No more soda

Options

Replies

• ipmac22
    ipmac22 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I switched to diet and really didn't like the taste, and then went to the flavored/sweetened sparkling waters, then switched to all out non-sweetened seltzers. It was a gradual progression, but in the end, I'm very happy with seltzer now and gives me the same satisfaction of the carbonation. I don't miss regular soda.
  • SupremeFitness96
    SupremeFitness96 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't really drink soda much anymore. I mostly drink water (a lot) and tea. But every now and then I might cheat and drink me a Sprite or Dr. Pepper
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I quit the habitual use of carbonated beverages 35 years ago. I've occasionally had once since, but habitually now I drink coffee and tea.
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Okay I admit it I love soda lol
    Mostly I give it up I allow myself a treat of it once in awhile maybe once or twice a month allow myself to have some but real soda not the diet sorry I cannot stand the taste of diet soda I've tried several brands to me they all taste nasty and not like real soda. I don't mean any offense those that like diet soda we all have our different tastes. But I'll admit it was hard to give it up because at one time in my life I drink nothing but soda nothing else and it was one of the hardest things for me to do give it up I think that's why I got myself answer twice a month no more than that sometimes I you even skip a month. Best wishes if you're trying to to stop drinking soda.

• sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I haven't stoppe and I've lost around 50 lbs.
    Wish I liked diet pop, I'd be drinking it alllll the time!!
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Actually I didn't stop drinking soda because of the weight lose issue it's because I'm diabetic too much sugar. So I for a Treat once or twice a month doesn't hurt the sugar level as much if it's one soda then drinking it all the time for me.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I am trying to give up Diet Coke, too, because I normally drink the caffeine free, which isn't available a lot of places, so then I have regular Diet Coke and I think it bothers my breathing if I have too much. Just trying to drink a lot more water.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm just not that into soda. I first quit it when I was 12 yrs old. I was drinking it one day and thinking how I didn't even like it. So just for fun I decided to see how long I could go without having it again. Waited until 14! I generally have it about 4 or 5 times a year now. I like some craft sodas. Maine Root, for example, makes a root beer that I like. The mainstream stuff is just not good to me though. Makes me feel sick.

Why did you quit?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    Why are you quitting it OP?

Anyway, if you have decided to, for whatever reason, good luck to you.

Myself, No, not quitting it - I have a diet soda now and then, equivalent of about 2 or 3 cans per week. and very occasionally a non diet one.

No issues with weight loss or caffeine or cost or any other reason to give up, for me.