Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Starbucks released two new drinks: The Ultra Caramel Frappuccino (420 calories for a grande) and the Triple Mocha Frappuccino (400 calories for a grande).

Normally I don't get excited over new frappuccino flavors.... but four words caught my attention: Cold Brew Whipped Cream.

"The Sweet Cold Brew Whipped Cream combines actual cold-brew coffee (not some sort of artificial powder version) and both dark caramel and white chocolate mocha sauces into one whipped topping."

*drools*

jo8brj8fygpc.png

Worth all 420 calories !

I tried the Ultra Caramel Frappuccino today. It was okay, but a little too sweet. I didn't find it to be much different than the regular Caramel Frappuccino. I think if I got a larger size than the tall, I would've wound up being sick. I also got it made with almond milk. I can't handle regular milk, so it might be better made that way.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Melissa: Regarding the Marshmallow PB...I lucked out that week and haven't seen it since! I think my Shop Rite was stocking up for their $2.88 a pint sale, so literally ALL the flavors were there. I should've picked up the donut and s'mores while I had a chance :( I hope you find it! And just be aware that the jam swirls in the Strawberry Cheesecake are very, very sweet!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Melissa: Regarding the Marshmallow PB...I lucked out that week and haven't seen it since! I think my Shop Rite was stocking up for their $2.88 a pint sale, so literally ALL the flavors were there. I should've picked up the donut and s'mores while I had a chance :( I hope you find it! And just be aware that the jam swirls in the Strawberry Cheesecake are very, very sweet!

I will keep looking. Donut and smores are the other two I've been trying hard to find! Shoprite owns price rite but they're selection is not great yet. Also, I forgot, I really liked the black cherry. Definitely getting a couple more of those.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 601 Member
    jrlmm31la4b4.jpg
    I know that a couple of Frontera frozen meals were reviewed here, and I'm throwing in my vote for these as well. This was pretty tasty - the chicken pieces were pretty close to how they turn out homemade and not that texture that they usually are in frozen meals. The vegetables retained an almost crisp tender texture, which was surprising and good. I also liked that they put chayote squash in here, and the sauce was unique and tasty. I only wished that the portion was a bit larger.
    4fzvs0noi3l3.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    Does anyone want a long *kitten* paragraph on my Enlightened ice cream thoughts? No? Well, here it is :D

Movie Night: My favorite thus far. The popcorn undertones are light (think vanilla with a buttery note), and I love the crunchy mini chocolate chips and swirls of caramel to balance it out. The nostalgia factor of munching on popcorn and candy at a good movie in a dimly lit theater may factor in to my love of this one.

Snickerdoodle: I can't decide if I like or dislike this one. It definitely tastes like a cinnamon sugar dusted cookie, but after a while it becomes so boring on the tongue. I feel like it needs something else, like gobs of sugar cookies to give us some texture. Overall, not terrible. But not a repurchase.

Strawberry Cheesecake: I like this one simply because I love strawberries and I like cheesecake lol. The ice cream base lacks the tang cheesecake flavors should have, but I think that might be a good thing because the swirls of strawberry jam are ridiculously sweet.

Marshmallow Peanut Butter: Definitely in my top five. The marshmallow part is mellow and creamy, and there are thick sheets of delicious peanut butter that taste just like Skippy. You have to really enjoy peanut butter, though, as the marshmallow taste disappears with each numbing bite.

Mint Chocolate Chip: Another top five. Mint Chocolate Chip is decidedly my favorite flavor of ANY ice cream, and this one closely resembles Edy's Mint Chocolate Chip with its strong mint flavor with healthy sprinklings of chocolate chips. No fake toothpaste mint either. It's very creamy too!

French Toast: This one had to grow on me. The swirls of maple are extremely sweet, but thankfully the base is mild. I can't say I'd purchase again, but I didn't regret it.

Banana Foster: I liked that the banana part didn't taste fake, but again, the swirls of caramel are a bit overpowering. I liked this one a hair more than the French Toast, but not by much. Good but not great.

Brownies and Cookie Dough: I love this one, which I didn't expect since Junk Banter was so neutral on it. The chocolate base is extremely creamy. I do agree that it is a super mild chocolate flavor, but somehow I still liked it. The chocolate chips act as the "brownie" part, and there are a ton of those to make up for the lack of cookie dough (which is really more of a smear rather than a gob lol). The cookie dough had a nice grainy crunch, and I just wish there was more of it.

Birthday Cake: Creamier and tastier than Halo Top's BC, but still not very exciting. The vanilla cake batter base was nice, but I wish it had more sprinkles to make it more interesting. Not bad, just boring.

Red Velvet: Probably my least favorite of the ones I've tried, but still not bad. The chocolate flavor is more pronounced in this one, but I think it's the cream cheese swirl throwing me off. It tastes a little strange to me.

That's all I have for now. I'm still on the hunt for S'mores, Glazed Donut, and Cherry Chocolate Chip, which are all hard to find in stores near me.

Ok, I'll do this with you!
    I love the movie night too, for the same reasons.

Snickerdoodle was just ok. Very mellow flavor. I could go either way with rebuying but wouldn't rush

Strawberry cheesecake I haven't tried yet. Found it one place but didn't get it. Next time I'll pick it up

Marshmallow PB is the one over been going crazy looking for. I'm so jealous you found it.

Mint chip is in freezer, will get eaten this week

French toast I can't find.

Bananas foster I didn't care for. I ate half, half is still sitting there. Not enough flavor for me

Brownies and cookie dough I loved. Milk chocolate ice cream with brownie and cookie dough chunks. I must've gotten more chunks of both than you.

Birthday cake I enjoyed. Mine had tons of sprinkles. I bought the bars as well. I threw the halo top version of this away

Red velvet, I actually liked, the chocolate could be better, like the base for the chocolate peanut butter, I liked the frosting swirls.

Thank you guys for the reviews. I haven't tried most of them, so I always like to see what everyone on here says about the flavors.

Anyone ever try these? It is called palmini and is a noodle substitute made out of hearts of palm. 15-20 calories per serving. i'v never tried hearts of palm so I have no clue what they taste like, lol. I guess they were on shark tank and the amazon reviews seem pretty favorable. I'd be curious if they are any good.

71fkRmIwM0L._CR0,204,1224,1224_UX175.jpg
    81nmUfXpQdL._SX522_.jpg
    71KZtvotBTL._SY88.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited May 2018
    jaocwcx9twlj.jpeg
    h1znuwtiukx0.jpeg
    5ezl9aetox6o.jpeg
    So I bought the new bars since I was right by a 7/11 yesterday and had one last night. They were a bit smaller than the regular quest bars, but a little thicker. Same weight as the regular bars, but it seemed a lot smaller. They tasted like regular bars, but a little different. Not sure what it was, maybe the peanut powder.

I never liked the peanut butter supreme, but the chocolate chips make it better. I am honestly surprised they don't have a plain peanut butter one with chocolate chips like the top part. I ended up taking bites of just the top because it was the best part.

The bottom really just tasted like the chocolate brownie, which isn't one I ever buy because it's one of the lowest on my list of favorites (I prefer double chocolate). Overall it was good, but nothing special and I wouldn't rank it in my top favorite flavors.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    jaocwcx9twlj.jpeg
    h1znuwtiukx0.jpeg
    5ezl9aetox6o.jpeg
    So I bought the new bars since I was right by a 7/11 yesterday and had one last night. They were a bit smaller than the regular quest bars, but a little thicker. Same weight as the regular bars, but it seemed a lot smaller. They tasted like regular bars, but a little different. Not sure what it was, maybe the peanut powder.

I opened a new package of Blueberry Muffin Quest Bars and found the same thing: smaller and thicker. Is this a thing now?
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    HALO TOP $1.99 @ SHOP RITE

7sdvgl4zczj0.png
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

7sdvgl4zczj0.png

We in Canada hate you Americans more and more for reasons such as this lol. To us HT sale means $5.99.

My Shoprite has them on sale for $2.88, is this online only or an app exclusive of some sort? I’m so jealous!!!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

7sdvgl4zczj0.png

We in Canada hate you Americans more and more for reasons such as this lol. To us HT sale means $5.99.

My Shoprite has them on sale for $2.88, is this online only or an app exclusive of some sort? I’m so jealous!!!

It doesn't saying anything about online only or app exclusive its listed under mothers day sales in my flyer
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    nic_27_grassisgreener Posts: 193 Member

Anyone ever try these? It is called palmini and is a noodle substitute made out of hearts of palm. 15-20 calories per serving. i'v never tried hearts of palm so I have no clue what they taste like, lol. I guess they were on shark tank and the amazon reviews seem pretty favorable. I'd be curious if they are any good.

I've never tried those noodles, but I've cooked with hearts of palm. They're pretty tasteless and soak up whatever flavor you put with them. And very low calorie. I'd definitely try those noodles if I found them.
  • terrifrei1
    terrifrei1 Posts: 2 Member
    Boars head makes a limited edition "dark chocolate" hummus. It is out of this world
  • Noreenmarie1234
    6hr9yymq1ogq.jpeg
    These were good, but not amazing. I wasn’t fond of the texture at first, but it grew on me, and I ended up eating two bags.

The texture was like a grainy, hard cracker, and not really like a pretzel at all. They were way more cracker like, and I would MUCH rather have regular honey mustard pretzels, but for 12g protein per 125 calories, they have way better macros lol.

Nice taste without being too spicy. They didn't have as strong of a honey mustard taste as snyders honey mustard. I was expecting them to be as good as though, and they just weren't. If I had lower expectations, I would have liked them a lot more, but I was expecting them to be just as good as regular honey mustard pretzels. I tried some of there stuff a few years ago (cereal and protein sticks) and they were all terrible, so these are an improvement.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2018
    $1 off coupon for Enlightened!
    http://try.eatenlightened.com/mothers-day-coupon/?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=62695668&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_H0KhDzGvQ8xCjsVGHj0aopCWGpfbyHez2a03mPIyjMv_TEW-bphK2gwZwb5zjyUMbth_OlwEdKRWiW0wlImgVoNk3pw&_hsmi=62695668

I also went to 7-11 to look for those new Quest bars but their selection was awful, they only had chocolate brownie and caramel oat cookie. I did see these muffins which were pretty large and sounded good, but they were around 400 calories each so I decided to pass. Has anyone here tried them though? I’ve never seen these before!
    nrzjirrbqdqk.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    http://try.eatenlightened.com/mothers-day-coupon/?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=62695668&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_H0KhDzGvQ8xCjsVGHj0aopCWGpfbyHez2a03mPIyjMv_TEW-bphK2gwZwb5zjyUMbth_OlwEdKRWiW0wlImgVoNk3pw&_hsmi=62695668

I also went to 7-11 to look for those new Quest bars but their selection was awful, they only had chocolate brownie and caramel oat cookie. I did see these muffins which were pretty large and sounded good, but they were around 400 calories each so I decided to pass. Has anyone here tried them though? I’ve never seen these before!
    nrzjirrbqdqk.jpeg

I was curious about these too because they also caught my eye when I was there yesterday!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    While my mom was in surgery today I went out everywhere to kill time. Here are my food finds... @hgycta ...one of those bars is yours if you want it... lol... by the way. Only the bars are exclusive to speedway, they have the cups with the pieces at the Walmart I was at.

8s38z8iop7m9.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member

nrzjirrbqdqk.jpeg

Honestly, I tried the muffin from 7-11 months ago. Think it was the blueberry and it was meh. The Lenny and Larry muffins are better but not as easy to find. Haven’t seen new quest bars thus far.

• leannaaugust
    leannaaugust Posts: 1 Member
    We love the our little rebellion protein crips. The bbq is good, but you have got to try the wasabi ginger and spicy buffalo.