Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed a drop in appetite & cravings since going AF or cutting back? Nice bonus for me!

At first, yes. Now at 44 days, I'm starving all the time. :(
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Omnimous69 wrote: »
    I've been dry since I starting using Myfitnesspal about 1 month ago. I only miss it when I watch The Winnipeg Jets play. Stay strong folks.

I feel ya there! We would drink beer every time the Red WIngs played...and hockey is always on! Congrats on your AF days. That is awesome!

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 Great job of your progress!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    It's been just over a week since my last alcohol drink. Last night i was poured a vodka but able stay focused strong and told them i didn't want it. Said, "i don't mind a drink but without the alcohol". The biggest victory was, there wasn't the emotional fight i normally would have to battle.

Great job! What a clever way to say it that you'd like a drink but without alcohol. You are strong!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Here is a funny story, actually it’s not that funny but I am in a better mood today so I was able to laugh it off.
    Was talking with a coworker who is also trying to get healthier and drink less, and we were talking about how tough it is working in the alcohol industry and trying to live this way. She has a beer to sample - I don’t mind trying a 1 oz sample just to see how new products taste. But after I tried a small pour she poured me a full cup and said “i’m off the wagon today, and I’m bringing you down with me”
    I just laughed at her and told her to give it to someone else. Haha

Good one, Erik! She tried humor, but you were too strong for her! Xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    "Weekends are made for Michelob." Or maybe not.

I'm planning a dry one. Wishing strong resolve to all!

Aren't you near two months AF? You are doing awesome!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Good morning (maybe it is still evening to some, depending where you are in the world)
    I am go to venture off the trail a little and vent about the lack of nutritional information on menus when you go out. Now unless you know where you are going to dine and can pull up a menu ahead of time to view, if they offer a nutritional break down, your screwed.
    I was filling out my food diary and seriously almost had a stroke by seeing the calorie content for a menu item I had for dinner out last night. 1180 CALORIES without the side that came with it or the beverage. That is nearly my entire days worth of calories all at one meal.

UGH....UGH.....UGH.

I was at Macaroni Grill and was going to get Eggplant Parmesan , my favorite meal, and saw it was 1300 calories. I immediately chose something else. I think at some places they have calories on menus; that really makes you think about your choices.
    Oh well, I bet it was delicious! Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Hi Friends! I hope everyone is well!
    Here's the question: Does alcohol make you fat?
    This is the answer: Yes!
    We all know that. I've seen many of us comment on weight gain as we drank more and more over the years.
    Short 2.5 minute video on this.
    https://youtu.be/Mk7ep_eWqr0