Guitar/Music Instrument Practice Challenge-15 minute Intervals

Replies

• MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    March 8 - Piano 15 minutes
    March 9 - Piano 15 minutes

Keep it up!! Find some enjoyment!! :) I play piano too, and haven't played for awhile because I wanted to focus on learning guitar. I am going to find 15 today to play piano...I have been wanting to do this for awhile...your post encouraged me!! Thank you!! :)
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Ha! I just found that thread and really like it! I just picked up piano again after playing as a kid for a little while; I got myself an E-piano I can play in the flat and my husband had my grandma's piano renovated as a Christmas present for me. (It sits at my parents' place for now.) I am having my 5th lesson next week and it really makes me happy to play! 15 min a day is what I do about 5 times a week and I can see a lot of progress. I would like to join here to make sure the enthusiasm doesn't slow down too quickly. I also played the accordion for a while but stopped when I had an evening class and was running out of time and energy.
  • MaryBethHempel
    buxbert wrote: »
    Ha! I just found that thread and really like it! I just picked up piano again after playing as a kid for a little while; I got myself an E-piano I can play in the flat and my husband had my grandma's piano renovated as a Christmas present for me. (It sits at my parents' place for now.) I am having my 5th lesson next week and it really makes me happy to play! 15 min a day is what I do about 5 times a week and I can see a lot of progress. I would like to join here to make sure the enthusiasm doesn't slow down too quickly. I also played the accordion for a while but stopped when I had an evening class and was running out of time and energy.

Awesome! Isn't it funny how just 15 minutes a day can bring such happiness and progress in life! Enjoy your piano!! I am working on adding to my guitar 15min/day.....adding piano and then harmonica....it is crazy to me how it is so difficult to do that...when it is just 15 min ---such a small amount of time....I also am working on exercise...going to put up a 10 minute/day exercise...music and exercise is what I want to accomplish daily...Both make me feel happy!

Enjoy your week and will look for your comments! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    I did my 15 minutes....actually quite a few...I lost count as I was immersed and took breaks. I am learning so much and finding that it is bringing me so much pleasure...I have learned that the journey is most of the fun...and I am enjoying the journey of learning and playing guitar.
  • llward5
    llward5 Posts: 128 Member
    Hey! I'm in!! My beautiful guitar is collecting dust as well. I started taking lessons at age 40 (bucket list), played a lot with friends for the first 5/6 years. Then life happened, and our little "band" lost out to family obligations, etc. I'm now turning 50 and it's time to get back at it!
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    raindawg wrote: »
    raindawg wrote: »
    When I was 28, (51 now), I bought an acoustic guitar on a whim. I ended up taking lessons for three years, then played it off and on over the next 10 years or so. It's been probably almost ten years since I played it. I've been getting an urge this last year to pick it back up and now I've stumbled across this thread. I'm in!

First step order a tuner and new strings..........

Tuner and strings showed up today. Re-stringing guitar and first 15 minute practice tonight. :smiley:

Got the strings on and 15+ minutes of practicing Mon, Tue, and today. Made the mistake of ordering medium gauge strings though. Should have gone with light gauge until my fingers are back into guitar shape. I can only hold the chords for a couple minutes of practice at a time. That's ok though I spend the rest of the time practicing finger patterns.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    I'm about to do my 15 mins as I re-learn an old Satriani tune that I've been humming all day. Bronchitis has stolen my voice (again) so I'm hoping with some Vitamin C boosters that'll clean out soon too!

Keep playing everyone!
  • MaryBethHempel
    I did my 15 minutes of guitar...I also added some JamStix exercises when watching tv.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Egger29 wrote: »
    I'm about to do my 15 mins as I re-learn an old Satriani tune that I've been humming all day. Bronchitis has stolen my voice (again) so I'm hoping with some Vitamin C boosters that'll clean out soon too!

Keep playing everyone!

Hope your feeling better! Take care of yourself. Zinc is also good.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Since signing up I’ve played accordion every day! Now off for guitar practice
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Hi everyone I am in going to set aside 7 minutes to strum my guitar or anything musical I have here at home, I want to get one of those roll up piano key pads, does anybody know if those work well or not?
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    I am also going to go look for someone to teach me how to play drums love the sound.
  • MaryBethHempel

WOW! So awesome!!! How do you feel?
  • MaryBethHempel
    111grace wrote: »
    Hi everyone I am in going to set aside 7 minutes to strum my guitar or anything musical I have here at home, I want to get one of those roll up piano key pads, does anybody know if those work well or not?

Hi!! Have some fun playing!! I did have one of those roll ups... and sold it...I wish I would have kept it though, because it would have been nice in our motorhome. I sold it because in order to use it, you have to put it on a table and I didn't have our motorhome then.
  • Egger29
    Jammed out for 90 minutes this morning re-learning the live version of Joe Satriani's "Ten Words". Didn't get it quite YouTube ready, but will see what I can do over the weekend! Keeping up the motivation!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    15!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member

Great! I am getting mine fixed. What arr you playing? I am thinking of starting again eventually.
  • Egger29
    Another 60 minutes of Jamming out to backing tracks through my headphones. Fingers are getting pretty sore! :D:s<3
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    I've gotten a couple of 15s in, but need to do better. Planning to play for Easter. :smile: