Looking for Low Carb Buddies and Recipes

Replies

• agrube1968
    agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
    Went to the gym last night and had a great workout! Excited to see how much weight I can lose combining low carb with exercise (where I wasn't doing any exercise at all before!!)
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    I’ve been keto since last may! I love my low-carb life. It’s hard sometimes but I feel better than ever!
  • Singletary6girls
    Singletary6girls Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I am new here and totally lost. I am looking for assistance with low carbs eating. I notice people are saying add me so AI guess it's safe to say the same. I just want to live and take my life back. Obesity has my health on a downward spiral and I want to live.
  • kikina
    kikina Posts: 57 Member
    Just starting Keto would love to belong to a group where I can learn and share plz add me
  • agrube1968
    Hi everyone! Please add me if you haven't ready. Love meeting new friends. I have been doing low carb now since Feb 20 and am down. 16.7 lbs. Recently started back at the gym, going 5 days a week. Can't wait to see my body transform!!!
  • toofatandy
    toofatandy Posts: 74 Member
    Add me if you like I have just started on The Blood Sugar Diet. We can make it.
  • elisawieghat695
    elisawieghat695 Posts: 3 Member
    Here's a list of snack ideas...
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Here's a list of snack ideas...

This is a pretty decent list. Some of the items are a little carbier than others but if you’re not doing keto it’s nothing to really think about. They’re all very low carb!
  • agrube1968
    Thanks everyone! I went off low carb for a week; my mother passed away on March 19 so it was kinda hard to do while people was bringing food to us and everything. I started back today and so far so good.
  • agrube1968
    anyone tried the low carb taco soup recipe I've been seeing on Facebook? Wondering if its any good!
  • lizarene3
    lizarene3 Posts: 46 Member
    I started keto on March 5th, I try to stay at 20 a day. So far I've lost 11.5 pounds. Had a few days where I over did it but only a few here and there. I would love an add as well. The hardest part so far is giving up Mountain Dew, talk about being addicted to something!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Hi. I started a week ago Monday (about 10 days now) and have lost 7lbs. I too am shooting for 20-22 carbs per day and need buddies and recipes! Please feel free to add me as a friend! Lets do this!!
  • jenverdy
    jenverdy Posts: 1 Member
    I just started the Keto diet 1 week ago and I lost 8 lbs! I’d love to have friends on here for support. I miss Diet Coke and sugar, but I know that is what lead me to become overweight. I’m trying to stay positive, but this first week has been difficult.
  • BrandonHarken
    BrandonHarken Posts: 2 Member
    Hey Jen! Would love to be a low carb/Keto buddy as a I just started it 4 days ago and still going strong! I did binge on 4 tlbspoons of peanut butter this morning (oops). I’ve found it helps to have a shelf in my pantry dedicated to ONLY Keto foods I can eat. Low carb protein powder, olives, almonds, cocoanut oil, olive oil, avocados and peppers are on there. And my beloved peanut butter. What do you do for breakfast?
  • kdpotter
    kdpotter Posts: 15 Member
    I’m in! Low carb is challenging for me but the best way to go!
  • kdpotter
    kdpotter Posts: 15 Member
    Turkey sausage, shrimp, veggies, and old bay season. Just tried this week. Easy and delicious!!
  • sandralang12327
    sandralang12327 Posts: 12 Member
    I had to lower my sugar. Doing low carb for 4 months. Down 22 lbs. Finding if I keep it simple it works for me.. Eating out is a piece of meat and double the veggies. Or a side salad. Frozen birdseye steam fresh is great and fast packaging my own meats in 4 oz pks and freezing...cod, steak, pork, chicken... Chicken breast diced fried in butter with franks sauce is awesome. Chicken needs seasoning as is boring... Panara Asian sesame dressing is great!. Cottage cheese keeps me full. This is working.. and best thing is my fitness pal! I work out with zumba class... Once a week.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Husband made a chicken and chorizo soup ladt night. Leftovers for lunch. It’s soooo good!
  • agrube1968
    Love all the ideas!! Keep em coming!
  • agrube1968
    Back at it today after being off low carb for several days while visiting my son and daughter in law and so far so good today! How are you all doing?