Lost 172lbs in 13 months!

Options
Dustin0525
Dustin0525 Posts: 40 Member
edited March 2018 in Success Stories
After getting out of the military 9 years ago I gained weight from the “cube life” I called it! I hit a high of almost 400lbs and my knees started going out on me. So I decided to change my lifestyle not diet! I stuck to a 1500 calorie a day calorie plan using the myfitnesspal app and an Apple Watch to see my calories burned. On January 3rd 2017 I started the 1500 calorie a day plan. I did the calorie restriction for 2 months before I started with any physical exercise. After the first 2 months I started lifting weights for an hour a day and walking for 20 minutes on the treadmill. Because I always had a big frame I went with heavy weightlifting even with my calorie deficit. This way I could minimize loose skin. I gradually increased my cardio to running on days my knees could take it, but 6 days a week I would lift and and do some form of cardio. I weigh about 220 right now and feel great. Today actually marks my 1 year anniversary of going to the gym. 37 Year’s old and in the best shape of my life. Below are some before and after pictures.

Replies

• Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Well done, man. T-shirt looks good on you, btw!
  • Lusanda38
    Lusanda38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Did you stick to 1500 calories throughout your journey? How did you split your protein/carb/fat on those calories?
  • keilee0408
    keilee0408 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look amazing!!!
  • AGGriffin135
    AGGriffin135 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow truly inspiring!!
  • JudyCoventry3
    JudyCoventry3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You look great
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for my morning cup of inspiration!!! What an incredible transformation!!!
  • LW3380
    LW3380 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Well Done @Dustin0525 an amazing transformation and the best encouragement for the rest of us in our journey
  • sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great job I'm in a similar situation lost over 100 and still going just started more of a heavy weight lifting and loving how strong I am now and that I have some definition in my arms.
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring! Your hard work paid off in a major way! Great job!!
  • BobPulaski
    BobPulaski Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look Thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You did great!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Wow, great accomplishment. A great testament to a simple CICO strategy. Doing this before you hit the dreaded 40 is good planning on your part, better to hit that hill in shape than not. I'm as impressed with your muscle build as the weight loss. Bravo!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Holy fook! Way to go!
  • Brooklyn_Beast
    Brooklyn_Beast Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Feel free to add me!
  • louielou3
    louielou3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!! Post like this keep me going
  • charms3155
    charms3155 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great things can happen when sticking to your plan. Awesome job!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! B)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Wow, flipping between the pics in the 2 dress shirts is amazing. Fantastic job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!