Over 200 New Year New Me Part 51

Options

Replies

• Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Just a quick check in. I hope everyone is good I remember you VeronicaandMatt , congrats on the new baby!

I have 2 of my 4 kids in school. Tomorrow is the biopsy for my oldest and Ryan starts 1rst grade. Still kinda crazy but wanted to check in and say a quick hi.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!

Still trying to reel everything in.... I feel so all over the place lately. MUST BREATHE!!

Julie - how is Maisie (so sorry if I misspelled that!!) We're going to the doctor on the 18th to see exactly how far along I am!

Goal for the week: Breathing.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Heather -- I have never ever been able to trick myself into being a morning person. A screaming baby took care of that problem super fast! I'm still not a morning person but I'm certainly a person who gets up in the morning now. For a while, I was able to convince myself to get up 45 minutes early to exercise but I fizzled on that after a few months. What motivated me was how much better I feel after I exercise -- I enjoyed starting my day feeling like that.

Teresa -- Maisie (yep, you're right! :smile:) is doing really well! She passed her hearing test at the audiologist today (she failed it 3 times on her left side at the hospital before we were released). She never had any serious problems but she's doing so well we don't have another doctor appointment until her 2 month well-visit on 9/21. I don't know what we're going to do with all of our time now that we're not running back and forth to the doctor all the time. Probably eat, sleep, and poop. :tongue: I think we're starting to get things under control and she's starting to react to stuff more which makes everything more rewarding.

Exciting to find out how far along you are! Do you have any idea at all?
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a lot of thinking about my journey and decided I'm not getting anything (not even motivation) from Weight Watchers, so I canceled. I'll go to the last three weeks of weigh-ins since they've been prepaid, but after that, I'm done. Even my boyfriend said the support I get from MFP is awesome and it's a better fit for me.

So, I'll finish out the last three weeks of WW and I have a plan for the month of September. It's pretty involved, but it might be the focus I need. Basically, I'm going to stop logging foods and focus on Intuitive Eating, set fitness goals, only weigh myself twice during the month (the 1st and last of the month) and take measurements the same time.

I'm really going to try to start getting up in the mornings to exercise before work, which won't be easy, but it's possible. August will be spent trying to train myself to be a morning person. For September, I want to do 30 Day Shred and increase running mileage, switching between the two, with one rest day per week (day to be determined).

We'll see how it goes and I'm going to try to give myself a new plan each month. I've already decided on two goals for 2012...to run a half marathon (yes, I'm nuts!) and complete a duathlon.

There's no reason I can't start pushing myself and holding myself to an even higher standard. From now on it's going to be about challenging myself for personal growth. This year has been amazing for many reasons and I'm going to keep it going by focusing on the things I can control (like my 5k time) and stop worrying about what I can't control (the number on the scale).

So, my awesome MFP friends, I have renewed motivation and a plan of attack.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    julie - glad maise is doing great!!! She is soo darn cute :smile:

Teresa - Good luck on your appt next week. I have to admit i loved going to the dr when i was preg, to see/hear my girls.

Well i am trying to get my butt kicked into gear, my motivations sucks!! Trying to think of what i did so right last summer and one thing that is missing is thattime me and hnubby would go workout together especially the spin classes, i really miss them. We are looking to go back and join 24 hr fitness , we are still thinking about it, as i have already joined anytime fitness and am locked in for 2 years, but they don't have any classes.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!

This morning was a success with a 2.1 mile run on the treadmill done before 6am. Woot woot! How many days does it take to become habit? 28 days?

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Slightly over
    Water: 119.1 oz.
    Exercise: Cleaned up brush in my back yard
    Proud: Had a healthy, delicious dinner, got some activity in (that really needed to be done) and had my delicious dessert.

Have a great day!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Julie, great to hear things are going well with Maisie! I'm sure you're figuring out all those important mom things. :-)
    Heather, I'm really proud of you for waking up early to exercise and making your plan of attack for September. You are OWNING this!
    Deb, I really wish my cheapo gym (Planet Fitness) had classes. Sometimes I think about paying more for a gym with classes, but there are so many deals (Groupon, Living Social, etc) that I can get on unlimited months of this or that, that I'm going that route for classes now.

Sorry I was AWOL for awhile. Work has been busy and I've been kind of "meh" about everything.

Cals - Over. Went to dinner at my BIL's - it was delicious. I lacked self-control and ate the whole plate of pasta!
    Water - Only 64 oz
    Exercise - Nothing really
    Proud - Er....I was a very helpful wife and was kind and helped Jonathan bottle beer at 10:30 p.m.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    I'm totally down for the count with a migraine today. Wasn't feeling great yesterday, but powered through a run (it took a LOT of self-motivation to keep going for all 20 minutes) and had a good dinner.

Woke up this morning, took my meds, and am nauseated...am just eating what sounds good to me today. Hoping to stay under for the day, but we'll see.

Sorry I haven't been around - work's been nuts. Hopefully I'm back on my feet and back on track tomorrow!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Purpleprose - I'm in the same boat as you today... home sick and going to try to stay under cals today, but not going to worry about it a lot. I have a sinus infection and had a terrible bout of vertigo during the night that made me very nauseous. The vertigo is pretty much gone now after taking an antihistimine during the night - but I'm still a but dizzy, tired and nauseous. I hate wasting a day home alone, I'm so tempted to do some cleaning - but I know I should just rest.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Get well soon, everyone!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Leeann - one of my friends just recommended that I have some peppermint to help with the nausea. I'm making some tea and hopefully that will help. Sorry you're sick, too.

I've been sort of working from home but am just so tired and gross feeling. Ugh.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning!

Just want to take a moment to brag about my awesome boyfriend yet again. He hates mornings and hates running, but he got up at 5:10am this morning to go for a run with me. Yep, he loves me!

Calories: Over
    Water: 113.1 oz.
    Exercise: Ran 2.1 miles, walked 0.5 miles for a burn of 393 calories.
    Proud: That I got up at 5:15am to run before work!

Oh, and a lady I volunteer with told me that she and her sister signed up for the Iron Girl Duathlon in the Twin Cities. It's one I was considering, so I may have to do it. I'm going to give my bike a whirl this weekend to see if the hand still goes numb from riding and if it doesn't, I'm going to move my Duathlon goal from 2012 to 2011.

I am also planning to do a 1/4 marathon on Saturday morning. It will be my longest distance (just over a 10k distance) yet. I'm a little nervous but I *know* I can finish it and run the whole thing. The sweet thing is there's a pancake feed (free to runners!) afterward....now that's motivation!

Allison and Leann: Feel better soon!

Have a great day, ladies!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm back at work today and feeling better, but not 100%. I'm leaving shortly because my daughter it having her senior pictures taken, then I was hoping to try going to a step class but I just got a call from my hubby that his car broke down (again) ... and he works just over an hour away. So it looks like I will be driving to pick him up - fun, fun. So much for getting to my workout.
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Heather: you're always so positive and upbeat. Your posts always make me smile. Yo go for that duathalon and the 1/4 marathon!

I'm back at work today, though with the shades drawn (it's like I'm in a cave) and a lot of breaks. Still feeling nauseated and light-sensitive from the migraine yesterday. Trying to keep the food in check because I eat what sounds good when I get sick, not necessarily what's best for me. I managed to stay under yesterday and am hoping for a repeat of that today, but we'll see.

WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE?!?!!?!?
  • Momma24
    Options
    One of my many wake up calls happened today. I really need to listen.....................................

I was having lunch with my daughter. I finished my lunch and she was still eating but decided she was done before she ate it all. I look at it and ask, " Are you done?" "Yes" she answers me. So I start to reach over and grab some of it and she turns it to me and asks, "Do you want it?" I say " I shouldn't but maybe I will" She says "Maybe you shouldn't, I always feel really bad when I offer you food" WOW I should be ashamed I make my kid feel bad because she gives me food. Not because she is being mean but because she is worried about my health and I eat too much. My husband and his comment a few weeks ago and now my child. They REALLY REALLY REALLY want me to lose weight and are afraid of hurting my feelings. Maybe I need some tough love
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel better !!

Momma - YOu can do it.

well we decided that we are just going to stick with what we got, just can't swring really to do a gym membership + my anytime fitness membership, and the day care at the gym is extra (where it wouldn't be).

I have been doing fairly good this week, TOM is still around the corner,
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Allison and Leann (right?) -- I hope you both feel 100% better tomorrow!

Momma -- You can do this!! And I can, too! I have got to get my butt back in gear! I haven't lost any weight in over a week & that's ridiculous! With the way I've been eating I'm actually lucky I haven't gained several pounds.

Deb -- I hope the scale rewards your efforts tomorrow!

I *will* remember to weigh in tomorrow. I hope. :tongue:
  • purpleprose
    Options
    I'll kick off the Friday weigh-in

Allison............-1.8.........0.88%

And as for August goals:

*Getting under 200: I am so freaking close. Just about 3 pounds.
    *30DS every day I'm not working out with my trainer: Would be better if I hadn't been sick two days this week. I've been good about it when I haven't been sick, though.
    *No night snacking! Generally doing okay with this. Had a few things late last night but it was because the nausea finally started to wear off.
    *2 - 3 runs per week: I ran Saturday and Tuesday and will go again tomorrow.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Allison............-1.8.........0.88%
    Heather.........+3............0.00%

I'm not worried about my gain. It's part of the same four pounds I've been bouncing around for over a month now. Frustrating but I've certainly been there before.

August goals:
    Running: I've run twice this week, totaling 3.1 miles (5k!) and have 6.55 miles lined up for tomorrow.
    Riding: I rode last Friday and plan on riding this Sunday
    Soda: Only 56 oz. for the entire week. I used to drink a minimum of 40 oz. per day, so I'd say this has been successful!
    Water Intake: 511 oz this week so far. That's just under 4 gallons. Anyone else remember when I couldn't get my 64 oz. per day? Awesomeness.

Calories: Over! Damn curly friends. The thing is, I hadn't had them in probably six years but since Arby's discontinued the loaded potato bites, I got the fries with my sandwich and found out after that they're MORE calories than the potato bites were and they suck. I have no desire to have them again (probably ever). Seriously, so not worth it.
    Water: 159.7 oz....apparently I was thirsty yesterday.
    Exercise: Ran 1 mile, walked 1 mile and 35 minutes of bareback horseback riding (not my horse, so doesn't count for goals above).
    Proud: Nate has commented on how soft my skin is now that I've been drinking more water again. I also think showering twice a day might have something to do with it (one shower after my workout in the morning and one shower after volunteering at night).
  • Momma24
    Options
    ****************WARNING RAMBLING AND VENTING FROM A CRAZY MOTHER AHEAD***********************

Sorry I did not weigh in today. I think I am going to take a pass on the scale for a couple of weeks any way with all that is going on. My oldest daughter as you all know is moving next week to live on her college campus. She will be living nearly 2 hours away. I am a Californian and we measure distance by time not miles that would be me driving as fast as I could and hoping there is no traffic in the bay area time frame;) Back to the subject, she had a concerning mole we had it removed this week. Last night I got a call from her regular doctor who called to tell me that her routine blood work came back and she was wondering if my daughter bruises easily. I said Yes and she said I need her to re due her blood work and I will be requesting some more tests. Okay scare me half to death. NEVER NEVER look up possible reasons for your test results... I made that mistake and it scared me even further. I have taken 3 of my 4 children for physicals and each one has had some test result that requires a follow up, is it just to scare me or make me get grey hair? I am wondering how much more stress we can handle. My husband does not do well with stress and even though we are not "fighting" we are getting quite irritated with each other. I am not sure I have ever had to apologize to him as much in 18 years as I have in the last 2 weeks and same with him to me. My youngest daughter is NOT getting a physical until September I don't think I could handle another one right now. My son needs to go to the surgical center to get a bunch of dental work done. I NEVER let my children drink juice, eat fruit is my theory don't drink it. So this last year at school he was taking a lunch and it was easier to send him a juice box. Big mistake he is the only one of my children that had cavities and he is the only one who drank a juice box every day. STRESS is trying to get me. I won't let it..............I think!

Sorry for the vent I am going to relax, pray, and clean my house! Talk to you all later.