No more soda

Options

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I keep quitting soda for the caffiene. It never lasts long.
  • porcelanmermaid
    porcelanmermaid Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am horrible with pop (Michigan soda=pop) I work at a bar/bowling alley and I easily would drink 4-6 large (24oz) Pepsi's in one 7 hour shift. More if I worked a double. Plus a double shot of Yukon after every shift which gets chased with more Pepsi. I started drinking soda water with lemon and now I only drink regular water it's been a few weeks since I slipped up and grabbed a Pepsi from the fountain and the last time I did it was way to sweet and I couldn't finish it.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I am horrible with pop (Michigan soda=pop) I work at a bar/bowling alley and I easily would drink 4-6 large (24oz) Pepsi's in one 7 hour shift. More if I worked a double. Plus a double shot of Yukon after every shift which gets chased with more Pepsi. I started drinking soda water with lemon and now I only drink regular water it's been a few weeks since I slipped up and grabbed a Pepsi from the fountain and the last time I did it was way to sweet and I couldn't finish it.

is that regular or diet pepsi? if regular, that is like 1200-2000 calories in just the pepsi!
  • escholwinjr
    escholwinjr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking soda 5 months ago, but switched to arizona green tea. Not better, but definitely less sugar. Pepsi Zero tastes pretty good if you ever need a soda kick with the fizz. Good luck in stopping!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I quit drinking full sugar soda 5.5 years ago save for about once per year when I take my kids to the pumpkin farm and me and my oldest share a sarasparilla that they make in house on the farm.

I drink a Fresca for lunch most days and that's what I also typically use as a mixer for vodka cocktails.

I didn't have anything soda wise for a very long time as I do not like most diet sodas I've tried...but I discovered black cherry citrus Fresca and it's a nice break from water.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I quit soda in 2012. Drinking it all the time is a habit I'm glad I quit. The taste was good but not worth the extra calories and sugar, and it used to mess up my stomach all the time too. Water is so much more refreshing.