What real life thing made you smile today?

Options

Replies

• Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Smilin40 wrote: »
    tamlou89 wrote: »
    Getting a 2nd job interview for next week

Is it round 2 for same job or just another separate opportunity?

A separate job

What line of work are you in?

Ohhh bacons an undercover fed all these questions what job?where you from?what were you doing on the evening of March second.no comment bacon no comment.

HA, I can offer perspective.

*says the smiling guy who asked where I work and if I'm hiring :D

*kitten* so I did touche my friend touché
  • Smilin40
    Options
    Homemade vegan lentil bowl - brought into to work for me by a coworker. With homemade tahini. Delicious! I'm one lucky girl right now
    m32obdc3bo2n.jpeg

It looks like some kind of food like substance.
  • Smilin40
    Options
    Getting a 2nd job interview for next week

Is it round 2 for same job or just another separate opportunity?

A separate job

What line of work are you in?

I have been working in customer service for 10 years, this will be a career change working with children with disabilities and mental health conditions.

Hey me too I teach art and sensory play to autistic children also help the 17 to 19 kids transition from school to adult life.
  • Lift_More
    Lift_More Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That annoying guy at the gym hitting himself in the head with an unloaded barbell. Apparently those clips are heavier than they look. :D
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    My lunch avocado was almost perfect.
    2nd day in a row this happened. Best week of my life!
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    My lunch avocado was almost perfect.
    2nd day in a row this happened. Best week of my life!

https://www.eater.com/2018/2/12/17005224/avocaderia-shark-tank-investment

Just saying.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    The free movies on the flight home today.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Being sent home early because of the storm
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It was yesterday. My kid adulted. She did her taxes for the first time.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    One of our regular members always calls me ‘sweetie’. Makes me smile every time, and I just helped him a little bit ago. :)
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    Making my girlfriend, who has been feeling down lately, feel better.

How did you make her feel better?

We just went to dinner and talked about all the important stuff.
    She's really close with her mom, is generally a very empathic person, and her mom was just diagnosed with cancer. She and I are both triggered by our space being messy so tomorrow I'm going over to help her clean.

Her guy is out of town through next week so I might kidnap her for a night or two, too, since she's having trouble sleeping. She just called and woke me up. Crying. Thought she'd get my voicemail. She never lets her walls down. Everyone thinks she's teflon.

That's good. I have a travelling spouse and it sucks...gets real hard. I'm sorry about her mom. Good job being there for your friend. It'll get real bad, and she'll lose. Not easy to deal with. That's when you need your friends the most. Cheers.
    Making my girlfriend, who has been feeling down lately, feel better.

How did you make her feel better?

We just went to dinner and talked about all the important stuff.
    She's really close with her mom, is generally a very empathic person, and her mom was just diagnosed with cancer. She and I are both triggered by our space being messy so tomorrow I'm going over to help her clean.

Her guy is out of town through next week so I might kidnap her for a night or two, too, since she's having trouble sleeping. She just called and woke me up. Crying. Thought she'd get my voicemail. She never lets her walls down. Everyone thinks she's teflon.

That's good. I have a travelling spouse and it sucks...gets real hard. I'm sorry about her mom. Good job being there for your friend. It'll get real bad, and she'll lose. Not easy to deal with. That's when you need your friends the most. Cheers.

I appreciate the empathy, feedback, and sharing. Thank you. She has a complicated family situation and she’s very guarded. I’ll keep reaching out.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    This elvis costello story5b21vpb8eswp.png
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    We replaced the sliding glass doors on our house last year. I guess I should have realized, but the new, fancy, energy efficient windows suck for getting plants started. But, 4 weeks of playing around and I figured out a system that works! Found some seedlings poking out this morning :)