March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Did you run it last year? If not, you are in for a treat. The new route has the 1/2 pretty darn flat. WAY falt on Pittsburg scale at least.

Yes, I ran the half last year. Loved the expo and visiting the 'burgh!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Did you run it last year? If not, you are in for a treat. The new route has the 1/2 pretty darn flat. WAY falt on Pittsburg scale at least.

Yes, I ran the half last year. Loved the expo and visiting the 'burgh!

My wife and I only live like 30 mins from the race start, but we will be staying overnight this year before the race. Got a room with a few hundred feet fo the start/finish area. :)

Was just too much "fun" dealing with getting there before all the roads close and etc last year. :)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    kaspan wrote: »
    3/1: 2.53
    3/2: Rest
    3/3: 2.78
    3/4: Rest
    3/5: 3.1
    Total: 8.41/25

3.1 miles is my best distance yet. I had to slow to a brisk walk twice going up hills, but only for a minute so I'm still calling it a win!

3.1 miles is 5k, congratulations!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    kaspan wrote: »
    3/1: 2.53
    3/2: Rest
    3/3: 2.78
    3/4: Rest
    3/5: 3.1
    Total: 8.41/25

3.1 miles is my best distance yet. I had to slow to a brisk walk twice going up hills, but only for a minute so I'm still calling it a win!

W00T!! Well done!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    3/1-2.5 miles
    3/2-3.5 miles + P90X3 CVX
    3/3-6.25 miles
    3/4-3 miles + P90X3 agility X

15.25/65 miles

Upcoming races:
    May 12- Montana Women's run 5 miles
    July 17-Missoula Marathon
    September 16- Montana half Marathon

I love the Agility X! I haven't done it in a while because we re-arranged our basement and I have been too lazy to put the tape on the floor...lol!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    3/1 = rest day
    3/2 = 2 slow miles with the dog
    3/3 = rest day
    3/4 = 13 miles
    3/5 = 2 miles - Attempt # 2 at trying to "run" with my dog.

March Goal Miles = 150 / 17 Miles Completed
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @karllundy glad to see you're on the mend!

My ITB started niggling at just 4 miles, but it never really developed into pain until the last mile. Perhaps that had something to do with the beer I stopped for. I never bring cash with me when I run, but something compelled me to bring cash yesterday. At mile 15 I was running by an indoor soccer & golf center which has a cheesy little bar and that's when I had my "Aha moment". I paused my Garmin, went in and ordered a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. It was divine! I did get a few strange looks while I was there. Not sure if it was the UD hydration vest or the fact that I was the only one in shorts. Or may be it was my stunning good looks...hard to say.

I was pretty happy with the way the run went, but I am feeling some pain today. Hopefully being up and walking around today will help.

March Total - 31 miles

"The most interesting man on Earth", kinda looks? With a beer like that? Mm hmmm.

Hope the IT band behaves ITself.

@karllundy Good to see you back!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Anyone recommend a chreapish chest strap HR monitor? My fitbit charge was pretty accurate reading my HR during runs, but now I have the charge 2, and it is way off during runs, It reads my heart rate about 102-106 when Its really around 155. I would like to know what its really at while im running, so Im thinking ill just get a chest strap for runs, but dont want to spend much.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    3/1-2.5 miles
    3/2-3.5 miles + P90X3 CVX
    3/3-6.25 miles
    3/4-3 miles + P90X3 agility X

15.25/65 miles

Upcoming races:
    May 12- Montana Women's run 5 miles
    July 17-Missoula Marathon
    September 16- Montana half Marathon

I love the Agility X! I haven't done it in a while because we re-arranged our basement and I have been too lazy to put the tape on the floor...lol!

I didnt use tape this time, just imagined it, lol
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Anyone recommend a chreapish chest strap HR monitor? My fitbit charge was pretty accurate reading my HR during runs, but now I have the charge 2, and it is way off during runs, It reads my heart rate about 102-106 when Its really around 155. I would like to know what its really at while im running, so Im thinking ill just get a chest strap for runs, but dont want to spend much.

I don't know of a cheap one. Can you contact the manufacturer and ask for advise? Is the one you are using a chest strap? Is it wet? Is it positioned and snug? Garmin suggested I toy with the positioning of mine.

Good luck with it. I hope someone has more to offer.