bumpp
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yum ... sounds great. Thanks.
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    this looks delicous! thanks for the recipe, i'll be trying this for dinner tonight!
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Bump :) Sounds wonderful especially for a night I am cooking for just me. Thanks!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    sounds fantastic, can't wait to make this on my day off!
    Thanks
  • gokugohanpan
    Options
    I had a late night Saturday night, hanging out with friends, ruining my diet, drinking beers, etc, and didn't actually make it back to my house til about 3 pm Sunday. On the way home I stopped at Whole Foods and got some bean sprouts and shirataki noodles cause I wanted to try this recipe. I had never had either of the those two ingredients before, so I was a little nervous, and although I did alter the recipe a little given what I had available in the house, it was freaking good, and filling! I also had a pint of Arctic Zero ice cream. After I finished I was literally fuller than I have been in the past since four months (since I started on my lifestyle change), and all of it was under about 325 calories. I literally couldn't eat anything the rest of the day, which I know is horrible, but given the excess calories I had consumed late into the night the night before, I didn't feel as bad. Assuming I can find decent prices on the bean sprouts+noodles, I'm not sure if I can make this a staple in my diet or not, cause I'm not sure I can reach my daily calorie limit without eating like pure fat the rest the day!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Where was this last week? I went to the Asian market in my neighborhood, and they sell bean sprouts in these huge bags. I cooked 3 different recipes and still had a huge container left at the end of the week, so I just tossed it. I had no idea you could freeze them.

Anyway, I haven't tried this yet, but I've been getting creative with brown rice and rice noodles, and it's kind of fun to try new foods.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • funsizeme
    funsizeme Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I will be trying this, thanks!
  • CaroseH
    CaroseH Posts: 72
    Options
    bump for deliciousnesssssssssssss
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    *like*
  • mcrawley22
    mcrawley22 Posts: 128
    Options
    sounds delish!
  • SammieRae43
    SammieRae43 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BlessedMoon
    BlessedMoon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • belinda_b
    belinda_b Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I tried this and love it!. My new staple. Thank you!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yay to belindabyman and all the other folks who tried and liked this recipe!

This and my cauliflower mashed potatoes (using Cream of Mushroom soup) are my "go-to" meals when I want to feel full without consuming a bunch of calories.

Thanks for all the kind words!

-Chelle
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    bump, thanks!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    This looks like something I'd like to try. Thanks.
  • chapagonzo
    Options
    bumpy
  • jemko
    jemko Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Are the bean sprouts bought fresh in produce section or or they from a can.?? I have never eaten bean sprouts so am not sure.

They are fresh, from the produce section, and they're awesome. :)

Had these noodles in a veggie stir fry tonight for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised. I'll definitely try them this way next!