Success pictures of women who started at 300lbs

12345679»

Replies

• adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Just started ten days ago, you ladies are doing fantastic! Lost 3 lbs my first week, about 60 more to go. Feeling great
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    lbcgirl25 wrote: »
    I agree with the above..the coolest thing about my 100 pound loss was that it started as a diet and evolved organically into a whole new lifestyle...relax and let the process work. Trust the process.

This! Thought I'd add mine, started 292, currently 175. Hoping to get down to 155ish, I'm 5'6", bottom heavy as you can see :) I kept the first 100 off for 3 years, then had 3 pregnancies (1 birth), took a toll on my body but I made it through and have dropped an additional 17 since then.

My all time best advice...SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE! Seriously. Just don't give up, ever. That's it. That's the secret. There's no "starting over", there's just living. Find exercise & food you enjoy, or you'll never stay with it. Don't eliminate food groups (unless medically necessary) or deprive yourself. Don't binge then deprive, everything in moderation. Best of luck to all of you lovely people!

o6z3iytqu2tc.jpg
    n5mcon1ptvve.jpg
    qfyqxau93x5m.jpg

Way to go...excellent work!
  • malisamj3
    malisamj3 Posts: 1 Member
    These pics are amazingly encouraging. Did anyone get loose skin?
  • Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    I agree with the above..the coolest thing about my 100 pound loss was that it started as a diet and evolved organically into a whole new lifestyle...relax and let the process work. Trust the process.

This! Thought I'd add mine, started 292, currently 175. Hoping to get down to 155ish, I'm 5'6", bottom heavy as you can see :) I kept the first 100 off for 3 years, then had 3 pregnancies (1 birth), took a toll on my body but I made it through and have dropped an additional 17 since then.

My all time best advice...SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE! Seriously. Just don't give up, ever. That's it. That's the secret. There's no "starting over", there's just living. Find exercise & food you enjoy, or you'll never stay with it. Don't eliminate food groups (unless medically necessary) or deprive yourself. Don't binge then deprive, everything in moderation. Best of luck to all of you lovely people!

o6z3iytqu2tc.jpg
    n5mcon1ptvve.jpg
    qfyqxau93x5m.jpg

o6z3iytqu2tc.jpg
    n5mcon1ptvve.jpg
    qfyqxau93x5m.jpg
    Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing. You're amazing. Actually all of you are so wonderful.
  • Bchlvr64
    Thank you everyone for posting your pictures definitely inspirational. I'm currently on my own weight loss journey. I started at 349 at the beginning of the year and now I'm down 49lbs. Thank you to whoever made this post. Makes me want to keep going and never give up. You guys are my heroes, thank you:)

I agree. Congrats to you too.
  • lbcgirl25
    lbcgirl25 Posts: 15 Member
    malisamj3 wrote: »

Yes, a lot of loose skin here. It's genetic & has to do with skin elasticity. Some people can shrink and look like they were never overweight, I looK more like a deflated balloon :/ But, I wouldn't trade it for being obese and hiding in the shadows again!

I did EVERYTHING - skin brushing daily for a year, lost my weight slowly over a few years, always did strength training and tons of water intake, massaged avocado oil in. But you can't fix stretched skin if you have poor elasticity.

I had lost all my weight off my abdomen, that's the first place it left for me. 1 year ago I had an extended tummy tuck, tough recovery but SO worth it. Once I'm done paying it off I'll be doing a brachioplasty (arms), they are my 2nd worst skin issue. Then in time, my thighs.

All worth it, and it may not be that way for you :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    malisamj3 wrote: »

Yes, a lot of loose skin here. It's genetic & has to do with skin elasticity. Some people can shrink and look like they were never overweight, I looK more like a deflated balloon :/ But, I wouldn't trade it for being obese and hiding in the shadows again!

I did EVERYTHING - skin brushing daily for a year, lost my weight slowly over a few years, always did strength training and tons of water intake, massaged avocado oil in. But you can't fix stretched skin if you have poor elasticity.

I had lost all my weight off my abdomen, that's the first place it left for me. 1 year ago I had an extended tummy tuck, tough recovery but SO worth it. Once I'm done paying it off I'll be doing a brachioplasty (arms), they are my 2nd worst skin issue. Then in time, my thighs.

All worth it, and it may not be that way for you :)

I also have some loose skin. My legs look great (surprisingly to me) and lower abdomen is fairly flat with a bit looser skin but stretched taut enough across my hips that I am very happy with its appearance. My worst area is just above navel where I still have a spare tire but it's like going from a semi truck tire to a bicycle tire so I don't mind. My upper arms I have some loose skin especially near the armpit area, easily disguised with clothing but I won't be wearing tanks any time soon. I'm not interested in surgery, personally. And I did nothing to prevent loose skin, no weight training or special massaging or skin brushing, etc. I did stay hydrated always. Everyone is different!

FTR I believe I may have more loose skin than some due to genetics as mentioned but also because I was 180 lb even at 14 years old, and 260+ for most of my 20s and into my 30s. So I carried that weight for many many years. I have noticed some women who maybe gained 40 lb in their thirties and then lost it, after previously being thin/average, have little to no loose skin.

Like most, I prefer the loose skin to the excess weight and feel it's an easy trade off.

• Bchlvr64
    2008, age 32...down about 10 lb from my highest of 307 at the time

dosqlhtjzm3h.jpg

2018, age 41...176 lb, currently at 171 (I'm in maintenance for several years now but aiming for my 165-170 range where I feel and look best)

yrjqfpxljgcs.jpg

November 2017, age 41 and 170s

16hvr3j3mmbb.jpg

Gorgeous and inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!