Replies

• krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options

17/24

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    22/46 - another great day! I have found some new foods that I have been hesitant to try (ie cauliflower rice) but is actually really good! I have found lots of good substitutes for all the sugary foods I love that are good and healthier! YAY!
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options

18/25

• carlsoda
    Options
    Yesterday went down hill, ended up getting a migraine and was doing fine food wise until I got too hungry. I do think I balanced carb cravings and feeling sick and weak pretty well though.
    22/46 days
  • carlsoda
    Options
    23/46 days - good day yesterday!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Utter fail yesterday. I got too hungry and blew it.

How is everyone else doing?
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Broke on the no takeaway due to being with my grandmother and her not having food in her house and a working stove/oven (there was a small fire). She's getting ready to move into a nursing home and doesn't to keep excess food in the house. So, I had pizza last night. I almost broke on the no ice cream bit due to the emotional stress. I am barely hanging on most days, but still here. Take care everyone, we are basically at the halfway point.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Broke on the no takeaway due to being with my grandmother and her not having food in her house and a working stove/oven (there was a small fire). She's getting ready to move into a nursing home and doesn't to keep excess food in the house. So, I had pizza last night. I almost broke on the no ice cream bit due to the emotional stress. I am barely hanging on most days, but still here. Take care everyone, we are basically at the halfway point.

You definitely deserve a pass for yesterday! You did a good deed looking after your grandma!! :) Definitely worth having pizza to visit with her!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    24/46 days - yesterday back on track!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    25/46 days - another good day!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    26/46 days - yup! another good day!
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have been off track the last few days due to being overwhelmed with moving my grandmother into a nursing home. It is not something either of us wanted to have happen, but it is what it is. By mid-week I should be fully back into the swing of things again.
  • RoushelleP
    RoushelleP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Checking in... Still doing well with everything.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    We had some friends over today. One of them is moving away, so it was a good-bye party of sorts. I still ate vegan, but I had some chips. None of the ingredients break the rules of Orthodox Lent (to my knowledge), but I still feel guilty about it. I really wanted a glass of Coke, but I didn't have any.
    I have discovered several good vegan recipes that I would like to include in my regular diet.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Have not been checking in regularly, but have done well in observing my lent commitments: doing all the runs in my training plan, showing more patience with my children and prayers with them in the evening. I have to admit, the patience one has been the most challenging! Have really enjoyed the positivity of this challenge and incorporating it with Lent. To all of you observing Palm Sunday, best wishes for a peaceful day!!
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    It's the final week of Lent for me. It's definitely a challenge at this point. The final week does not allow any cooked foods or oil. Only fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. Also, only water on Friday and Saturday. I expect I'll be really hungry come Sunday morning.