smile and have time to chat, as sexy as someone who is over confident.
    Be yourself it’s good
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Just be who you are.. some of us are more confident than others, its all part of our individual uniqueness.. Ive never thought about where my confidence came from, it's always just been there.
  • BW__NOT
    BW__NOT Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Confidence is trust...belief....faith..I think we all have that to some degree.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what confidence means to you. Me? I have complete confidence that I suck at many things, being a good person specifically. So now a days aka 'recently' I'm just trying to have little bits of confidence, little bits at a time that I'm probably ok at being a person, at best have confidence that I can become a better person.

Sure, I don't want to feel like my *kitten* looks huge when I leave the house or that I'm dueling with a big zit, but anymore my innerds are more important than my otterds.