New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Ugh, I just saw a review for the new peeps oreos and apparently the filling tastes less like peeps and more like birthday cake frosting. So now I have to freakin' buy them!

Great thanks for posting that :'(! Now I'll have to buy a package too since it's supposed to taste like frosting :#.

Misery loves company. And this thread has cost me A LOT of misery. :p
  • glassyo
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    31415448664_2f9fbbffbf_z.jpg

Extremely yummy.

How many biscuits per pouch? One or two?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Extremely yummy.

Only one sadly, lol.
  • glassyo
    edited February 2017
    Options

Extremely yummy.

Only one sadly, lol.

Damn, I could have worked with two like I do with the Natural Valley granola bars. :)

And, HEY! Shouldn't there be more than one in a pouch? Now they're just "individually wrapped". False advertising, people! :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Tried their cinnamon powder and was so impressed I splurged on samples of the fruity pebbles. Again, tastes just like the cereal I can't believe this brand isn't more popular! 5/5 although my personal preference is the cinnamon since I can slightly taste an aftertaste of what I think is food coloring with the fruity flavor, but I'm very impressed regardless!
    r963c6daelyt.jpg

P.S. I found one last pint of the caramel oatmeal Enlightened ice cream at Shoprite today (went to a different location) and also noticed more Halo Top flavors so I could give the Red Velvet one more chance with some ovaltine!

Tempted to order samples of these now! I'm skeptical about protein powders because they usual taste chemically....do these have a fake taste to them?

I hate that chemical taste too I know exactly what you're talking about! I found Quest's cinnamon cereal flavor to have that weird taste to them, but not these. The fruity cereal flavor did kind of have this chemical aftertaste (again, probably the food dye used in this one) but it wasn't as offensive as other brands and wasn't from an artificial sweetener.
    I wish I could say I had a coupon code for shipping, but I didn't (one of the reasons I waited so long before finally placing an order for these samples). I wrote to the company, however, and if you order a six pack (which will save you $1) then you can add in the notes that you want 3 of each and they'll do this for you. Actually, they forgot to do this to me even though I wrote it in the order, so I emailed them and they apologized and mailed me six more of the missing ones so I got 12 for the price of 6!
    They're really expensive for the tubs on their website but if you go to Amazon it's more reasonable. Unfortunately, Amazon does not sell these sample packets which is why I splurged; I'm never buying an entire tub of protein powder before trying it first again. I have way too many gross protein tubs from not having samples available first. I'm definitely getting a tub of the cinnamon flavor in this, but while I really enjoyed the fruity cereal flavor and will have no problem using the rest of these I don't think I'll be ordering more.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    p03d9aas1n7d.jpg

I'm sure this was a last fall "Limited Edition", but I just picked it up last week. I don't love the texture/filling-ness of the whips, but this flavor was phenomenal! Very citrusy with just a tang of sweet cranberry. Wish it would stick around- and in regular texture :/

I love the regular Yoplait 100 Greek yogurts, and I loathe most Greek yogurt. Black cherry is my fave. Never could understand the appeal of whipped yogurt.
  • Francl27
    Options
    p03d9aas1n7d.jpg

I'm sure this was a last fall "Limited Edition", but I just picked it up last week. I don't love the texture/filling-ness of the whips, but this flavor was phenomenal! Very citrusy with just a tang of sweet cranberry. Wish it would stick around- and in regular texture :/

I love the regular Yoplait 100 Greek yogurts, and I loathe most Greek yogurt. Black cherry is my fave. Never could understand the appeal of whipped yogurt.

It's like fruit mousse!
  • jruck371
    jruck371 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Dairymilk bar with cookie dough in the middle... :p
    Sadly I didn't buy it and I haven't seen it in any stores since
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Builder's Protein Chocolate Mint. UGH. Needed a late afternoon pick-me up and could only eat half of it. Really weird taste. I won't be buying another one!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I just saw a review for the new peeps oreos and apparently the filling tastes less like peeps and more like birthday cake frosting. So now I have to freakin' buy them!

Great thanks for posting that :'(! Now I'll have to buy a package too since it's supposed to taste like frosting :#.

:D
  • hgycta
    edited February 2017
    Options
    So I tried the Ovaltine in Halo Top like someone suggested. It did make it A LOT better but at the same time my ice cream addiction is already pretty unhealthy so this doesn't help ;p
    I tried it in the Red Velvet. They switched to gold lids, but do you guys know if they also changed recipes? I swear the pint of Red Velvet I had before didn't have this many or this big of chocolate chunks in it, this almost feels like cake (almost). It's definitely not chocolate chips... they're soft! Still, it's not very sweet on its own and while this helps, I still needed that cream cheese swirl.
    96w8ho9x067n.jpg

Also tried the mint cookie Hershey's layer bar after being back and forth as to whether I want to introduce that to my taste buds. Dang. I wish I hadn't. I love it.
    cjwaeggypsca.jpg
  • hexxennacht
    hexxennacht Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I got these chocolate pizzelles from Whole Foods, they're 25 calories per cookie, and I LOVE them. Very chocolaty. They're like a flat, round, thin chocolate waffle cone. I like to have a serving of birthday cake Halo Top and crumble the pizzelle on top.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @hgycta we stopped in a specialty candy store in the mall today to get a treat for my 3 and 4 year old (uhhhh the baby was miffed lol) and I thought about you! They had the DD Vanilla Latte Pop Tarts you reviewed- for $16.99 lol
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @hgycta we stopped in a specialty candy store in the mall today to get a treat for my 3 and 4 year old (uhhhh the baby was miffed lol) and I thought about you! They had the DD Vanilla Latte Pop Tarts you reviewed- for $16.99 lol
    Where?

Lol, it's a 1.88 at Krogers, 1.48 with a coupon on Kelloggs website.

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Where?

Lol, it's a 1.88 at Krogers, 1.48 with a coupon on Kelloggs website.

We are in Canada so we don't get a lot of the same things you do stateside. We have pop tarts at the store (3.99 though) but no specialty flavors usually. I saw them at a store at West Ed called B Sweet that imports US/UK treats
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I found the icing to taste like the rough sugar coating of a Peep so fairly accurate.
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    So I tried the Ovaltine in Halo Top like someone suggested. It did make it A LOT better but at the same time my ice cream addiction is already pretty unhealthy so this doesn't help ;p
    I tried it in the Red Velvet. They switched to gold lids, but do you guys know if they also changed recipes? I swear the pint of Red Velvet I had before didn't have this many or this big of chocolate chunks in it, this almost feels like cake (almost). It's definitely not chocolate chips... they're soft! Still, it's not very sweet on its own and while this helps, I still needed that cream cheese swirl.
    96w8ho9x067n.jpg

Also tried the mint cookie Hershey's layer bar after being back and forth as to whether I want to introduce that to my taste buds. Dang. I wish I hadn't. I love it.
    cjwaeggypsca.jpg

I had the same impression about the HT red velvet that I had yesterday. Didn't even remember any chunks from the first time! It's tasty.

Also I don't seem to have got any intestinal issues from the last two pints I had, so there's hope (now I just need them to get on sale again).

LadyGnat wrote: »
    I got these chocolate pizzelles from Whole Foods, they're 25 calories per cookie, and I LOVE them. Very chocolaty. They're like a flat, round, thin chocolate waffle cone. I like to have a serving of birthday cake Halo Top and crumble the pizzelle on top.

I love pizzelles (except the anise ones). I wish I could make my own but those irons are so expensive.
  • hgycta
    Options
    For those who are subscribed to Betty Crocker's emails, make sure you don't skip by this one!!! I just put in a request for a sample I can't wait to try it :)
    u68pncoxyw1g.png
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    3hdtcsyfrjq5.jpg
    CARROT CAKE KISSES

They're soft in the middle. Very sweet. Distinctly carrot cakey though.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    3hdtcsyfrjq5.jpg
    CARROT CAKE KISSES

They're soft in the middle. Very sweet. Distinctly carrot cakey though.

I tried one yesterday and thought it was SO GOOD for the first two seconds (thought it really tasted like carrot cake!) but as soon as I started chewing it just tasted like cheap white chocolate and was a huge disappointment.

I love carrot cake flavoured things, but I do not much enjoy very low-quality chocolate like Hersheys and I'm not really a fan of white chocolate anyway, so I wasn't really the target market...still.