edited March 2018
    Options
    NVM
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    hokagenoob wrote: »
    So I legit just watched an 1 hour video of Dr.McDougall's "The Starch Solution" video on YouTube and honestly it was a HUGE eye opener to how majority of society has turned into obesity. And how in B.C they all ate grains and stayed in shape. I'm thinking about trying this out! For those who know what I'm talking about and has tried this out, can you tell me your guys stories about it? Does it work?
    If you guys haven't watched it I really suggest you do! Its real interesting.

Stop watching videos. Obesity is caused because people eat too much carbs, fats and proteins combined.... that's it.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Ecrackin wrote: »
    You can eat until satiation. It works, and has reversed my type 2 diabetes in 3 months. Lost 20 in 1.5 months so far. No meat, dairy, animal products or oil. It is a low fat, plant based diet based around plant starches with the inclusion of veggies and fruits. Calorie density is of big importance. 200 calories of oil does not fill your stomach and is way easy to eat. 200 calories of veggies stuffs you up. Eliminating oils and dairy and meat allows your body to heal it's arterial damage and let's your body use up the fat it has stored up. Insulin resistance is reversed because glucose isn't blocked by cellular fat.

It works, go for it!

Aw man, I read that first sentence as "you can eat until saturation" and was hoping for something awesome like sitting in a kiddie pool full of apple sauce all day absorbing nutrients through your skin.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    this BC ?
    mbritishcolumbia.gif

So I'm not the only one who was seriously intrigued by what the folks in British Columbia are doing that's so special?

I feel a little disappointed.

Folks.

It's BC.

All about the "vegetables" nod nod wink wink
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Last time I ate starch, my blood sugar crashed. And my digestive issues got worse.

Last time I ate starch I was fine... what's your point?