Halo Top now in Canada

Options
Birder165
Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
For those Canadians out there that haven't yet heard, Halo Top is now in select stores in Canada.
It's available here in Windsor, ON at Metro stores and is selling for $5.99 for a pint until tomorrow and then it'll be $6.99.
It sold out pretty fast at the store closest to me but I found some at a store across town. A new shipment was supposed to arrive tonight according to the dairy manager.

I tried the sea salt caramel & the pancakes and waffles flavours so far. I would definitely buy the sea salt caramel again but not the pancakes & waffles. That one had an aftertaste of sweetener that I didn't like.

Replies

• KaitlynPeri
    KaitlynPeri Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OMG I need this now!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Awesome! The next time I leave town and go somewhere bigger I will be on the lookout!
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Some definitely have more potent aftertaste than others. Oatmeal cookie is right up there in my favorite flavors, but I realllly wanna try the new Blueberry Crumble. /drool

If you sign up on their site, you can get a $1 off coupon in your email.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I checked a few days ago and there is apparently nowhere within 100 miles of either Calgary or Edmonton that sells it yet. Guess I'll be waiting a bit longer to see if it takes off elsewhere first!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    I checked a few days ago and there is apparently nowhere within 100 miles of either Calgary or Edmonton that sells it yet. Guess I'll be waiting a bit longer to see if it takes off elsewhere first!

I know! Why couldn't they start with the west and then go east ?...always the way it goes!
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    AH it's in little sault ste. marie. WHAT SHOULD I TRY FIRST lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Candy Bar is my new favourite flavour, it's snickers like.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

The store locator says that it’s in Calgary and Edmonton (all of the stores are Superstores, I believe), and that the stores only have 4 flavours. Peanut Butter Swirl, Sea Salt Caramel, Pancakes & Waffles, and Oatmeal Cookie. I also read that it’s in the natural foods section, and not the ice cream section. My closest Superstore doesn’t have it listed on their website, so I don’t know if they actually have any yet.

I checked Vancouver Island as well because I’m in Nanaimo a lot, and there’s a store in Parksville that supposidly has 22 flavours. Don’t know how accurate the Halo Top website info is, though, since we weren’t supposed to even get that many flavours up here. Who knows what’s actually going on.

Might check in at Superstore later and see if there’s any there.

Edit: That store in Parksville must have been a mistake because it’s not showing up anymore.
  • Birder165
    Options
    Correction to the title of this thread.

Halo Top now in Toronto.

Nope. It's here in little ol' Windsor, Ontario, too.
  • Birder165
    Options
    Candy Bar is my new favourite flavour, it's snickers like.

Mmmmm ... sounds good! I bought some but I haven't tried it yet.
  • Birder165
    Options
    whosshe wrote: »
    AH it's in little sault ste. marie. WHAT SHOULD I TRY FIRST lol

Sea Salt Caramel! Oatmeal Cookie! I tried the Pancakes & Waffles but to me, it had a really strong aftertaste of sweetener ... almost bitter tasting. I even like the Chocolate so far and the Birthday Cake is good but I'm not sure it would be a favourite.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just checked and they are selling it in Halifax! What should I try first???
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Correction to the title of this thread.

Halo Top now in Toronto.

also in london
  • Birder165
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    Some definitely have more potent aftertaste than others. Oatmeal cookie is right up there in my favorite flavors, but I realllly wanna try the new Blueberry Crumble. /drool

If you sign up on their site, you can get a $1 off coupon in your email.

We won't be getting the Blueberry Crumble up here in Canada. At least not yet. :/
  • Birder165
    Options
    OMG I need this now!

I understand! I didn't see the flyer for Metro until the day before yesterday and when I went to the closest store, they were already sold out.
  • Birder165
    Options

You would think that large cities like Calgary and Edmonton would be markets where they'd release things first. I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with the Canadian market when it comes to releasing products here. Do you guys have Metro stores there?
  • crabbybrianna
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »

You would think that large cities like Calgary and Edmonton would be markets where they'd release things first. I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with the Canadian market when it comes to releasing products here. Do you guys have Metro stores there?

No Metros in Alberta. According to the Halo Top website, the only Alberta stores that have it are Superstores.
  • crabbybrianna
    Options
    So, just got back from Superstore in Calgary. No Halo Top. :disappointed:
  • Birder165
    Options
    susanmc31 wrote: »
    Just checked and they are selling it in Halifax! What should I try first???

I really like the Sea Salt Caramel and the Oatmeal Cookie so far. I also just had a spoonful of the Candy Bar flavour and that's good too.