Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 - Thank you for sharing all that. I am totally on the same wavelength with everything you said. Seeing young people drunk - totally sad, and if you watched that video from the UK about the incredible damage that's being done to their bodies/livers at a young age you just want to cry.

I am beginning to dislike being in bars as well. There's a little neighborhood one we like to go to to have ONE glass of wine on a Friday night and a couple of appetizers. No one is there getting falling down drunk and the atmosphere is great. But most of them - sheesh. It doesn't help that we live in FL, near the beach, and it's March. Talk about falling down drunk and obnoxious. I almost can't bear to watch.

I think it was important for you to try drinking again and get that reinforcement that you're better off being 99 percent AF. That's really valuable knowledge and you can move on. Congrats!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    1) I felt so badly watching the young people in the bars, falling over, drunk, throwing up. I really felt so sad, I could have cried watching them.

Julie big hug to you on your journey yesterday. It is odd how our minds flex back and forth on the choice to try alcohol again once we have not had it for a notable amount of time. I am so happy your day turned out well.

In your above quote I witnessed the same events at our last pub stop last night. And felt awful for the incoherint people knowing they would feel like crap this morning and not recall any of those given moments in life. Such a waste.

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful gift I have given myself and those around me!

It really is a gift! Well put.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    All my angst about breaking my streak was for nothing; I did just fine and didnt feel the need to continue drinking. Xo

@JulieAL1969 - SO great to get your report. Was thinking about you yesterday and hoping all was well. Congrats on being in control, making conscious decisions about how much was enough for you and moving on. You are an inspiration.

Thanks for your support:) You inspire me with your observations and advice! I love being on this journey with you.
    You and many others are my amazing virtual friends; I cannot imagine a few months ago, how much my life has improved.

I read how you see young people who are drunk and it pains you too.

I did know a woman in her late 20s who died of organ failure from alcohol. She must have really drank a lot to die so young. Poor family. So, that video we watched is another wakeup call. Moderation is fine; the occassional release from stress with a glass of wine or beer is ok. But the daily binging can wreck your body. I feel for young people who are just starting on their journeys with alcohol.
    I wish I knew then what I know now. I would have saved myself and my family a lot of heartache.

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I failed miserably yesterday :(
    I planned on being alcohol free all weekend. But I let my really bad week and depression get the best of me and had an “I don’t care today” attitude. Drank entirely too much. Ate really unhealthy food all day ...

If I could play back the kind gracious words to uthat u sent us hopefully it will have three same effect on u add it did on us.
    Im fully with u here, i blew it too. Now starting a new day, back into the better way. You can too ;) its not the end of the world :)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I planned on being alcohol free all weekend. But I let my really bad week and depression get the best of me and had an “I don’t care today” attitude. Drank entirely too much. Ate really unhealthy food all day ...

One day at a time. Tomorrow will be so much better ! At least you understand your triggers and it can help you next time
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »

If I could play back the kind gracious words to uthat u sent us hopefully it will have three same effect on u add it did on us.
    Im fully with u here, i blew it too. Now starting a new day, back into the better way. You can too ;) its not the end of the world :)

:D:D cringe factor!!! Spell / grammar check didnt do their job * embarrassed , looking for new software* lol
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind words. You all truly are the best :)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I have an app called Day Count. You can program it to record how many days go by with a particular goal in mind. So, I had to reset my AF goal timer to zero today. It was at 76 days. Since I drank this weekend, back to zero. But now, I am so much stronger and more aware of how I feel with and without alcohol. To beat my record, I'll stay AF until the last day of the school year. How fitting:)

I must say that as the day progressed, those few vodkas yesterday made me feel a little shaky, like my nerves were affected. I didnt like how I felt today, even though I didnt have a typical hangover.

Have a great week reaching your goals! One of the ads for MFP on my news feed said it takes 66 days to form a healthy habit.