40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    Was changing clothes at lunchtime to spend some time on the bike trainer in the basement, but then noticed my husband getting the puppy ready for a long walk in the sun. Hmm. Basement bike or sunny puppy? Walkies wins! There was much chasing of sticks and flapping of furry ears.

There's nothing like little puppy wiggly butts whining for a walk to encourage getting off the couch.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    a nice 95 min snowshoe yesterday followed by 10 minutes fending off a crazy barking, growling dog that kept coming after me. :angry:
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options
    Last day of deload week, did my 17 minutes on the elliptical then some circuit strength for a quick ST session. Next week back to the regularly scheduled programming, but this week was definitely needed.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Last day of CG Interval Week plus a 3-mile easy recovery run. I'm breaking in new workout shoes today. Not bad. I'm pretty happy with how my feet and legs feel after just one workout.

Hopefully next week I'll also be breaking in new running shoes.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 1"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Build: Back & Bis”= Done!
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    5mjw1l9kht0x.jpeg
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So not a straight line
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good day kids. Allen so sorry to read about your daughter. MD often has dui issues. I was hit by one years ago and his selfish action cost me an ambulance ride and a 3 day hospital stay. I have NO SYMPATHY OR TOLERANCE for IMPAIRED DRIVING. I know this is hard for you to see your daughter injured. I know you will fight for her. Sorry for my absence, my puppy monopolizes my time and it's making me more active. I love seeing him chase sticks, running for a frisbee to only sit down and chew it. I am back to lifting heavy. Friday I pushed 290 pounds on the sled and then pulled it with a rope. I am really starting to feel like myself again. Have a great day kids. Off to the woods with my baby boy.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders”=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start & Resistance 2"=Done!
  • BrenMathers
    BrenMathers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I’m 48 and working on a healthy lifestyle and it isn’t easy I struggle as I have family members that like the idea of healthy but don’t put the words into action. So I’m all alone in this. Which makes it twice as hard.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    New week! New goals!

Am going to get in 5 x workouts this week. And, I am choosing to cut starchy-carbs out for the entire week. Veggies and protein - that's gotta be where it is at for this week.

BOOM!
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    Deload week over, back to the "normal" workouts this week. Really glad I planned that week in there though, body and mind needed the break. Crazy couple weeks coming up here as next Thursday after work I'm headed off to the first race weekend of the year - and have a lot I need to do between now and then, but bike is still at the shop finishing up the transmission recall :(
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    I’m 48 and working on a healthy lifestyle and it isn’t easy I struggle as I have family members that like the idea of healthy but don’t put the words into action. So I’m all alone in this. Which makes it twice as hard.

I feel for you! Add in lazy friends and it's a challenge to stay motivated! This is a great place to find motivation, but also start finding a few people who are in a similar journey. It really helps.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Deload week over, back to the "normal" workouts this week. Really glad I planned that week in there though, body and mind needed the break. Crazy couple weeks coming up here as next Thursday after work I'm headed off to the first race weekend of the year - and have a lot I need to do between now and then, but bike is still at the shop finishing up the transmission recall :(

Ok, I'm finally asking. What is deload week?
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    First day of CG Peak Week. Whew! Some serious suicides today, but I know I needed them.
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »

Ok, I'm finally asking. What is deload week?

Just a lighter week of workouts - my training plan is 4 weeks of intense workouts (500-800 calorie burn/day), 5 days a week. On week five I do similar workouts, but for about half the time which means a few things for me: a) Less intense which gives my body some extra recovery b) means I can sleep in a bit more more, so a slight loosening in my schedule.

Different people will handle it differently, plenty of folks who probably don't want or need them. I still lift the same weights, but do fewer moves and more of a full body routine; do a longer steady state cardio instead of a muscle endurance day; one day I chose to do some steady state and a shorter HIIT routine instead.

Gives me the mental break of "I have to do this for this long" and physically just being less time it's a break that way, too.

I also chose to not track my calories that week (I'm pretty familiar with what things are by this point) - doesn't mean I went crazy on the food LOL, just didn't track and weigh everything.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options

Heard that. Constantly finding snack foods and cookies in the house. I've learned to bring my own substitutes. It's a good test of will power also. But it does make it more difficult.