New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hmmm. I tried the Twinkie Hostess ice cream tonight. I don't think it was overly sweet at all, but I have a pretty high tolerance. As long as it's not a regular soda, I'm usually fine.

There weren't too many Twinkie chunks in my 137 grams, but the base was rich and creamy.

Krogers only had the Twinkie flavor and HEB only had the Snowball... :#
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Did any of you try the Cotton Candy Peeps last year? I think Walgreen's had it as an exclusive flavor & I spotted them at Wal-Mart yesterday.

@hgycta I work at a Wal-Mart so I'll let you know if any of the Coldstone eggs in. I remember finding them two years in a row & last year nada.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I tried the Twinkie Hostess ice cream tonight. I don't think it was overly sweet at all, but I have a pretty high tolerance. As long as it's not a regular soda, I'm usually fine.

There weren't too many Twinkie chunks in my 137 grams, but the base was rich and creamy.

Krogers only had the Twinkie flavor and HEB only had the Snowball... :#

Now Hostess is releasing novelties

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2017/02/20/spotted-on-shelves-hostess-frozen-novelties/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Those Oreo eggs look tasty but I can't stand the sweetness of Cadbury eggs, so I'll probably have to pass, lol.

Will check the store for the new Enlightened flavors...
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Did any of you try the Cotton Candy Peeps last year? I think Walgreen's had it as an exclusive flavor & I spotted them at Wal-Mart yesterday.

@hgycta I work at a Wal-Mart so I'll let you know if any of the Coldstone eggs in. I remember finding them two years in a row & last year nada.

That would be fantastic thank you!!!

Spotted (and purchased) at Wegmans last night. So good. I've already hidden them so I don't have to share. HA! They also had cinnamon sugar and cookies and cream flavors.

63611152016.jpg

I also noticed these near my house in Target and Walmart but didnt trust myself! I get the cannoli chip and dip things at Wawa and devour them but they're not filling so I knew nothing good would come from me trying them haha!
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

That would be fantastic thank you!!!

Spotted (and purchased) at Wegmans last night. So good. I've already hidden them so I don't have to share. HA! They also had cinnamon sugar and cookies and cream flavors.

63611152016.jpg

I also noticed these near my house in Target and Walmart but didnt trust myself! I get the cannoli chip and dip things at Wawa and devour them but they're not filling so I knew nothing good would come from me trying them haha!

Makes me want to go looking for a good cannoli dip recipe, not gonna lie.
  • Jayco141
    Jayco141 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Some serious added sugar going on in this thread!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Jayco141 wrote: »

... and the problem is?
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Tried the Girl Scout S'mores cookies finally. Ugh. Too much sweet; not enough chocolate or graham cracker to balance it.

OTOH, I finally figured out the Halo Top Birthday Cake is much better with some Ovaltine added to it; that makes it taste like a chocolate cake instead just a frosted vanilla cake.
  • Jayco141
    Jayco141 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

... and the problem is?

Apparently not a problem for you! For me..Killer
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

... and the problem is?

Apparently not a problem for you! For me..Killer

nothing wrong with added sugar unless you're diabetic, etc.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Speziface wrote: »
    Tried the Girl Scout S'mores cookies finally. Ugh. Too much sweet; not enough chocolate or graham cracker to balance it.

OTOH, I finally figured out the Halo Top Birthday Cake is much better with some Ovaltine added to it; that makes it taste like a chocolate cake instead just a frosted vanilla cake.

Woah. Believe it or not, I have never had chocolate malt powder a day in my life up until a few days ago when I caved and bought a small tub of Ovaltine from Walmart! I wasn't impressed as it just tastes like chocolate milk but mixing it in ice cream is a total game changer! How do you add it? Like, as a topping or do you somehow stir it or blend it? Have you tried it in other flavors yet?
  • Francl27
    Options

Which s'mores cookie?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,649 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Which s'mores cookie?

Yeah, the sandwich cookie or the chocolate covered cookie cookie?

Also, I used to mix chocolate nestle's quik in with vanilla ice cream....heaven. I've never had ovaltine.
  • hgycta
    edited February 2017
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Which s'mores cookie?

Also, I used to mix chocolate nestle's quik in with vanilla ice cream....heaven. I've never had ovaltine.

I might give Halo Top's red velvet another chance knowing this or try it with their strawberry flavor!
    How much do you use? Does it dissolve?
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

I didn't like the Smores Girl Scout cookies either. I regretted wasting the calories. My favorite is still the Samoas/Caramel Delites. They're almost too sweet for me these days, but that means it's easier to stop at one or two.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

Which s'mores cookie?

The one I had was like a chocolate-covered graham cracker with a hint of marshmallow flavor. It just wasn't anything special to me.
  • glassyo
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

Which s'mores cookie?

I might give Halo Top's red velvet another chance knowing this or try it with their strawberry flavor!
    How much do you use? Does it dissolve?

LOL who knows? These were my pre-calorie counting and pre-weighing days. I just had a big bowl of ice cream and shoveled that nestles quik on u til it looked chocolately enough. If I remember correctly, it mostly dissolved (god the oce cream was soooooooo creamy this way) but there were still grains of the quik left that gave it a bit of texture (?).

If I ever eat the halo top from a bowl, I might try that with the quest chocolate milkshake protein powder.
  • glassyo
    Options

Which s'mores cookie?

The one I had was like a chocolate-covered graham cracker with a hint of marshmallow flavor. It just wasn't anything special to me.

I saw a review for those and they said there was a slight minty taste. My region has the sandwich cookie version. The two troops I bought cookies from were both sold out and I just knew they were going to be my white whale so I *cough* bought some cookies off ebay to save myself the aggravation. Pretty good price too!