March 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited March 2018
    So this is where we were supposed to be running today! Note the top of the second trash can (completely under water except for just the top) and the geese!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    So this is where we were supposed to be running today! Note the top of the second trash can (completely under water except for just the top) and the geese!

Should have brought an inflatable raft for that race I guess! :lol:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2018
    @rheddmobile I don't know that car fish jump. But I know garr do, and they are big fish. Sounds exciting!

Maybe a carp? They jump?
  • PastorVincent
    03/01/18 - Rest
    03/02/18 - 8 miles @ 8:51
    03/03/18 - 9 miles @ 9:29

Big Hairy Audacious Goal: Sub 4 hours in Pittsburgh 2018!

Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

03/17/18 - Shamrock Shuffle Half Marathon + 5k + 1mile
    04/07/18 - Achilles 9.3 Challange (10k and 5k back to back)
    05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.
    05/12/18 - Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Ultra (I must hate myself)

2020 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

Just 9 easy miles today.
  • PastorVincent
    hjeppley wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I missed the whole conversation about the Star Trek watch face! My son is so jealous because it won't work on his Forerunner 15. I think I am going to have to download it for my Fenix 3 though!

Ha! Poor kid, but at least you got it to show him :lol:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @rheddmobile I don't know that ca(t) fish jump. But I know garr do, and they are big fish. Sounds exciting!

Maybe a carp? They jump?

Nope. Plyometrics are too risky for an old fart like me.

Oh c'mon. I heard you were a spry ol' fish :relaxed:
  • hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    hjeppley wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I missed the whole conversation about the Star Trek watch face! My son is so jealous because it won't work on his Forerunner 15. I think I am going to have to download it for my Fenix 3 though!

Ha! Poor kid, but at least you got it to show him :lol:

Boo. It isn't compatible with the Fenix 3 either! :(
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    So my plan is to run tomorrow right after work. If I go home, I become a couch potato...and noooooo exercise.

I only ran 4 miles the other day, but my quads are sore, as if I had done heavy weight leg presses. It's crazy how deconditioned one can get.

Also I am going to get serious with sticking to my calorie goals. I always use "work" as an excuse. Food at work or eating food to stay awake....I am only 8 pounds away from my goal, and this summer....going to be much closer to goal.

For those in the path of the Noreaster, stay safe!

Have a great weekend!
  • ereck44
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    03/01/18 :::: 2.6 :::: 2.6
    03/02/18 :::: 0.0 :::: 2.6
    03/03/18 :::: 5.0 :::: 7.6

Yesterday I took a rest day, and it was much needed. I felt very sore from working out with my new personal trainer. Today I really didn't want to do my long run but forced myself out of the house to at least get something done. I cut it a bit shorter than usual because I wanted to go to a yoga workshop. So, between running, yoga, and another dog walk I'm feeling pretty exhausted right now and ready to spend the rest of the day as one with the couch.

We got a couple of feet of wet, heavy snow yesterday. Wasn't really happy about it, but it's certainly beautiful. These pictures are from my walk with the dog, although I ran in the same park - but on the plowed roads.
    bqo3zr8dyuw4.png

Truly beautiful!

Impressed that you got a run in ( and yoga) after a hard lifting workout! Did you find that you were less sore?
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited March 2018
    So I did some online shoe shopping today. I found some sites that still carried the v6, but none of them had my size (10.5). Booooo.

Not sure what to do next. I figure I'd look for a different brand of shoe with the same drop (8mm). The v8 is now out, so I could try that and see if it works. Or I could go completely different and try the Brooks Levitate. Has anyone used this brand? I'm curious if they'd work for me and not give me the IT band-related hip pain I had with the v7s.

One plus of the v8s and the Levitate is that they both come in black. (You can't tell this by my profile pic, but I pretty much wear nothing but black and gray LOL.)
  • ereck44

Yikes! That is a serious flood! By the way, I loved it that you took the opportunity to run anyway. Kudos!