New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• astronaught
    astronaught Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Went to Walmart today and finally found the Internationals delight one touch latte frothing creamer so I picked up the caramel but after looking at a few YouTube reviews it doesn't look like I thought so I'm not in any huge rush to try it, but I did try Dannon Light & Fit toasted marshmallow greek yogurt and I really enjoy it! I like all their flavors though, I wouldn't say this one is revolutionary and worth going out of your way for. It definitely tastes like toasted marshmallow but it's also more subtle. Still no cookies & cream malt o meal cereal!
    2yulv6o2juyj.jpg

Also got invited by Amazon to try their new Amazon Dash for their surprise treats boxes full artisanal chocolates/caramels/other snacks. Decided to get it for the sake of trying it, but the button was $4.99 and the first box of snacks (which looks like is only 1/2 lb) is $18 so I might wait a week depending on my mood on that one too!
    8t1uciu2d4ei.jpg

Was thinking about those boxes but so expensive!

What was in the amazon box?

It's all here, different each time and I haven't done it quite yet just got the button to get started:
    https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_pssfaq_3a1?node=14809330011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=ZKRD2T0D28CWBG99DYBK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=68acea87-8474-43b4-bd79-5ba09d8989a4&pf_rd_i=14828762011

Also got chocolate sorbet by Talenti and Ciao Bella since they were both on sale at Shoprite for $1.99. The Talenti without a doubt was much better, kind of tasted like those fudge popsicles. The Ciao Bella had a weird artificial taste to it I couldn't put my finger on, although I love their coconut sorbet go figure!
    However, weighed out BOTH of them and the serving size in grams was a lot less than what each pint should have contained according to the nutrition label. -.-
    m0axkv29ckm1.jpg
    py9qliebhama.jpg

/looks at sample boxes on Amazon site

Is it my imagination, or are the sweets in these boxes not adding up to $18 worth of stuff? Maybe I don't know my confections...

Well some of them (such as Askinosee chocolate bars) are very expensive around $7 each plus shipping so I mean it is expensive but it could also be worse. You're paying for the convenience and fun factor more than anything, like those monthly subscription boxes of ethnic snacks from Try Treats etc, none of them are cheap they're just fun :p

It looks like a good deal to me, but I live in a tourist town for rich people, so everything from other parts of the country looks like a good deal to me. Can't wait to get my Dash Button and give it a try.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Speziface wrote: »
    Tried the Girl Scout S'mores cookies finally. Ugh. Too much sweet; not enough chocolate or graham cracker to balance it.

OTOH, I finally figured out the Halo Top Birthday Cake is much better with some Ovaltine added to it; that makes it taste like a chocolate cake instead just a frosted vanilla cake.

I didn't like the Smores Girl Scout cookies either. I regretted wasting the calories. My favorite is still the Samoas/Caramel Delites. They're almost too sweet for me these days, but that means it's easier to stop at one or two.

I didn't like the chocolate covered one. Still waiting to try the sandwich ones.
  • Jayco141
    Jayco141 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    Jayco141 wrote: »
    Some serious added sugar going on in this thread!

... and the problem is?

Apparently not a problem for you! For me..Killer

nothing wrong with added sugar unless you're diabetic, etc.

It's easy to consume extra calories when eating foods that are sugar sweetened. Increased triglycerides. Triglycerides are a type of fat in the bloodstream and fat tissue. Eating an excessive amount of added sugar can increase triglyceride levels, which may increase your risk of heart disease.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

... and the problem is?

It's easy to consume extra calories when eating foods that are sugar sweetened. Increased triglycerides. Triglycerides are a type of fat in the bloodstream and fat tissue. Eating an excessive amount of added sugar can increase triglyceride levels, which may increase your risk of heart disease.

sure it is, but if you're counting your calories (hence you wouldn't be consuming extra) - i don't see the issue.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Tried the Girl Scout S'mores cookies finally. Ugh. Too much sweet; not enough chocolate or graham cracker to balance it.

OTOH, I finally figured out the Halo Top Birthday Cake is much better with some Ovaltine added to it; that makes it taste like a chocolate cake instead just a frosted vanilla cake.

Which s'mores cookie?

Yeah, the sandwich cookie or the chocolate covered cookie cookie?

Also, I used to mix chocolate nestle's quik in with vanilla ice cream....heaven. I've never had ovaltine.

I might give Halo Top's red velvet another chance knowing this or try it with their strawberry flavor!
    How much do you use? Does it dissolve?

LOL who knows? These were my pre-calorie counting and pre-weighing days. I just had a big bowl of ice cream and shoveled that nestles quik on u til it looked chocolately enough. If I remember correctly, it mostly dissolved (god the oce cream was soooooooo creamy this way) but there were still grains of the quik left that gave it a bit of texture (?).

If I ever eat the halo top from a bowl, I might try that with the quest chocolate milkshake protein powder.

Let me know how that goes but I can't imagine Quest protein powder mixing too well since it gets a bit gooey or sticky when mixed with certain things it doesn't really dissolve! It could make a protein glaze but I don't know about it as an ice cream topping, maybe powdered peanut butter but not protein powder but hey you never know until you try!!!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    triospouchweb.jpg

Tried these the other day. I thought that they were pretty yummy! They weren't gritty like how some other gluten free cookies can be. Really, I thought that they tasted like normal peanut butter oatmeal cookies with chocolate chunks in them. Bonus: they have an ingredient list that's pretty clean compared to most of the other Girl Scout Cookies!

• Francl27
    Options

... and the problem is?

My trigs are perfect, thank you very much!

But I agree on the 'easy to consume extra calories' when eating foods with sugar. Sigh.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    triospouchweb.jpg

Tried these the other day. I thought that they were pretty yummy! They weren't gritty like how some other gluten free cookies can be. Really, I thought that they tasted like normal peanut butter oatmeal cookies with chocolate chunks in them. Bonus: they have an ingredient list that's pretty clean compared to most of the other Girl Scout Cookies!

I need them. I adore all things peanut butter. The Girls Scouts in Shop Rite were all sold out of their gluten free stash. I have to find a way to get some. Celiac disease is a pain.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,649 Member
    Options
    triospouchweb.jpg

I wanted these sooooooooooooo bad last year but no one had them (we have many girl scout connections at work) and amazon/ebay were way too expensive.
  • rachellech
    rachellech Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    chrwuow6glon.jpg

I'm loving the new pint of Enlightened Banana Foster ice cream...mmmm.
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

Woah. Believe it or not, I have never had chocolate malt powder a day in my life up until a few days ago when I caved and bought a small tub of Ovaltine from Walmart! I wasn't impressed as it just tastes like chocolate milk but mixing it in ice cream is a total game changer! How do you add it? Like, as a topping or do you somehow stir it or blend it? Have you tried it in other flavors yet?

I let the Halo Top soften a bit then stir in the Ovaltine.

As for the s'mores cookies: I got the plain sandwich version. Would rather make my own.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    rachellech wrote: »
    chrwuow6glon.jpg

I want this so bad. I love artificial banana.

I liked Trios too!
  • hgycta
    Options
    chrwuow6glon.jpg

WHAT? I won all of their pints and they're going to be delivered and I still haven't tried it!!! Dang it Shoprite! You should've uploaded a picture of inside your pint I want to see how much bang for my buck I'm going to get!!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have found ThinkThin protein bars 20g of protein, 0g of suger, low GI gluten free. I have tried the quest bars and can not get pass the nasty taste.....
    ThinkThin creamy peanut butter chocolate dipped is like eating a candy bar. It's so much better than questbars!! Hands down!! I had one for lunch today and it was 240 calories!! It's a must try if you are like me and struggle with protein bars. I think they are like $1.50 each.
  • hgycta
    Options
    I have found ThinkThin protein bars 20g of protein, 0g of suger, low GI gluten free. I have tried the quest bars and can not get pass the nasty taste.....
    ThinkThin creamy peanut butter chocolate dipped is like eating a candy bar. It's so much better than questbars!! Hands down!! I had one for lunch today and it was 240 calories!! It's a must try if you are like me and struggle with protein bars. I think they are like $1.50 each.

Where did you find them? I've tried the 150 calorie ThinkThin bars but thought they tasted horrible, perhaps the 240 calorie version has a different formula?

Speaking of protein bars I randomly found a box of expired quest pumpkin pie bars from a couple years ago xD like chewing a rock but tasted satisfying x3
    jqwjxxhvyiab.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    chrwuow6glon.jpg

WHAT? I won all of their pints and they're going to be delivered and I still haven't tried it!!! Dang it Shoprite! You should've uploaded a picture of inside your pint I want to see how much bang for my buck I'm going to get!!

Shop Rite still only has 5 flavors on the shelves here, and they don't even have the oatmeal caramel cookie one anymore. I'm sad.
  • hgycta
    Options
    chrwuow6glon.jpg

Shop Rite still only has 5 flavors on the shelves here, and they don't even have the oatmeal caramel cookie one anymore. I'm sad.

I NOTICED THAT TOO WHAT GIVES THAT WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. They should've discontinued the salted caramel or peanut butter one instead, the salted caramel tastes kind of weird and the peanut butter one really isn't that sweet and hardly tastes like peanut butter in my opinion -.-