• inkedrapture
    inkedrapture Posts: 26 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My hips were 40 originally, I grew them out to 45 with these exercises. Have to go heavy with progressive overload though.

Can I ask why? I'm working on going the other direction. Genetically, I can't go too small, but the smaller my hips/butt are the better!

I prefer a thicker look. I’m kinda tall (5’6) and me having no hips makes me look lanky. But that’s my own personal opinion on myself.

:lol::grin: I'm kinda short (5'6") and prefer the slim look which would make running and cycling a bit easier ... but bones are bones ...

Yeah I used to feel that way, and my hips were even smaller than 40 at that time. All I did was cardio and was a size 0 lol. I wouldn’t wanna look like that now, but to each their own ☺️

It's all about perspective ... and personal goals. :)

Yup. I can't even fathom wanting to grow my hips 5 inches, but to each their own!

May we each celebrate our own best bodies - and other women's self-defined best as well, even if different!

At 5'5", and a healthy weight for me (120s), my hips are 34" (even though I'm decently muscular for a li'l ol' lady . . . or comparatively, for a similarly-built li'l young one, IME, actually, if you don't mind me being a little self-satisfied).

I will not grow a beautiful 45" booty on my specific body in any known universe, without excess fat. I could probably grow a couple-three inches, tops. And I might not be even able to do that at max effort, at age 62. Don't care.

I like me. I don't question anyone with materially wider pelvic bones celebrating herself at a healthy-weight, strong 45".

Go, you! You. 45", 32", runner-narrow, ancient-goddess thick, anything between or beyond, as long as compatible with healthy and functionally strong: Go get it.

Edited: Typos.

Depends on genetics mostly
    Edited: read whole post
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Ever since I developed hips during puberty, I have had hip dips ... especially when I'm lighter ... but it wasn't until about 6 months ago, here on MFP, that I discovered that there's somehow something wrong with them.

Big ol' rolleyes!!

They're genetic ... embrace them! That's how you are and there's nothing wrong with them.

I had to google them to find out what they are. Never ceases to amaze me how some people go out of their way to think up ways to criticize their own or other peoples bodies meanwhile there are real problems in the world....