Missed Connections - Why haven't they replied to PM :(

Options

Replies

• projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Official response from Nova and MFP is that they are aware of this challenge and working on a resolution.

Nova wrote:
    MAR 27, 2018 | 07:20AM PDT
    Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. There is currently a limitation in our system disabling users from receiving private messages from members who are not already on their friend's list.

Until we get this resolved, we encourage you to send a friend request before messaging another member.

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other problems or questions.

All the best,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Interesting. I wonder if the affects all of the people I deleted off of my FL too if I had messaged them in the past.

Great question! I'm fairly confident from my own experience that if you've messaged them before and they've messaged you back on the account you're on, you can still communicate 2-way despite them no longer being on your FL. I can communicate to everyone as I don't have anybody on my FL as long as that 2-way (both people send PMs) communication happens.

From a technical standpoint, my brain is telling me that if they were on your FL previously but you never spoke, this bug would affect you and if you sent a PM to one of them, they would not receive it but I can't confirm that.

Hope that helps? Maybe? :p
  • projectsix
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Based on their reply this does NOT affect friend requests so if someone says they sent you a friend request and you didn't receive it, they probably drink too much.

Or you do, and drunk declined

Can someone please call an ambulance? I've developed 3rd degree burns.

I love where your priorities are. You always, alwaysssssss post your chaos on MFP prior to actually dealing with it! Kudos! :star:

Much like the taking time to check into the hospital via Facebook 'check in' and post how your head is hanging on by an artery before actually going TO the hospital.

Awww thanks.. Wait what? :D

Edit: 'What?' to current.

Crap, that sounded snotty. No I meant it was just like MFP to talk about burns (not actual) and how someone should call an ambulance for you. I just made this more confusing. :lol:

I was joking with you though.

Well that makes me feel better. Let's hug now. I was doing cardio at the time and really moving so I was trying to grasp what the hell was happening in this post and it was breaking my brain. Holy overthinking Batman!

Thought process:

Me: What? What chaos? Wait let me read that again.
    Me: I do not understand this post, I have no chaos. I feel like my life is actually pretty really well in order for once.
    Me: How would this person know my chaos anyw..
    Me: WTF? Who is that?! What does she mean "always" .. stalker alert?
    Me: Oh ffs is this day going to be a ..

Also, not sure if you picked up on this but my "burns" were due to Versi ripping into me good because I denied her friend request like I do everyone cause I have no friends list. I think that contributed to the confusion. :p
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm going to randomly send FRs and PMs...just for giggles.
  • DaylightDuchess
    DaylightDuchess Posts: 251 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    No one cool ever messages me... I get stuck with the creeps and weirdos....and not the good kind.

That's what happens when you friend request me, the human stew is real. :ohwell:

So why do you leave friend requests in limbo, if that's what you mean?

It's a power trip.

Hey, whoa now. That's only *partly* it. :bigsmile:

The other part is that I'm a fragile flower that needs protection. That why* I keep you around, to bully the others into playing nice with me. :flowerforyou:

*partly

I honestly wonder about this. In a real way. Are people really that way because they are fragile flowers ... Or are they just playing the fragile flower role too well reeling them all in. Honestly, does anyone really expect a "yes, your *kitten* looks fat in those pants" when they ask.

I don't know. I never ask that. ;)

Honestly, I just don't need friends much. The ones I have are people I genuinely like, and in most cases went far enough to converse with me via pm for awhile. That doesn't mean I don't like people, or that a request I haven't yet accepted is inferior...just means I am not the same as everyone else's process for adding. It takes me longer to get there.

I do admit I find the need for hundreds of friends funny though, and I'm not above poking fun. I bet you're shocked. :laugh:

Well upon my now defunct Facebook account, I had had 100 friends but that, was just because I accepted those that requested me as a friend, I didn't seek any there myself!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I
    Based on their reply this does NOT affect friend requests so if someone says they sent you a friend request and you didn't receive it, they probably drink too much.

I love where your priorities are. You always, alwaysssssss post your chaos on MFP prior to actually dealing with it! Kudos! :star:

Much like the taking time to check into the hospital via Facebook 'check in' and post how your head is hanging on by an artery before actually going TO the hospital.

Crap, that sounded snotty. No I meant it was just like MFP to talk about burns (not actual) and how someone should call an ambulance for you. I just made this more confusing. :lol:

Well that makes me feel better. Let's hug now. I was doing cardio at the time and really moving so I was trying to grasp what the hell was happening in this post and it was breaking my brain. Holy overthinking Batman!

Thought process:

Me: I do not understand this post, I have no chaos. I feel like my life is actually pretty really well in order for once.

Also, not sure if you picked up on this but my "burns" were due to Versi ripping into me good because I denied her friend request like I do everyone cause I have no friends list. I think that contributed to the confusion. :p

I knew you didn't mean burn literally, but I liked that you insinuated you were burned just badly enough that you needed an ambulance and because you were so busy talking about the burn you needed someone to call the ambulance for you. Think of a mfp question that goes "my head just split open and it's gushing blood. I ate a poptart too, so now I don't know what to do. PS I'm Keto." My first reaction is get off the internet and go to the ER. So while I knew you were joking, it just reminded me of something like that.

Are you more confused now? Because I kinda am! :lol:

• projectsix
    Options
    Hmmm maybe it’s MFP’s way of saying you spend too much time worrying about a fitness internet site and should go outside or start a conversation with someone in real life...or something.

You offering Toni cause you know I'll be there in 3 hours? If you bring your glutes on said outside outting.
  • projectsix
    Options
    I

Thought process:

I knew you didn't mean burn literally, but I liked that you insinuated you were burned just badly enough that you needed an ambulance and because you were so busy talking about the burn you needed someone to call the ambulance for you. Think of a mfp question that goes "my head just split open and it's gushing blood. I ate a poptart too, so now I don't know what to do. PS I'm Keto." My first reaction is get off the internet and go to the ER. So while I knew you were joking, it just reminded me of something like that.

Are you more confused now? Because I kinda am! :lol:

Actually yes I am. :D:D

Why are you doing this to me?
  • projectsix
    Options
    No one cool ever messages me... I get stuck with the creeps and weirdos....and not the good kind.

That's what happens when you friend request me, the human stew is real. :ohwell:

So why do you leave friend requests in limbo, if that's what you mean?

It's a power trip.

Hey, whoa now. That's only *partly* it. :bigsmile:

The other part is that I'm a fragile flower that needs protection. That why* I keep you around, to bully the others into playing nice with me. :flowerforyou:

*partly

oh please. We all know you are a weed.

@_Captivated_ will be coming for you to put you in line. :rage:

Ohhh shiii now you've gone and done it. I'm terrified of that woman!
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Zero friend requests. Zero messages. Sigh...

Sending a message
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings Posts: 5,545 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

New phone... who dis? Edited cuz I said it wrong... :D
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

New number... who dis?

s7txgf8wo5y2.jpg

Darn it! You quoted me before the edit...

It's chef!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    mmm now I have to invent a missed connection!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Do the mods get to read all the missing messages?

I bet they're all lies anyways.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hmmm maybe it’s MFP’s way of saying you spend too much time worrying about a fitness internet site and should go outside or start a conversation with someone in real life...or something.

You offering Toni cause you know I'll be there in 3 hours? If you bring your glutes on said outside outting.

Well I am a great conversationalist...but I prefer the glutes to be seen but not heard. Ya know, like most people’s children :wink:
  • projectsix
    Options
    Do the mods get to read all the missing messages?

I wondered this also if the messages were actually "lost" or stored somewhere not accessible by the receiver. I have absolutely no idea!
  • projectsix
    Options
    @tinak33 pm me?
  • projectsix
    Options
    happimes1 wrote: »
    @tinak33 pm me?

Should i get you a whistle and a clipboard?

Caauuuseeee.. I'm coaching her?
  • projectsix
    Options
    Your humour is too smart for me