New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    For those that shop at Grocery Outlet they had two flavors of Skinny Cow pints (at least at the store I shop at). I think the price was either around $1.50-$2.50.

Has anyone ever tried this?

OTF600999S.jpg

Grocery Outlet had this for around $6.99, but I didn't want to spend that much money without reading reviews.

I haven't tried that flavor specifically, but I've had A BUNCH of other types stuffed chicken breasts from Barber Foods and have yet to be disappointed. I think they all taste great and are worth picking up! My family's favorite is the Cordon Bleu with ham and cheese, but that's only because my family won't touch a lot of vegetables. I give them two thumbs up, though!

I'm pretty excited about these... just wish there were more interesting flavors besides vanilla and chocolate but I guess they have to start somewhere...
    d4wrb91tqu90.png

I love Skinny Cow,I'll hafta look for these
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    For those following Cracker Barrel's new southern style bowls, the numbers are in! (https://crackerbarrel.com/menu/seasonal/~/media//CrackerBarrel/Nutrition/nutrition_guide.pdf)

Fortunately, I was WAY off (probably why I have such a hard time eating out restaurants without nutritional information posted).
    The fried chicken benedict bowl has 1,260 calories! It's their highest calorie bowl out of the three southern style bowls, but that's not TOO bad! Still too much for me so I won't be trying it, but it could have been a lot worse. @Francl27 you were so darn close with this, you need to teach me how to get better with guesstimating calories!!!
    f3dxekkl73gt.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    For those that shop at Grocery Outlet they had two flavors of Skinny Cow pints (at least at the store I shop at). I think the price was either around $1.50-$2.50.

Has anyone ever tried this?

OTF600999S.jpg

Grocery Outlet had this for around $6.99, but I didn't want to spend that much money without reading reviews.

I haven't tried that flavor specifically, but I've had A BUNCH of other types stuffed chicken breasts from Barber Foods and have yet to be disappointed. I think they all taste great and are worth picking up! My family's favorite is the Cordon Bleu with ham and cheese, but that's only because my family won't touch a lot of vegetables. I give them two thumbs up, though!

I'm pretty excited about these... just wish there were more interesting flavors besides vanilla and chocolate but I guess they have to start somewhere...
    d4wrb91tqu90.png

8g of protein for 180 calories and they call that 'protein' ice cream LOL.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Mother of all things probably terrible for you yet insanely delicious sounding...

scyh8hb40c5g.png

They should really put calories on those announcements, lol! I'm guessing 1600 calories or something?

Eggs benedict can be close to 1,600 calories alone depending on how much hollandaise sauce is used, and that's normally with an english muffin which has a lot less calories than a biscuit. Add to that some fried chicken and hash, I'm guessing 2,000-3,000 calories... I wrote to them so once I hear back if they tell me I'll let you know xD

No way. As pictured, that's 1200ish at the most.
    For those following Cracker Barrel's new southern style bowls, the numbers are in! (https://crackerbarrel.com/menu/seasonal/~/media//CrackerBarrel/Nutrition/nutrition_guide.pdf)

Fortunately, I was WAY off (probably why I have such a hard time eating out restaurants without nutritional information posted).
    The fried chicken benedict bowl has 1,260 calories! It's their highest calorie bowl out of the three southern style bowls, but that's not TOO bad! Still too much for me so I won't be trying it, but it could have been a lot worse. @Francl27 you were so darn close with this, you need to teach me how to get better with guesstimating calories!!!
    f3dxekkl73gt.png

#nailedit
  • hgycta
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

f3dxekkl73gt.png

5 years of weighing and counting calories, man. LOL.

I’ve been doing it for around 6 years now and I’m still terrible at it, I’m doomed to this way of life forever at this point haha you could probably make a bunch of money having seminars teaching people how to do it, obviously you know something I don’t even after all this time :p
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I picked up Outshine's new blueberry acai frozen yogurt and granola pint. Mixed feelings on this - tastewise, I like it. There are a ton of granola pieces, almost as much granola per bite as frozen yogurt. The blueberry acai flavor works well with that. However, the texture is very icy, not smooth like Yasso's pints. The lots of granola makes up for that a bit, but it's still noticeably icy.
    aff7mxe34190.jpg
  • hgycta
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I picked up Outshine's new blueberry acai frozen yogurt and granola pint. Mixed feelings on this - tastewise, I like it. There are a ton of granola pieces, almost as much granola per bite as frozen yogurt. The blueberry acai flavor works well with that. However, the texture is very icy, not smooth like Yasso's pints. The lots of granola makes up for that a bit, but it's still noticeably icy.
    aff7mxe34190.jpg

I didn't try the ones with granola bits but I tried the Lemon Outshine pint and thought it tastes exactly like Sorbet. It was good and I enjoyed it at first. I didn't find it really icy, perhaps your pint had some freezer burn going on? 360 calories for the pint I had but I definitely couldn't finish that entire container like I normally do with Halo Top/Enlightened because it was so SWEET and sour. My mouth hurt after having half of it, I needed some pure 90% dark chocolate afterwards to balance out how awfully sweet it was. I'm never getting that one again!

Was this flavor also sickeningly sweet or is it something you finished in one sitting? I imagine blueberry wouldn't be as upfront, sour, and sweet as lemon, but you never know. Did the granola add a lot of calories? How many calories were in the entire pint? Experience tells me that granola are one of those deceptive things that you'd expect to be diet-friendly but are packed with more fat and sugar than mot people realize... Still, I *might* consider trying it if it isn't more than 450 calories. After that I draw the line haha

EDIT: I thought it was Outshine, but I went to my camera roll (I take pictures of everything) and it says Whole Fruit... I could have sworn they were the same brand, maybe they’re not? They seem like the same type of product so I have no clue now! (and no that isn't a white plastic protective film, it was really filled to the rim that much and was super smooth across the top!)
    bamlqxnodds5.jpeg
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    aff7mxe34190.jpg

I didn't try the ones with granola bits but I tried the Lemon Outshine pint and thought it tastes exactly like Sorbet. It was good and I enjoyed it at first. I didn't find it really icy, perhaps your pint had some freezer burn going on? 360 calories for the pint I had but I definitely couldn't finish that entire container like I normally do with Halo Top/Enlightened because it was so SWEET and sour. My mouth hurt after having half of it, I needed some pure 90% dark chocolate afterwards to balance out how awfully sweet it was. I'm never getting that one again!

Was this flavor also sickeningly sweet or is it something you finished in one sitting? I imagine blueberry wouldn't be as upfront, sour, and sweet as lemon, but you never know. Did the granola add a lot of calories? How many calories were in the entire pint? Experience tells me that granola are one of those deceptive things that you'd expect to be diet-friendly but are packed with more fat and sugar than mot people realize... Still, I *might* consider trying it if it isn't more than 450 calories. After that I draw the line haha

EDIT: I thought it was Outshine, but I went to my camera roll (I take pictures of everything) and it says Whole Fruit... I could have sworn they were the same brand, maybe they’re not? They seem like the same type of product so I have no clue now! (and no that isn't a white plastic protective film, it was really filled to the rim that much and was super smooth across the top!)
    bamlqxnodds5.jpeg

It wasn't too sweet, more of a mild blueberry flavor. The granola pieces weren't clusters so they don't add too many calories, they were broken up granola pieces. That said, a 1/2 cup serving is 140 calories - the whole pint is listed as 3.5 servings so 490 for the pint. I only had a half cup serving as I've got tons of other ice cream and frozen yogurts to work on!

Outshine does have some fruit banana based sorbets that they just came out with too, though I haven't picked any up. They do look similar to the one you tried!
  • MGee65
    MGee65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Best to make home made protein snacks where you decide how much sweet you want. check out " thebigmansworld" home made protein bars and lots of chocolate and deserts.

What about natural protein snacks?
    There are some great ideas for recipes in diet doctor a low carb high fat diet.
    It works for weight loss if that is what you are aiming for. worth a look.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Lord help me...
    75q4v0u0khzt.jpeg

Yes.

Yes, I most definitely will eat these.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Lord help me...
    75q4v0u0khzt.jpeg

Yes.

Looks like they'll be rolling out in May 2018, I'll be keeping my eyes out for them!

Also saw this on The Impulsive Buy's website... Safeway is completely out of the way for me and last time I went they had just about no ice cream left in stock for some reason so I won't be making a special trip, but I went online to look up the brand and it looks like Target also carries them... and the locator says they're in stock at the store closest to my house! Now, how accurate those store locator tools actually are is beyond me, but I'll be looking for it next time I'm there!

If anyone beats me to it let me know how they are!

09orrj9uojaz.png
    urxch7xsv4bh.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    @hgycta *ahem* Were you aware of Market Pantry's Cotton Candy ice cream?

(Probably but I saw it and thought of you :))
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

No... but if it’s bigger than a pint and regular calories I can’t let myself get it because I WILL sit down, eat it all in one sitting, have no regrets until I wake up the next day and hate myself for it :’)

Dubba reviewed one of the Arctic Zero pints.

http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2018/03/arctic-zero-light-ice-cream-review.html
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

No... but if it’s bigger than a pint and regular calories I can’t let myself get it because I WILL sit down, eat it all in one sitting, have no regrets until I wake up the next day and hate myself for it :’)

Dubba reviewed one of the Arctic Zero pints.

http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2018/03/arctic-zero-light-ice-cream-review.html

Nicely surprised. Will check those out when they get on sale if I ever find them (that's a lot of 'ifs').
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Lord help me...
    75q4v0u0khzt.jpeg

Yes.

I'm not even much of a chip guy. But this has been a dream of mine for several decades. Could be a total game-changer for fajita night.