The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    gexking wrote: »
    Hi ancients! I certainly felt ancient yesterday (before collapsing into bed at 8:30pm). We had a fitness challenge at karate - the adults were in the age category 19 years and up. There were 4 of us women and two of them were younguns (19 - 22). The challenge was doing as many reps of the exercise (there were 5 different types) in 1 minute. I nearly died!!! But! Big butt! I won two of the five categories and came second in the other three. I showed them young whippper snappers!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZHwVBirqD2s?rel=0&quot; frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/ZHwVBirqD2s

That I am!!
  • karhamersma
    karhamersma Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Great idea for a group! I’m 41 and struggling again! Seems like with each year the metabolism slows more and more!
  • erh12275
    erh12275 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I have come back to mfp after being gone for 6 years. Unfortunately I gained back all but 2 pounds of what I lost last time(course it took 6 years so guess that is a plus). Anyway, feel free to add me. I am 43 and looking to have some friends to push me through this journey.
  • rdupuy1142
    rdupuy1142 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cyclist. 48. Cycling 18 months now. I am sending out friend requests, but even better if you add me. I may be here 1 or 2 months. Will drop off as racing season gets underway, but until then I am pretty good about checking in with my friends.... add if wanted, anyone on any journey, thanks
  • sharonsharbear
    sharonsharbear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Omg am I now middle aged? So dreadful :) I just turned 45 and I have to admit it hurt a little. You never think you’ll be 45 when you’re in your 20’s.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 years old. No serious weight problems, though I am looking to lose 10 pesky lbs. I'm mostly into strength training though I have run in my share of 5Ks. My name is Jason. Feel free to add me.
  • thynes1313
    thynes1313 Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Recommitting but with small steps so hopefully they stick. Reality hit as my 46th birthday approaches... FAST LOL!
  • Tara_1216
    Tara_1216 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m 38 and trying to get my health in order. Feel free to add me!
  • daisyf717
    daisyf717 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I’m 41 and trying to get stronger and eat right, which is hard with toddlers.
  • SuzieC2003
    SuzieC2003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    37 here, always looking for active, fun and motivational friends. Feel free to add me :)
  • Margee1965
    Margee1965 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi new too all this welcome too add me am margaret from Newcastle do gym most days like classes etc spin aerobics fatburn combat bums tums ....never done the gym in my life but mates got me too go love it been going about two month now but had too have few weeks off due to high b/p but back at it today need loss few more stone and tone up be nice too make some friends see how every one else is getting on !
  • risner75
    risner75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and have totally changed the way I eat. I have lost 20 pounds in a month but seem to be stuck. Feel free to add me as well.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hello Middle Agers, had a nice long weekend with my Grandson and today has been a nightmare at work :s:s Sorry I have not posted in awhile, Happy to see some new faces!!!! Let's make this week ROCK!!!
  • CharlesS75
    CharlesS75 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just turned 43 decided to kick my ads and not go to seed one a potato!
  • CharlesS75
    Options
    That's kick my *kitten*
  • CharlesS75
    Options
    What? That's kick my *kitten*
  • CharlesS75
    Options
    Oh you can't say *kitten*
  • CharlesS75
    Options
    Omg
  • KayMarie832
    KayMarie832 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - Recently turned 37, mother of 2 college freshmen, and just trying to take back control of my fitness and be disciplined. The biggest issue I have at the moment is not eating enough calories, which I also believe isn't helping my weight loss goal. Open to any meal prep suggestions that will help me reach the minimum 1200 HEALTHY calorie per day intake. Thanks and all the best with everyone's fitness journey. :)
  • xxerniexx
    xxerniexx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    someone had coffee late in the day! haha :D