Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Catherine! ( @cjbrummet ) I have one coming up the end of next week ... This past week saw a lot of birthdays both from my pals here on MFP and also in my family. Actually, you know ... pizza is a very well balanced and nutritious food ... well, the pepperoni on it makes it high fat ... but I swear, as far as my blood sugar balance goes ... a leftover slice of pizza for breakfast was always the best thing to have. Too bad i cannot just eat 1 slice at a time though. B)

Thanks Holly ( @mnwalkingqueen ) Consistency is one of the hardest things for me to master. I did pretty well last week, but my batting average is dismal!

Monday Check-In ... well, my weight is up slightly this morning from out start on March 1st ... but I am working hard to keep my calories in check and my activity level a bit more robust. Lately I have noticed that, while the scale is moving ever so slowly and still bounces about that my physical body is slowly shrinking in. This morning, when I was doing my back and leg/feet stretches and isometrics I noticed more definition in the muscles. The other day, I actually was able to sit up from a laying on my back position in bed ... now that's something I have not been able to do in generations! (bad back, weak stomach muscles, poor core muscles) .... So all those squats and planks I do must be starting to work their magic~
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Katrina
    Height: 5’ 8”
    Highest Weight: 305
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 282? (On a trip away from scale currently- can I confirm once home @canyonGeek ?)
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 266

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost:

Hi all, checking in from Florida (currently driving to Legoland :smiley: ) We have been gone for 8 days so far and are flying home tomorrow. It's been a very hard and bittersweet trip. I've done very well with eating, though. I think going home and saying goodbye for probably the last time is going to be the hardest part of this trip by far and THAT will be when I'm tempted to eat my emotions, especially when I'm greeted with the cold, snow and grey skies.

Sorry I'm late getting my challenge info to you @canyonGeek
  • glassgirlw2018
    glassgirlw2018 Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: Amanda
    Height: 5’ 4”
    Highest Weight: 300
    Start Weight (Mar 5, 2018): 300 (I think, will need to verify at the gym this evening!)
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 285

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09:
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost:

Hi all! Today is my first day, so I’m a super newbie!
  • glassgirlw2018
    glassgirlw2018 Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    ^^ can’t figure out how to update the above — so editing my current weight & goals!

Height: 5’ 6”
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (Mar 5, 2018): 308
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 295

• buffalo02
    buffalo02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would love to be part of this supportive group. I have some big goals set for myself so some motivation and help would be amazing!
  • KSJR78
    KSJR78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @cjbrummet Wishing you a belated happy birthday! Calories on your birthday don't count. :smile:

Welcome to all the new people to this thread. You will find a lot of motivation here and never any judgement.

@glassgirlw2018 The way I update the challenge stats is that I create a document with the original blank info (copied and pasted from whoever starts the challenge stats to a document) and save it. Then as each week goes by, I go to that file, update the numbers, save it, and then copy and paste it into here. It's pretty easy and fast.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    ^^ can’t figure out how to update the above — so editing my current weight & goals!

Height: 5’ 6”
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (Mar 5, 2018): 308
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 295

Just to let you know ... @glassgirlw2018 ... you can edit a post only within the first hour after posting it. Then it becomes locked. You did the right thing by simply making another post and referencing the one you could not change (because the edit clock had run out).
  • Nikion901
    edited March 2018
    Options
    amberkins wrote: »
    Monday check in! I've been plateaued at 275lbs for about a week and a half. It's been super discouraging and slowed my motivation. I weighed this morning and had gone from 275 to 272!!!!! It was amazing to see a change in the scale and I'm so glad I continued to eat well and exercise. Plus, I keep forgetting I started at 286 in mid January. I've lost 14lbs!!!

I have my pre op appointment for gastric bypass on Thursday which I'm nervous and excited for. I've been working toward this for over a year, and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

PS please no judgement on the bypass.

I believe there are support groups on MFP for bypass patients. There are a couple of posters on here who have had the procedure in the past ... and are still ongoing in their pursuit of reaching their goal weight. A couple of others have dropped out because they are getting more and better support from the new groups they have joined.

Sorry ... I don't know the name of the groups but you can search for groups.

I 'm not suggesting that you not post here, but just wanted to let you know that we are not, for the most part, people who go that route so won't be able to lend much support beyond eating less and moving more. PS .. in reference to losing weight, I mean.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    buffalo02 wrote: »
    Hi. I would love to be part of this supportive group. I have some big goals set for myself so some motivation and help would be amazing!

Hello @buffalo02 ... the way to be part of this thread is simply to post to it. We are an open thread, and the intention for us is to help one another lose weight. As the name suggests, we have all, at one time or now, have needed to lose 100 pounds.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Monday check in! I've been plateaued at 275lbs for about a week and a half. It's been super discouraging and slowed my motivation. I weighed this morning and had gone from 275 to 272!!!!! It was amazing to see a change in the scale and I'm so glad I continued to eat well and exercise. Plus, I keep forgetting I started at 286 in mid January. I've lost 14lbs!!!

I have my pre op appointment for gastric bypass on Thursday which I'm nervous and excited for. I've been working toward this for over a year, and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Pssshh judgement? I'm never going to judge another person's medical decisions...it is simply not my business! Getting to and maintaining goal weight is our commonality. A longer, better-lived life is the real goal, and what you decide with your doctor is simply not anyone else's business. Congratulations on the 14 pounds :)
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

I have these plateaus alot and they discourage me also. So happy for your loss and just remember it’s a marathon not a sprint
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)
    I wish I had the imagination that was mine when I was 9.5 years old.
    One of the groups I am a member of has this challenge this week ... one I am not participating in ... that has asked us to think of games we played when we were the age our current shoe size is. Well, I couldn't think of a single thing I played back then that I could even remotely try to duplicate today. That's because when I was 9 1/2 years old my games were mostly played outdoors, not in. They were all about running, jumping, climbing, throwing, tossing, tussling, pushing, pulling, walking, skipping. About the only game I played that didn't involve some sort of action and physical exertion was cloud watching and day dreaming.

But even then my imagination worked best with some movement added in ... the best ways I had to look up at the sky was to sit on a swing, get it swinging back and forth as hard and fast as I could, then stretch my arms as I leaned back into a near laying back posture and look up at the sky as I let the swing go back and forth, altering my view with each second as it slowly came to a rest.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

@amberkins ,

I'm not sure if you've found any yet since you're new to MyFitnessPal (MFP) but there is a very active MFP Support Group for all stages of bariatric surgery (lapband, bypass & VSG) at the following link (if I got at least one of the links below correctly posted).

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Think Spring! Challenge

Name: BarneyRubbleMD
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest Weight: 317 lbs (1/3/2017)
    Start Weight (Mar 01, 2018): 211.8
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 203.8 (i.e. lose 1 lb/week)

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 07: 211.2 lbs (on vacation March 1-6, stayed on diet & walked & didn't binge).
    Mar 14:
    Mar 21:
    Mar 28:
    Apr 04:
    Apr 11:
    Apr 18:
    Apr 25:

Weight -/+ this week: - 0.6 lbs.
    Weight -/+ this challenge: - 0.6 lbs.
    Total weight lost (since 1/3/2017): 105.8 lbs.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Gosh @KATRENAJ ... it sound really high-anxiety and high-stress for you right now ... not exactly the kind of situation that leads to being concerned or interested in yourself and your 'diet'. Hugs to you.

My sis is very sick right now, so I can relate to the sleeplessness part of being worried. Not that we can do anything but be on standby to lend support and a helping hand as we can ... but still, we need to 'take care of ourselves' because what would our loved ones do if they needed us and we couldn't be there for them because of our own wellness issues? Best wishes to you
  • thollan89
    thollan89 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm New to MFP. Actually new to online discussions. I'm not prehistoric just hard to talk to people I don't know. I've tried over the tears to lose weight. haha typo I met over the years but have never been able to do so. So here I am trying again but trying some support. My Wednesday wish is that I had more energy