No more soda

Options

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I went on a health kick about 6 years ago and cut out all sodas, substituting water in its place. I craved it at the beginning since I was drinking a 2 litre bottle every day. About six months after I cut it out, I was running errands with my daughter on a very hot day. We pulled into McDonalds drive thru and ordered 2 large cokes since they were only a buck each. I took one sip out of mine and couldn't drink anymore. All I tasted was a mouthful of chemicals. I was astonished how disgusting it tasted. Since then I haven't been able to "enjoy" a soda. Over the last six years I've tried it maybe 3 or 4 times but each time I hated it. I try to drink 8 cups of water a day and 4 cups of herbal tea. Gave up the coffee in December when I had a terrible bout of stomach flu. Love how much money I'm saving now!

I'd be worried if there wasn't chemicals in your coke, it'd be a vacuum else.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Hi Shouty! Happy Sunday!
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    All I tasted was a mouthful of chemicals.

That's food for you, made up of chemicals.

• phoebe1975
    phoebe1975 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    phoebe1975 wrote: »
    I quit drinking diet coke because I did not want any addictions...and trust me I was addicted! I know this may be hard for some to believe, but I actually had severe headaches and even felt sick to my stomach every time I tried to stop. Maybe I am just more sensitive to caffeine than others, but the withdrawal was so bad. I sympathize with anyone who has to go through that! I see a lot of people on here do not think caffeine withdrawal is a thing...I am here to tell you it IS a thing lol!

I get a three day headache when I quit caffeine. I haven't seen anyone on these boards argue against giving up caffeine as a source of withdrawal symptoms.

Exactly what I experienced! It is really terrible!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    phoebe1975 wrote: »
    I quit drinking diet coke because I did not want any addictions...and trust me I was addicted! I know this may be hard for some to believe, but I actually had severe headaches and even felt sick to my stomach every time I tried to stop. Maybe I am just more sensitive to caffeine than others, but the withdrawal was so bad. I sympathize with anyone who has to go through that! I see a lot of people on here do not think caffeine withdrawal is a thing...I am here to tell you it IS a thing lol!

I get a three day headache when I quit caffeine. I haven't seen anyone on these boards argue against giving up caffeine as a source of withdrawal symptoms.
    That's why I won't quit caffeine. :D