March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    hjeppley wrote: »
    hjeppley wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I missed the whole conversation about the Star Trek watch face! My son is so jealous because it won't work on his Forerunner 15. I think I am going to have to download it for my Fenix 3 though!

Ha! Poor kid, but at least you got it to show him :lol:

Boo. It isn't compatible with the Fenix 3 either! :(

From what I can tell by skimming the forums The only reason it is on the Fenix 5 is cause someone wrote to him and asked for it. Maybe you can do the same with the Fenix 3?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    So I did some online shoe shopping today. I found some sites that still carried the v6, but none of them had my size (10.5). Booooo.

Not sure what to do next. I figure I'd look for a different brand of shoe with the same drop (8mm). The v8 is now out, so I could try that and see if it works. Or I could go completely different and try the Brooks Levitate. Has anyone used this brand? I'm curious if they'd work for me and not give me the IT band-related hip pain I had with the v7s.

One plus of the v8s and the Levitate is that they both come in black. (You can't tell this by my profile pic, but I pretty much wear nothing but black and gray LOL.)

My wife has Brooks... I think Ghost, but they are pink! :lol: She not a black and grey person. She likes them a lot.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Welcome @ajbrewer76!
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @JillEReilly89 I hadn't heard about Aaptiv before. Looks interesting. Although I already have "Zombies run" for running, and use Fitnessblender (website, not app) for other workouts, so I don't really need anything else.

@kat_ontherun What do you use on your phone for tracking your runs? And have you checked that you don't have any power saving options switched on? I did that by accident once or twice, if my phone is in "energy saving mode", Strava only records the track while I have the app open and display switched on, otherwise the GPS is turned off.

@RespectTheKitty Sounds like you had a perfect run. Awesome! :+1:
    I never tried any of the shoes you are talking about, so I have no advice, but I hope for you you'll find nice shoes to replace your v6.

@kaspan 30min without waking is brilliant, great job!!

@katharmonic Looks like we have similar weather ❄❄

@rheddmobile That is a LOT of water! Looks like you could go swimming rather than running :mrgreen: The jumping fish sounds cool, whatever it was. I'm glad you had a nice run despite the cancelled race.

@hjeppley Great 10k, congratulations to both you and your son!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @HRKinchen ! Fabulous race! Love the medal and pics!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic and @_nikkiwolf_ love the snow pictures!
    @MobyCarp I love seeing you get those miles again.
    @ajbrewer76 welcome!
    @hjeppley great races for you and your son!
    @HRKinchen congrats on the run! NOLA sounds like a good place for a destination run.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @HRKinchen Well done! Yay!
  • HRKinchen
    HRKinchen Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @HRKinchen congrats on the run! NOLA sounds like a good place for a destination run.

Absolutely!
    And thank you.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    3/1-2.5 miles
    3/2-3.5 miles and P90X3 CVX
    3/3-6.25 miles

12.25/65 miles

Upcoming races:
    May 12- Montana Women's run 5 miles
    July 17-Missoula Marathon
    September 16- Montana half Marathon
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Did what should have been a 10K today, but cocked in at 9.53. Did it in 1:01:55. About on par for my pace at this point.

Do I get to count cross country skiing in my totals :) Going tomorrow.

Sounds like running to me!