Suits

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well this thread got strange....

It's all in good fun, just teasing each other..

Back to suits ....

v1yrkvwbg0r3.png
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I was more wondering if someone was going to explain what peacock panties are?

You have to answer to leut_underpants about straying from suits, not me :) He seems to be pretty lenient though, I have not gotten yelled at yet
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

You have to answer to leut_underpants about straying from suits, not me :) He seems to be pretty lenient though, I have not gotten yelled at yet

Ahhh I see.. I missed the " , "
    You're one fine peacock, panties. Panties as in leut_panties :laugh:
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Yeah...I'm so not going to venture a definition here. :laugh:

I do know what a peacock is in the fashion sense. I'm can comfortably say I'm not that, while still knowing what I'm doing.

Well the definition of a peacock here is a fine dresser .. it was a compliment.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    6r6m775ul6oy.jpg
    8trql0t5kkh5.jpgdufnzjij28f2.jpg

Daddy daughter dance for this year is tonight. She's 13.

Jacket is a silk and wool blend from Suit Supply. The tie is a bit more than I usually wear, but the theme is Spring in Hollywood, so I figured it would be okay. :)

How on earth is she 13?! Insanity.

I want to know what the "Is it Wed?" note is about. What happens at 9?!

Plus :love:
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

I do know what a peacock is in the fashion sense. I'm can comfortably say I'm not that, while still knowing what I'm doing.

@slimgirljo15

You've got the watered down version. True fashion peacocks are those (derisively) referred to as "Pitti Peacocks" (Pitti being a reference to Pitti Uomo trade conference/street style runway opportunity).

A fine skewering of peacocks via a mockumentary:

:laugh: that's hilarious.. I had no idea.

I guess Australian peacock and american are two different animals then.

• ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    orangegato wrote: »
    @leut_underpants Question regarding brown shoes: goes w/ brown, black and navy pants/suits? Anything it does not go well with or should be avoided?

Doesn't go well with black suits. Brown and black are a combo that rarely works.

Brown will work with almost every other color, though. As basics go, brown shoes are the best bet. I'm really about that color pallette of grays, blues, and browns across clothing. They almost never clash.

Your picture from the night of the dance looks like black pants and brown shoes.
    ETA - ah, I see you replied saying they were a dark navy. thanks

No problem. Even the brown shoes are much lighter than they photograph. They're more walnut/tan than brown. I am doing this with the front camera of a cell phone, so nuanced quality can lack.

Save the back camera for dem noodz. ;)

You have nude color suits?

Yeah.. let's go with nude suits .. cause *shudder*

:laugh:

Staaaaahppp

thinking about me :rage:

:laugh: but it's so hard.. you're so adorable

:sick:

:sad:

34w3krrkjw4y.jpg

Now I can't stop singing this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t80UDdbV3Mk
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,471 Member
    Options
    6r6m775ul6oy.jpg
    8trql0t5kkh5.jpgdufnzjij28f2.jpg

Daddy daughter dance for this year is tonight. She's 13.

Jacket is a silk and wool blend from Suit Supply. The tie is a bit more than I usually wear, but the theme is Spring in Hollywood, so I figured it would be okay. :)

Awwww...late as ever but she is beautiful! :smiley:
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Better late than never... I am in love with this thread.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I would like a superhero still on the table please... Is there an order form somewhere?
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    Thought I'd just throw these threads into this thread! :wink:

ncalqgnjmwt8.jpg

4j6ogt2gf2at.jpg

0hcobpwo8i99.jpg

Rude bwoy ;)
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.... I'm checking every box on the order form....
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

ncalqgnjmwt8.jpg

4j6ogt2gf2at.jpg

0hcobpwo8i99.jpg

<3:* handsome, sweet and classy ..
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

ncalqgnjmwt8.jpg

4j6ogt2gf2at.jpg

0hcobpwo8i99.jpg

Well done sir, well done.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    karsei01 wrote: »
    nordjy8zdha9.jpg
    By demand...

You look amazing .. I love the colour of your tie too..as seen in your pp ..
    And thank you for posting :*
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Made me go check the colour of the tie! Luv it!
    Thank you to all MFP guys who own suits (and wear them even though there isn't a funeral or wedding). Renews my faith in North American huMANity again. Europeans seem to dress up more and make the effort to look hot. But them I'm Italian and rather partial, lol.

@slimgirljo15

You've got the watered down version. True fashion peacocks are those (derisively) referred to as "Pitti Peacocks" (Pitti being a reference to Pitti Uomo trade conference/street style runway opportunity).

UGH! The ugly manbun combined with big beards.
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    ^^^ Made me go check the colour of the tie! Luv it!
    Thank you to all MFP guys who own suits (and wear them even though there isn't a funeral or wedding). Renews my faith in North American huMANity again. Europeans seem to dress up more and make the effort to look hot. But them I'm Italian and rather partial, lol.

@slimgirljo15

UGH! The ugly manbun combined with big beards.