Herbalife - your thoughts

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Goodness alot of negativties no plus

You won't find a lot of positives here about anything that costs money to aid weight loss, because they aren't necessary and some are downright dangerous.

Please take some time to read through the success board here, you'll find the stories of many fantastic folk who started at all shapes and sizes and have lost weight simply by eating a little less and moving a little more.

Then check out the Most Helpful posts on the Getting Started and this board.

You'll find great advice there, it costs nothing and won't cause a lot of your friends to block you for re-posting the horrendously photoshopped Herbalife transformation pics :wink:

Hey now. Not all of them are terribly photoshopped. A lot of them are just stolen from other dieters. There's a difference, you know :drinker:

Must just be my insta feed that is full of the fakers ha Honestly between that and "It Works" I probably blocked more people than I have followed.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

Correct.

Should tell you something. A lot of the posters above have tried a lot of weight loss gimmicks in the past and have found them to be an honest waste of money. Very few people succeed long term on programs like Herbalife, and those who do likely would have succeeded simply counting calories, and saved a lot of money in the process.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Have you even tried that money pit of garbage?!
    It is truly yucky! Why not just eat real food and just eat less? To make a life of ingesting herbalife makes me gag!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member

You won't find a lot of positives here about anything that costs money to aid weight loss, because they aren't necessary and some are downright dangerous.

Please take some time to read through the success board here, you'll find the stories of many fantastic folk who started at all shapes and sizes and have lost weight simply by eating a little less and moving a little more.

Then check out the Most Helpful posts on the Getting Started and this board.

You'll find great advice there, it costs nothing and won't cause a lot of your friends to block you for re-posting the horrendously photoshopped Herbalife transformation pics :wink:

Hey now. Not all of them are terribly photoshopped. A lot of them are just stolen from other dieters. There's a difference, you know :drinker:
    It's a common tactic amongst MLM peddlers. Troll the internet for good before/after transformation pictures, steal them and post them on their own social media claiming that the results came from whatever scam product they're selling.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Congratulations for finishing your chemo treatment. Good for you for wanting to get back on the health train. If you are a confirmed gym junkie, might I suggest you take that up again? I am sure getting your shape and endurance back will be a big plus.

The last time I was at the gym I noticed that a fair number of gym rats were toting around Nalgene bottles filled with brown water. I'm assuming there is a fad going around that suggests that brown water is healthier than clear water. You could accomplish the same thing by steeping a favourite herbal tea and sweetening it with your favourite sweetener. Any tea will do. Toting around a bottle like that will also insulate you from receiving random gym rat nutrition advice.

With twenty pounds to lose, you can enter your stats in MFP, start entering your meals as you eat now, and adjust to stay within your calorie limit. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, and a daily dose of chocolate, to give yourself those wonderful anti-oxidants to suck up any free radicals. Boo cancer!
  • I tried editing I put on 10 not 20
  • dannosaur
    dannosaur Posts: 6 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Think of a horse.

Now think of the mess the horse leaves behind when it's finished digesting and processing its food.

That's Herbalife.

Nah.

The proper term is male bovine manure.

Horses are equines
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Ten pounds to lose? Even better. Because you love the gym I think you could do this just by adding exercise. Your question led me to google search good sources of anti-oxidants and prunes/raisins topped the list. If you were having problems with the organic food shelf life, prunes and raisins preserve very nicely. And they don't come in expensive shakes.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    I'm a breast cancer survivor finished treatment in dec2017 I'm 20kgs over weight from all the treatment and energy loss. I find it difficult an expensive to eat organic plus it goes off quick so I thought of trying Herbalife and possibly be a distributor if it works. I would love to hear your experience with it please before I invest.Thanks in advance.
    I am 47 and gym junky

I thought Herbalife was a pyramid scheme?

I would stay away.

Herbalife, Beachbody, Advocare, ItWorks, etc. prefer to call it "multi-level marketing". It doesn't sound quite as sleazy that way.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    saragd012 wrote: »
    ewcwk945rvo2.jpg

The Herbalife business model

Pretty much every MLM business model.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    If you want a good MLM laugh... check out this subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/top/?sort=top&t=all

As for OP - congrats on beating cancer! Sounds like you've had plenty of good responses so far. There's no need for expensive shakes or organic products - just eat a balanced, varied diet. :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    OP, you don't have to eat expensive foods or supplements. Eat a balanced and varied diet with plenty of nutrient dense foods for health. Budget friendly suggestions - frozen fruits and veggies, root veg, in-season greens, eggs, rolled oats, dried beans and lentils, canned tuna. To lose weight, set your goal to lose 0.5lbs per week, log your food accurately and consistently, and hit your calorie goal. If you are concerned about nutrition due to your history, see if you can get a referral to an RD to help you ensure you are getting everything you need.

MLM products are at best over-priced. They often don't even contain what they say they do. At worst they are not quality controlled and can contain unsafe levels of questionable supplements. And far more distributors lose $$$ than make it.

Congratulations on your recovery!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    dannosaur wrote: »
    Think of a horse.

Now think of the mess the horse leaves behind when it's finished digesting and processing its food.

That's Herbalife.

Nah.

Horses are equines

But a male cow is a "bull"
  • Bedazzled35
    Bedazzled35 Posts: 51 Member
    dannosaur wrote: »
    Think of a horse.

That's Herbalife.

Nah.

Horses are equines

But a male cow is a "bull"

Grrrrr.

No such thing as a male cow. Unless there is some kind of gender issue happening. Cows are female.

So bovine was correct then?