• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Holy cwap, I miss s days, and 237 posts are added ... wowzers
    March 01 - 5 miles - Slow TM run, followed with Interval, Core & Biceps
    March 02 - Eye surgery
    March 03 - 1.3 miles - Just some post-surgery Interval & Core
    March 04 - Rest
    March 05 - 3.3 miles - 1st Post-surgery Sloth-run, followed with Interval & Chest

exercise.png

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent – Did you see that Pittsburgh extended the cut-off time for the marathon? I know you were concerned that your wife had not had a lot of training opportunity.

Yes, I did! It is huge now! It is a good thing too because she should have been at a 12:30 or so pace by now but with how far behind she is, it could be more like a 13:30 pace, which put her awful close to the original 14min cut off.

Are you running it then?
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Glad you're feeling better!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Consensus this morning is that my ankle is fine but the opposite knee is really badly bruised. I think it's just bruised. I hope it's just bruised...

@juliet3455 Yesterday's was in Rundle Park, so way NE of many of the other parks! I made sure not to get the Gold bar WW Plant in my shot... Occasionally the wind shifted and I got a bit of a noseful! Last year I had a race that started in Kinsman, through Emily Murphy Park and pretty much all the way around Hawrelak Park, then came back via Emily Murphy Park Road and Saskatchewan Drive. That was a nice one although the hill was killer. I was actually faster during that run despite adding an extra 1.2km by missing a turnaround than I was yesterday.
  • JulieS3103
    JulieS3103 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @theshaleco I did the Rugged Maniac a few years ago with my friends and my daughter. It was on a ski hill course so we went up and down the mountain as we did the obstacles. It was tough but we had a lot of fun!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 here I am. I have been fighting to get passed whatever it was that made me sick. I'm still coughing but finally the daily sick to the stomach feeling is gone (it was like 3 weeks). My friend is a doctor and swears I had pneumonia which was going around here and one of the girls I work with had it the week before and came to work every day thank you very much. I was running one day a week with my running club and could barely make 2 miles. Hopefully I'm over the hump now since I have a HM in less than a month ugh.

Goal this month 100 miles

3/1 - 0
    3/2 - 0
    3/3 - 0
    3/4 - 0
    3/5 - 5 miles

5 of 100 miles

exercise.png

5 slow miles, but it was good to get past 2 miles and not be laying on the couch coughing.

YAY! Glad you are getting better. Hope the cough goes away soon too!
  • Teresa502
    Options
    @PastorVincent – Did you see that Pittsburgh extended the cut-off time for the marathon? I know you were concerned that your wife had not had a lot of training opportunity.

Yes, I did! It is huge now! It is a good thing too because she should have been at a 12:30 or so pace by now but with how far behind she is, it could be more like a 13:30 pace, which put her awful close to the original 14min cut off.

Are you running it then?

I'm only doing the half! After the Detroit marathon in November, I've sworn off fulls for a while!
  • Teresa502
    Options
    March Training:
    03.01.18 - Run 5 m.
    03.02.18 - Run 3.1.
    03.04.18 - Little Rock Marathon.

Upcoming Events:
    4.07.18 - Yakima River Marathon
    5.06.18 - Flying Pig Marathon

March Goal:
    More Dedicated.

We need a race report! Hope things went well!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Are you running it then?

I'm only doing the half! After the Detroit marathon in November, I've sworn off fulls for a while!

Awwww... but a full is just like a half, just do it twice! :lol:

Did you run it last year? If not, you are in for a treat. The new route has the 1/2 pretty darn flat. WAY falt on Pittsburg scale at least.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Glad you're feeling better!

Thanks @TattooedDolphinGirl78 and @Teresa502