Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Has anyone got any high volume breakfast recipes? I love this thread BTW I’m a huge volume eater!

1 bag of spinach - sautéed with a spray of Pam and couple spoonfuls of salsa
    egg whites - scrambled with fat free cheese, red onion, red pepper, and bacon bits
    serve with fruit if desired.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Aerocrazd wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    My lunches this week. I got a whole case of this when I saw it on sale, because I love this flavour. Whole can of this for lunch everyday with a whole zucchini zoodles. Loads of food for 300cal and very filling.

ProdImage_CurriedCauli_Eng.png

That soup looks amazing. It doesn't look like they offer it in the U.S. Such a shame.

That just broke my heart. Love curried soups. :'(
  • WMLizard
    WMLizard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am usually a volume eater! Right now I'm about 18 weeks pregnant, and my problem is that I can't eat that way anymore and it's driving me nuts. I feel like I'm eating constantly and rarely stay full for more than an hour. By hour 2 I'm hungry again. Quite a few times I've made a plate based on that "starving" feeling and then found myself unable to finish it. I never thought I'd have a problem with being hungry when eating 1,000 calories a day more than I used to eat (was on about 1,200 trying to lose before discovering the pregnancy).
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    I've been really liking those flavored pork loins lately. Today I made one with only 110 cal for 4oz so I had an extra large 10oz baked potato ( I don't usually have a meal like this) but I couldn't eat all the potato & some broccoli . Feel like I ate 2 meals at one sitting
  • lucysteen5
    lucysteen5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think volume eating is a great way to eat to stop hunger. It helps me reduce my calories without being hungry.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I do my own version of volume eating, but I end up with like 60grams+ of fiber a day! Don't ya'll worry about malformation with all the fiber? Then again, its the usda that has the fiber totals, I have noticed that Canada does not. HMMMM.......
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I do my own version of volume eating, but I end up with like 60grams+ of fiber a day! Don't ya'll worry about malformation with all the fiber? Then again, its the usda that has the fiber totals, I have noticed that Canada does not. HMMMM.......

I don’t worry about fiber one bit, and I’m closer to 75g per day. Not sure what you mean by malformation.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    sorry typo, mal-absorption
    nowine4me wrote: »

I don’t worry about fiber one bit, and I’m closer to 75g per day. Not sure what you mean by malformation.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »

No I get 100+ a day. I used to get 150ish when I was obsessed with quest bars and have never had issues.
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    So glad I came into this thread as I've lowered my calorie allowance yesterday and struggled quite a bit with not feeling satisfied.

For my lunches I've been unknowingly volume eating with veg (I'm also currently in love with mushy peas <3 as a low carb side/addition to bulk up my meals) but I need to experiment more to keep things exciting and try and cut down on the snacking by making veggie volume even bigger!

I think using fresh rather than frozen veg will help so when i weigh it there will be more accuracy.

I've got some great ideas from this thread now- thanks!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    babysaffy wrote: »
    So glad I came into this thread as I've lowered my calorie allowance yesterday and struggled quite a bit with not feeling satisfied.

For my lunches I've been unknowingly volume eating with veg (I'm also currently in love with mushy peas <3 as a low carb side/addition to bulk up my meals) but I need to experiment more to keep things exciting and try and cut down on the snacking by making veggie volume even bigger!

I think using fresh rather than frozen veg will help so when i weigh it there will be more accuracy.

I've got some great ideas from this thread now- thanks!!

You can still be accurate with frozen as well.

If it's a frozen variety that you steam in bag I weigh the whole product in the bag first & then weigh the bag separately to subtract the bag weight from the beginning total.

If its one that you just heat in the microwave sans the bag I just weigh out the portion I want in grams & then input that total in the diary.