March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,747 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Also I ordered batteries on Amazon for my HRM. For whatever reason they are taking forever to get here (seems they are coming by slow truck from Kentucky). I don't understand why they wouldn't have just slipped them in an envelope and mailed them.

We received a notice at work that our mailroom will no longer ship packages containing lithium batteries even if they are in a device such as an iPad, computer, phone, etc. The explanation was:

"Lithium batteries are considered Dangerous Goods in transportation and require special packaging, labeling, marking and training for those who prepare them for shipment. Lithium batteries present an increasing hazard in transportation, especially when shipped by plane. Thus, shipping regulations are more stringent, carriers are more diligent in inspections and fines are increasing for violations, especially when lithium batteries are not declared in the package. "
  • JillEReilly89
    JillEReilly89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow you aren't kidding about moving fast here!

Rest day today for me. Maybe a little yoga later.

Yesterday I got a good treadmill workout in before work (still too dark/cold for me to go outside that early!). I have been using the Aaptiv app and really liking it so far! Does anyone else use this and have tried their outdoor runs yet? Or maybe another app you guys like with good workouts?

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hrm... they are calling for 80 MPH winds today. Wonder if I can use my jacket as a sail and nail a killer PR :lol:

I’m postponing my run due to the winds... but it’s supposed to be windy until Sunday! I’m going to have to suck it up at some point.
  • abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 I made the mistake of having a big giant glass of water 15 minutes before going out yesterday.

...the cold wasn't the only reason I had negative splits. Glad I wasn't quite as bundled up as Calvin!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    3/1-10 miles

Miles: 10/150
    Yoga/stretch: 0/12
    Strength/P90X3: 0:6

@PastorVincent - We had those winds yesterday. Well, no 80 mph, but sustained winds of 20-30 mph and gusts up to 50. It was kind of brutal. And it was raining...again. Of course, I ran out with a tail wind and had to endure the headwind on my 5 mile trek back. This weather is getting old. I will take freezing cold and snow over rain and wind any day.

Today is a cross-training day. Of course the sun is shining brightly. I am planning to hit the gym after work for some strength training and maybe a swim, but it sure is pretty outside. Maybe my legs don't need the rest...
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Hey cool... you know, for the life of me I can not remember what the 4.8 is on your display. The 9348 is steps, but what is the 4.8? heh.

@KatieJane83 and @PastorVincent A little late but the download site shows it as Battery %
    vz2tl9z2xjrt.jpg

Thanks! but we were not talking about the battery %. I was referring to the one thing on that image that is NOT labeled. :) Which is 1.5 in that image. But we figured it out it is the STEPS converted to MILES. :)

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Hey cool... you know, for the life of me I can not remember what the 4.8 is on your display. The 9348 is steps, but what is the 4.8? heh.

@KatieJane83 and @PastorVincent A little late but the download site shows it as Battery %
    vz2tl9z2xjrt.jpg

Thanks! but we were not talking about the battery %. I was referring to the one thing on that image that is NOT labeled. :) Which is 1.5 in that image. But we figured it out it is the STEPS converted to MILES. :)

I think thats miles.

(totally didnt finish reading your comment before replying, oops, lol)
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    March goal: Run END-SURE well, stay healthy and enter the final stages of Zumbro training
    Nominal mileage goal: Let's say 140? I really don't know. Real plan is to follow training and coach's advice well.
    3/1- REST
    3/2- 4.3

Total:

Today's notes: 4.3 trail miles in 45 minutes. Snow was nice and compact, making for pretty fast running for me on trail. There's a 8, 25 and 50k nordic ski race at my normal running grounds tomorrow, so I'll have to switch up how/when I do my 3 hour run.

2018 races
    3/24- END-SURE 50k
    4/13- Zumbro Endurance Race 100 Mile
    7/28- Minnesota Voyageur 50
    9/8- Superior Trail 50 mile
    10/20- Wild Duluth 50k
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Also I ordered batteries on Amazon for my HRM. For whatever reason they are taking forever to get here (seems they are coming by slow truck from Kentucky). I don't understand why they wouldn't have just slipped them in an envelope and mailed them.

We received a notice at work that our mailroom will no longer ship packages containing lithium batteries even if they are in a device such as an iPad, computer, phone, etc. The explanation was:

"Lithium batteries are considered Dangerous Goods in transportation and require special packaging, labeling, marking and training for those who prepare them for shipment. Lithium batteries present an increasing hazard in transportation, especially when shipped by plane. Thus, shipping regulations are more stringent, carriers are more diligent in inspections and fines are increasing for violations, especially when lithium batteries are not declared in the package. "
    Thanks @Teresa502 - I knew about the issues on planes with phones but never correlated it to the small little batteries like for the HRM. Good news though - they arrived this morning in time for my run! Oh and in a large box with the lithium battery alert, etc. on the side!

My new laces arrived too, each in a separate large package - seems like the packaging costs as much as the items but you gotta love Amazon!

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »

Thanks @Teresa502 - I knew about the issues on planes with phones but never correlated it to the small little batteries like for the HRM. Good news though - they arrived this morning in time for my run! Oh and in a large box with the lithium battery alert, etc. on the side!

My new laces arrived too, each in a separate large package - seems like the packaging costs as much as the items but you gotta love Amazon!

Actually, amazon has a plan with the box sizes and stuff. They optimize space in their vehicles, which saves money. Or something like that. I read an article a few weeks ago about it because I was always like why do I get this huge box for a little thing?
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent my husband and I went to Red Robin for lunch today. I thought of your fondness for the place as I was scarfing down the yummy fries :smile: