Replies

• bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bump
  • makpitt
    makpitt Posts: 18
    Options
    This sounds really easy and very good. Will try them. Thanks for the information.
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    bump
    This sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
  • sdechantal
    sdechantal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This sounds good - I am going to try it this weekend. Thanks!
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I did make this last evening, it was terrific! Thanks
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    i grow my own bean sprouts, for £3.50 i got 500g of seeds on ebay from a seller called the spiceworks
    i weigh out 30g and soak them over night, then i put them in a 2 litre plastic bottle with the top cut off, and place in the airing cupboard, twice a day i rinse them thoroughly, drain off excess water and after 4 days i have a bottle jam packed.

the ones you buy in shops are usually grown in a nutrient bath and fed growth enhancers.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Im going to try and find these noodles tomorrow i hope i can find them at my health food store as walmart doesn't carry them
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump! Gonna have to try this.
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    sounds good - might have to give it a try!
  • needhams
    needhams Posts: 16
    Options
    i am going to try sounds great I like feeling full too
    regards
    Needhams from England
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Saving for later -- sounds yummy!
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This is a delicious recipe that allows those of us who LOVE noodles to eat them guilt-free. I adjusted the sauce by cutting down on how much chicken base and reducd sodium soy sauce I used because of watching my sodium. I did add more water to the sauce and that helped cut down on the saltiness. In addition, I stir fried finely sliced green onion in with the noodles and bean sprouts. I served mine with a garnish of salt free dry roasted peanuts and chopped fresh cilantro leaves.....YUM! And, best of all as others have stated, NO FISHY taste after rinsing the noodles well in hot water before stir frying them.
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This was DELICIOUS and so versatile! You can add some peanuts and make it like a pad thai or veggies... meat... Thank you! This is a keeper and I am having trouble getting through this bowl!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i grow my own bean sprouts, for £3.50 i got 500g of seeds on ebay from a seller called the spiceworks
    i weigh out 30g and soak them over night, then i put them in a 2 litre plastic bottle with the top cut off, and place in the airing cupboard, twice a day i rinse them thoroughly, drain off excess water and after 4 days i have a bottle jam packed.

the ones you buy in shops are usually grown in a nutrient bath and fed growth enhancers.

Oh great, I'm going to do this! What is an airing cupboard? Is it warm/dark/sunny/well ventilated?
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump! Love Thai food, so I'm betting I'll like this too. Thanx!!
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think I might try this soon. Thanks!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am *stunned* by the popularity of this recipe!

Thanks for checking it out.

And I *love* all the variations y'all have been trying! I'm going to try the Pad Thai version that someone suggested, too.

Just-- wow!

Please check out my original cauliflower mashed "potato" recipe. I have gotten countless emails on that one!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/279170-chelle-s-cauliflower-mashed-potatoes

And here is another tofu shirataki recipe I use a lot:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/309503-my-236-calorie-very-filling-italian-style-lunch

Thanks, guys!

-Chelle