Addicted to Diet Pepsi

Options

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Kandisn29 wrote: »
    Although most on here would disagree with me, I agree with you, 2 liters of chemicals a day can’t be a healthy lifestyle choice. It might not hurt from a CICO perspective, but there certainly are health risks. One thing that helped me quit sodas was the little flavor packets for bottled water. There is so much variety, every flavor, and they use every kind of sweetener. I like the stevia lemonade ones. I also like the la Croix, cherry lime is my favorite. God bless!

Which flavor packets?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    ...but there certainly are health risks.

Such as?

Honestly the only reason people think diet soda is a health risk is because there are a lot of people on the internet making vague assertions in forum posts and blog articles and since people see lots of assertions they just assume there is some sort of truth to it. Posts like this just add to that misinformation and I'm getting tired of it. There is no evidence that diet soda presents any sort of health risk. If you are going to claim that it does cause health problems you should back that claim up with at least something.

Diet soda is a big fat nothing, it doesn't help your health, it doesn't hurt your health...yet people obsess over it. It is irrational.

https://youtu.be/Dod6bUZYz4w
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    omg I love diet coke and diet pepso
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

Such as?

Honestly the only reason people think diet soda is a health risk is because there are a lot of people on the internet making vague assertions in forum posts and blog articles and since people see lots of assertions they just assume there is some sort of truth to it. Posts like this just add to that misinformation and I'm getting tired of it. There is no evidence that diet soda presents any sort of health risk. If you are going to claim that it does cause health problems you should back that claim up with at least something.

Diet soda is a big fat nothing, it doesn't help your health, it doesn't hurt your health...yet people obsess over it. It is irrational.

I started watching this bracing myself for some b.s. but actually this guy seems to know what he is talking about....better than most of what is out there that is for sure. That said I can't say that youtube videos, forum posts and bloggers are your best sources of information.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    From the stroke, I had apparently weird, healthy tastes. I cannot taste diet cola and thinking something's wrong with it, my perchant for hamburger and no fries (I don't know where this is from) and veggies. Although I do have a zero-calorie option Cherry Coke Zero, the 20-oz. I drink once a day and this fulfills my daily feeling of paradise.

Caffeine can trigger all kinds of heart rate problems to miscarriages. I'd go see your doctor and have her check you out, and how many diet pepsis you drink.

https://uhs.umich.edu/caffeine
    People who take medications for depression, anxiety or insomnia, high blood pressure, other heart problems, chronic stomach upset or kidney disease should limit caffeine until discussing the matter with a clinician. .. . Some studies show an association between high doses of caffeine and an increased rate of miscarriages, premature deliveries or low birth weights. However, complicating factors such as smoking and alcohol use were not accounted for in these studies. In high doses, caffeine can affect fetal breathing and heart rate.

If you are pregnant, or planning to become pregnant, consider your options (e.g. eliminating caffeine or limiting intake to 200-300 mg per day). Discuss these options with your clinician.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

Such as?

I started watching this bracing myself for some b.s. but actually this guy seems to know what he is talking about....better than most of what is out there that is for sure. That said I can't say that youtube videos, forum posts and bloggers are your best sources of information.

It's layne norton... hollowed be his name! Lol
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Although most on here would disagree with me, I agree with you, 2 liters of chemicals a day can’t be a healthy lifestyle choice. It might not hurt from a CICO perspective, but there certainly are health risks. One thing that helped me quit sodas was the little flavor packets for bottled water. There is so much variety, every flavor, and they use every kind of sweetener. I like the stevia lemonade ones. I also like the la Croix, cherry lime is my favorite. God bless!

Blessings to you too! So you mixed a small package of chemicals in a big amount of water and drank it. How do you know if that was more or less chemicals than what coke mixed in their big 2L bottle of pre-mixed flavoured water they shipped to the store? And what exactly makes the chemicals in La Croix and/or the various flavor packets, healthier? #just_curious

(And my appologies MFPeops since I responded without realizing the issue had already been explored!)

I have a feeling your question will be only rhetorical. Lol