Suits

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited March 2018
    @leut_underpants..Love the colour of the light grey wool suit in the first link, thats the colour I imagined on him.
    The second link is perfect, tbh I'd thought black shoe but really like the brown with that suit.

I had figured on about $1200 for everything. We may just squeak it in, a couple of suits I've seen were between $750 to $800.
    He is my son though and in typical smartarse fashion suggested he go in shorts and thongs and pocket the change :laugh:
    Sad thing is he's only half joking :neutral:

• slimgirljo15
    I like the first one and shipping is free over $100.
    $398us dollars is approx $505au dollars.
    So the things you listed would cost roughly $600au.. so there's $1100 au.
    I understand about what you mean though by doing it right, but not throwing money away either.
    Thanks for the tips.

• slimgirljo15
    edited March 2018
    I like the first one and shipping is free over $100.
    $398us dollars is approx $505au dollars.
    So the things you listed would cost roughly $600au.. so there's $1100 au.
    I understand about what you mean though by doing it right, but not throwing money away either.
    Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, au dollars there's no way to do it at $800. Good luck, post some pictures after you get him sorted out. :flowerforyou:

Will do.. Im so nervous I'll pay for all this and he'll not go. In which case I'll be sending him to work in it :laugh:
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    @leut_underpants..Love the colour of the light grey wool suit in the first link, thats the colour I imagined on him.
    The second link is perfect, tbh I'd thought black shoe but really like the brown with that suit.

I had figured on about $1200 for everything. We may just squeak it in, a couple of suits I've seen were between $750 to $800.
    He is my son though and in typical smartarse fashion suggested he go in shorts and thongs and pocket the change :laugh:
    Sad thing is he's only half joking :neutral:

-snip-

https://www.spierandmackay.com/guabello-light-gray-solid-slim-fit.html
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/light-heather-gray-contemporary-fit.html

I love both these jackets, but I don't like what the mfr pairs with them. They would look really great with a shirt and tie that are less high-contrast, IMO. But the colors are so neutral you could pair them with almost anything. Also, a thinner tie. That tie is too fat, don't you think?
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Can i just post my profile pic ? :D
  • MistressPi
    0goetr1ykthk.jpeg

Oh, I LIKE this... a lot. That's a beautiful combination. Does that shirt have a silky texture? I love the contrast; the nubbly texture of the tie, the print on the handkerchief... makes me want to get a closer look, or even touch the fabrics...

• 0goetr1ykthk.jpeg

Very well put together
  • MistressPi
    I’m donating a suit that was grandfather's to Goodwill. I kept it because I thought it did fit me at one point, but really, it never fit WELL - the arms are too long, the shoulders are way wide, and now it needs some spots rewoven due to moth damage. I’m kinda sad to say goodbye; it’s a nice, neutral gray, really well constructed, and it reminds me of grandpa. I hope someone can make good use of it. I have a couple more suits of his that I kept because their colors were very good for me (turquoise - don’t laugh), but I doubt they fit well now.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    MistressPi wrote: »
    I’m donating a suit that was grandfather's to Goodwill. I kept it because I thought it did fit me at one point, but really, it never fit WELL - the arms are too long, the shoulders are way wide, and now it needs some spots rewoven due to moth damage. I’m kinda sad to say goodbye; it’s a nice, neutral gray, really well constructed, and it reminds me of grandpa. I hope someone can make good use of it. I have a couple more suits of his that I kept because their colors were very good for me (turquoise - don’t laugh), but I doubt they fit well now.

That is great you are donating, but it is something you could make a pillow or cut squares out of and have a quilt made? That way you would still have it to remind you of your grandpa. It would be hard to give up something of my grandpa's.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    MistressPi wrote: »

Moth damage is a super huge bummer. It's the equivalent of "troll....in the dungeon!" when I see one in the closet.

I've lost a few Merino wool sweaters this past winter from them. My suits are bagged, but sweaters aren't, and if I go too long between wears they get found and chewed on. Lost a great pair of wool slacks, too - those were actually acquired at a Goodwill.

Totally understand the sentiment behind the grandfather suit, I'd feel the same.

Dilute cedar oil (cheap on amazon) with water in a spray bottle and spritz your closet or drawers every couple months. Keeps moths out.

Can confirm. Keeping some cedar wood/blocks in the closet works well too, just give it a light sanding 2-3 times a year.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Less moth talk, more suit walk :rage:

But they are pretty awesome tips...
  • MistressPi
    edited March 2018

What about a woman in a suit? I really like these.... I'm considering buying one or two for my wardrobe...

sfl0iaocgie4.jpg
    5i2u7bgbjbzi.jpg

...and thank YOU for posting some women in suits.

I love the red one - flared legs and all. That suit is versatile and would get a lot of wear in my outfits. It's simple and elegant, conservative enough to be used for business meetings, plain enough to be accessorized any number of ways, and easily paired separately with other jackets, pants, dresses or skirts.

The first one will be dated before you know it. It's basically leggings with a unique jacket. I don't know what the suit costs, but I'm betting you could find an equally interesting jacket for much less than the cost of a suit, and find cheaper leggings to pair (you might even already own some).
  • MistressPi
    mr0z3pn7phi3.jpg

Love this combo. Really looks sharp.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,708 MFP Moderator
    This is interesting. Wouldn't flatter me in the least, but it is eye-catching.

3186-Lisa-Rene-by-Donna-Vinci-Womens-Church-Suit-S12.jpg
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    This is interesting. Wouldn't flatter me in the least, but it is eye-catching.

3186-Lisa-Rene-by-Donna-Vinci-Womens-Church-Suit-S12.jpg

That skirt could give someome a seizure. :worried: