• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • wnjone00
    wnjone00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    wnjone00 wrote: »
    "Broscience." I like it because you get to make your points and denigrate an entire gender, all at the same time. What a twofer.

strong first post.

Yeah, not bad...for a guy.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Feel like it needs to be specified somewhere and I guess I didn't in my first post, but documentaries on Netflix do not count as reliable sources of information.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    A lot of "I heard" and "someone told me" questions on the board lately so I thought I'd give this a bump.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Here's a useful link someone popped into another thread: http://callingbullshit.org/tools/tools_legit.html
  • birdenerd
    birdenerd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! It's hard to sort through all the broscience floating around. When I first started myfitnesspal years ago I relied heavily on their blog to learn about nutrition and weight loss but unfortunately picked up incorrect info there too. The forums have been a great resource though! I've learned so much this year from other members.

I've been watching Healthcare Triage videos on youtube lately. The channel talks about all sorts of healthcare topics and discusses the research in an easy to understand way. Being able to understand the studies (or lack of them) behind the claims people make has made me much less gullible (I hope!).